Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2011, 11:42   #1

Bobby Womack concert 25/6/2011

An excellent performance last night. Bobby came on stage an hour late, but still turned out a brilliant set which lasted over two hours. It was obvious from the start that he was quite poorly and frail. At the end of his opening tune, Bobby announced that only two weeks ago he underwent surgery for prostate cancer, and against all medical advice he insisted on flying out to his UK tour. At the end of the concert he quite literally had to be helped from the stage. He gave 100%, and hasn't lost any of his pure soulfull magic.Most people I spoke to after the show expressed a certain sadness at what might possibly be Bobbys last appearence in this country.
Good luck Bobby for all that lies ahead of you, you truly are a well loved legend, as you said last night "one of the last soulmen still standing".

keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-06-2011, 11:46   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Bobby Womack concert 25/6/2011

Sounds a great performance, Eric, although obviously tinged with sadness in the circumstances. Good luck Bobby.
Old 27-06-2011, 08:09   #3

I was there too and i thought he was excellent.Over 2 hours of quality entertainment from an obviously frail man was more than we could have hoped for.His voice was still as good as ever.
duckworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 09:32   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

glad yeh enjoyed yer evening Keep the Faith, we had a similar thing wi Jerry Lee Lewis, a couple of years back, thats the amazing thing i think, Great Artists never seem to lose it in a performance! hope B.W. carts on fer years yet.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..