Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2012, 19:16   #1

Desert Island Disc

Apologies if this has been asked before. What's your desert island disc from the Sixties. Mine for today at least is Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper. The thing is there's so many good songs it's subject to regular change
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-06-2012, 20:08   #2

Re: Desert Island Disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
Apologies if this has been asked before. What's your desert island disc from the Sixties. Mine for today at least is Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper. The thing is there's so many good songs it's subject to regular change
The album it came from, Aftermath, has always been a favourite of mine.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 20:15   #3

It's a brilliant album. I like Lady Jane and Out of Time too. I think they were both on Aftermath
Old 18-06-2012, 20:25   #4

Quote:
It's a brilliant album. I like Lady Jane and Out of Time too. I think they were both on Aftermath
They were. I like the very long Going Home and Under My Thumb. The late Brian Jones made an excellent contribution to this album.
Old 18-06-2012, 23:31   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
The album it came from, Aftermath, has always been a favourite of mine.
Fer my money, The best Stones Album. Mine for today though is This Magic Moment, By Jay @ The Americans, Was n old Drifters Cover, But a classic.
Old 19-06-2012, 16:42   #6
Super Moderator

Why does it have to be from the 60's?
Old 19-06-2012, 17:49   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Fer my money, The best Stones Album. Mine for today though is This Magic Moment, By Jay @ The Americans, Was n old Drifters Cover, But a classic.
First time I've heard that one Cashy. What a good choice. I bet Roy Orbison could have done a good version of that one
Old 19-06-2012, 18:04   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
First time I've heard that one Cashy. What a good choice. I bet Roy Orbison could have done a good version of that one
If yeh have a sneck around, They did a great version of Orbison's "Crying" have a fair bit of their stuff. Also the best ever version of "Cara Mia"
Old 19-06-2012, 18:26   #9
Super Moderator

Well, Claytoner40, you haven't answered my question, so, sod it, I'm putting a 50's record on.

Old 19-06-2012, 19:32   #10

Quote:
If yeh have a sneck around, They did a great version of Orbison's "Crying" have a fair bit of their stuff. Also the best ever version of "Cara Mia"
Just found Crying on YouTube and I agree it's a great version. My problem is I've heard Orbison's version first and his voice is up there with the best
Old 19-06-2012, 21:24   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Just found Crying on YouTube and I agree it's a great version. My problem is I've heard Orbison's version first and his voice is up there with the best
I heard Orbisons first in fact seen him at King Georges 62/63 ish, so ive got both versions. No dispute fer me the Big O was the best.
Old 19-06-2012, 21:32   #12
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I heard Orbisons first in fact seen him at King Georges 62/63 ish, so ive got both versions. No dispute fer me the Big O was the best.
I was there cashy, the Beatles and Gerry and the Pacemakers were on the same bill.
Old 19-06-2012, 21:32   #13

Who was the best you saw live Cashy?
Old 19-06-2012, 21:47   #14

Quote:
Who was the best you saw live Cashy?
May I answer first? The Patti Smith Group, Manchester Apollo, 1978.

Seeing The Who four nights in a row at the NEC Birmingham comes a close second.
Old 19-06-2012, 21:49   #15
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I was there cashy, the Beatles and Gerry and the Pacemakers were on the same bill.
Sunday 9 June 1963, 49 years ago!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..