Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 17:35   #1
Senior Member+

ITV's Favourite Number Ones!

Any one see this program at the weekend...

This is the top 10 singles they have chosen - do you think that anything is missing or it's not a good list?

Vote a this link and post what you voted for - Cheers!

Baby One More Time - Britney Spears. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen. Can't Get You Out Of My Head - Kylie Minogue. Dancing Queen - Abba. Don't Look Back In Anger - Oasis. Hey Jude - The Beatles. Imagine - John Lennon. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston. Someone Like You - Adele.

ITV NationsFavouriteNumberOneVote
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2012, 17:53   #2
Resting In Peace

Re: ITV's Favourite Number Ones!

Queen, no question. Although I grew up with the Beatles, Hey Jude is probably my least favourite of their songs.

PS Who's Adele?
Old 10-07-2012, 18:01   #3
God Member

Apart from Queen and "Imagine", I don't agree with any of it. And Britney Spears ... the only list she belongs on is a docket.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:15   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

90% crap in my view.
Old 10-07-2012, 20:07   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
Must admit to a lack of interest in any of those songs ,now if you had posted ;What`s the Nations Favourite Pie? .....
I don't know about the Nation, but us stubble jumpers love this:

Riverbend Plantation - Saskatoon Berry Pie
Old 10-07-2012, 20:13   #7
God Member

So sorry for the wander Kestrelx ... Least I can do is include a Prairie song to go with the pie

Old 10-07-2012, 21:51   #8
God Member

Has anyone on here voted or been invited to vote on these "voted by the public" surveys?..pop music by definition changes over the years and it will go on forever..what was the greatest in the 50's will not be in 2012 or in upcoming years..but they are all good tunes/songs
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 22:34   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Ive never been invited to vote on one of those surveys, nor do i know anyone who has.
Old 10-07-2012, 22:35   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Has anyone on here voted or been invited to vote on these "voted by the public" surveys?..pop music by definition changes over the years and it will go on forever..what was the greatest in the 50's will not be in 2012 or in upcoming years..but they are all good tunes/songs
Maybe they just put a bunch of guys in a room with a Yoda bong and a fridge full of brewskies. On the wall are a whole bunch of pieces of paper with the titles of real good songs written on them. In the middle of the room is a table full of numbered darts. The folks drink the brewskies and fire up the bong. When everyone is trashed, they pick up darts and hurl them at the wall ... simple and effective way to choose the top ten, or twenty, or etc.
Old 10-07-2012, 22:59   #11
Super Moderator

100% crap in my view.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:40   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
100% crap in my view.

Right on; it's a complete crock (so sorry for the Canadianism)
Old 11-07-2012, 07:54   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
100% crap in my view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Right on; it's a complete crock (so sorry for the Canadianism)
Well i don't mind 1 of em, so 90% is right fer me.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:27   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Ive never been invited to vote on one of those surveys, nor do i know anyone who has.
Me neither, unless the surveys are conducted from India and they get told to sod off before they even start their spiel
Old 11-07-2012, 08:52   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Yeh it's a con, what they did is got a group of music experts who selected a load of songs (how many I don't know) then I think they had some kind of online voting, which I never heard about until the first of the programs was shown on Sunday night, by which time the voting had closed.

Number 1's like "Albatross" and "Telstar" are more epic than stuff like Kylie Minogue. Seems like the choice are acts with an investment not off merit, in other words it's a record company promotions scam to sell records.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..