Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 20:59   #1
Senior Member+

My music

T C Agent | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

Songs on there are a few years old now.

If you wanna a listen. Ok. If you want to know what they are about--

1) As Time Slips Away-- About an argument with a close person and the negative effects of multiple arguments have had over the years

2) The Tide Rolling Out To A New Life-- No Comment

3) By The Sea-- About wanting to commit suicide by walking into the sea whilst at the same time imagining that the sea is welcoming you, and that the crashing of the waves are actually whispers of hope
Old 09-05-2012, 21:08   #2

Can't get them on my phone but look forward to hearing them when I next have laptop on
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:47   #3
Senior Member+

re: My music

cool thanks for willing to give them a go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
Can't get them on my phone but look forward to hearing them when I next have laptop on
Old 12-05-2012, 15:30   #4
Senior Member+

Who's playing the music? Sounds ok!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:43   #5
Senior Member+

all myself. any drums are preset on either my friend's (markyspark) Yamaha electric piano or Casio wk3800 Bass is also the keyboards and then I would perform a live take on my 8 track which has simultaneous inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Who's playing the music? Sounds ok!
Old 12-05-2012, 16:14   #6
God Member

I have listened to all three and the one thing they have in common, apart from you, is a very melancholy feeling. Have you no pacier more up-beat songs?

It's very hard to write and even harder to let others in on things that are personal to you so well done for being brave.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 05:54   #7
Senior Member+

thank you very kindly for your comments and for listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Have you no pacier more up-beat songs?

how about this one >
Old 13-05-2012, 10:04   #8
Senior Member+

Re: My music

Very depressing... why does the chorus only come in near the end? It would be better if it came in earlier on.
Old 13-05-2012, 10:35   #9
JFT96

Liked them , a kind of Crowded House ness about them, their more slower and melancholy ones that is.
Sound quality seems quite good as well, are you using 1/2 inch or 1 inch tape and I take it you have a decent mixing desk.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 15:40   #10
God Member

[quote=Restless;991352
how about this one >[/quote]
Nice photos, decent quality recording as BG says - you still seem a bit depressed though -or is that just my imagination?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 15:55   #11
Senior Member+

I have one of these
MR-8HD | 8 Track Digital Multitracker | Fostex
definitely one of the best things I have bought But rather than mix on the machine-- I transfer the wave files and mix it on the PC. I also have a PA that I had set up at home for a while when I lived in Clayton-- I lived on a gable and got away with using it for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Liked them , a kind of Crowded House ness about them, their more slower and melancholy ones that is.
Sound quality seems quite good as well, are you using 1/2 inch or 1 inch tape and I take it you have a decent mixing desk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Nice photos, decent quality recording as BG says - you still seem a bit depressed though -or is that just my imagination?
A lot of the pics come from this site back when I uploaded the songs to yotube. I hope nobody minds their use-- I make no profit from them. Perhaps I wrote all these songs in the winter; when my vit D levels was low and I didn't know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Very depressing... why does the chorus only come in near the end? It would be better if it came in earlier on.

Songs, sometimes, have a way of writing themselves
Old 13-05-2012, 16:49   #12
Beacon of light

I like the songs very much...soulful,meaningful.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 17:11   #13
JFT96

Very nice, I always liked the stuff Fostex's made, back when I was young I used to play round with a Tascam Portastudio 144, Portastudio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, if I was really lucky I could use my Dad's Teac A3440, which I still have.
Well dome mate

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 18:04   #14
Senior Member+

I used to have an analogue cassette version of a 4-track tascam portastudio. What I really love about the fostex is the simultaneous recording
Old 28-05-2012, 13:46   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post

Songs, sometimes, have a way of writing themselves
I couldn't listen to them all the way through at first because my computer was playing up and wouldn't play them all the way through. The 3 tracks are well put together - well done!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..