Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2006, 20:13   #1
Resting in Peace

The Singing Estate

I am madly, deeply, unconditionally in love with Ivor Setterfield, the choirmaster attempting to put into shape a choir from a 'broken down' estate in Bristol, to sing at the Royal Albert Hall in a couple of weeks time a classical piece in tune and harmony.

This is top stuff .... their fights, tears, family problems and elation in hitting the correct notes is second to none.

Please watch this .. brilliant television and Ivor, oh Ivor ... you my pin-up from now on.

Sure I saw him at the Botany Bay roundabout couple of weeks ago, scarf an 'all .. nah, couldn't be, could it ??
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-06-2006, 00:44   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Singing Estate

madly in love with HIM katex- and youv'e met garinda and me?
Old 26-06-2006, 14:31   #3
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
madly in love with HIM katex- and youv'e met garinda and me?
A little over the top Cashy? Although I consider you to be an attractive and gallant gentleman and more than a suitable suitor for the amiable and delightful Kate. I would suggest that the other bloke is far from appropriate.

My fair, if fickle Kate. I protest at your expression of love for this chap. I understood that you where going to give me ago…..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 19:53   #4
Resting in Peace

Gentlemen, whilst I am flattered by your attentions, it's just the way Ivor waves his baton ... so sexy.

Seriously though, anybody interested in music cannot fail to enjoy this programme, if only to show how difficult it can be for people without a natural ear for the correct key can get there in the end.
Old 26-06-2006, 19:57   #5
Member.

I'll do it just for you Kate. I mean I'll watch the programme, not wave my baton about...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ijs8a.jpg (4.2 KB, 17 views)

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 21:03   #6
Resting in Peace

Hey, thanks for the piccie, will print that out and pin on me wall. Never too old yah know !
Old 02-07-2006, 18:26   #7
Resting in Peace

Ok I'm ready for you Ivor, half and hour to go on Channel 5. Steak and kidney with dumplings ready and carton of wine by my side, and newly applied Heather Shimmer Lipstick

Also half an hour of Corrie beforehand (if this bloody racing doesn't run over again).

Heaven on earth.
Old 02-07-2006, 20:13   #8
Resting in Peace

Know I am talking to meself here, but av been in a flood of tears watching the Blackbird Leys Choir reaching their goal and singing at the Royal Albert with all those wonderful musicians >>>> Absolutely, b. fantastic !! well done.

And Ivor, the grey pin-striped suit, love shoulders, phwoa. White shirt was a little suspect though.
Old 02-07-2006, 20:21   #9
God Member

Isn't talking to yourself the first sign of madness?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 20:32   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Isn't talking to yourself the first sign of madness?
I do hope so Gayle, then I wouldn't care very much, would I ..

Did you not watch this? Know you would be one of the first to appreciate this project.
Old 02-07-2006, 20:39   #11
God Member

I watched part of one episode and yes, I thought it was a good programme. Personally, the singing reality shows don't hook me though - did enjoy The Play's The Thing though.

Old 02-07-2006, 20:46   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I watched part of one episode and yes, I thought it was a good programme. Personally, the singing reality shows don't hook me though - did enjoy The Play's The Thing though.
Singing Reality ..do ya' mean like Pop Ido and such, wasn't like that at all >> more getting together a community in a common goal to improve their lifes.

Perhaps could mix a Mela with a Prom, whatcha' think ? No professionals though, just the people of our town.
Old 02-07-2006, 20:55   #13
God Member

Funny you should say that Kate - I think it's one of those 'watch this space' moments.

Old 02-07-2006, 20:58   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Funny you should say that Kate - I think it's one of those 'watch this space' moments.
Will do Gayle
Old 02-07-2006, 20:59   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Singing Reality ..do ya' mean like Pop Ido and such, wasn't like that at all >> more getting together a community in a common goal to improve their lifes.
No, I love Pop Idol but there have been a few shows similar to the Singing Estate show with two or three teams of community groups or towns competing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..