Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2005, 12:03   #1
Junior Member+

Smile We Need Someone Who can play Piano

Hi my names Liam i am a member of bk2bk with my friend Laura Dady. We are wanting someone who can play the piano andcan read sheet music if asked to. If you feel you fit the part and want the chance to be in with us get back to me asap we will; be recruiting soon so HURRY!!!!!

Hear form you soon

BK2BK
mulstonian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2005, 20:32   #2
Ben

Question Re: We Need Someone Who can play Piano

Hi,

I have a grade 6 in piano, and obviously can read sheet music. I've been looking for a new band for a while, I quit the last one because I thought the vocalists were dragging us down a bit. Looking for something new.

P.S. BK2BK ?
Tell me more;members,style etc.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 20:50   #3
Junior Member+

Question Re: We Need Someone Who can play Piano

hi! my name is Thomas and i am currently studying for my grade 7 in piano and can read sheet music... obviously. I have been looking for something to do in my spare time and joining a band would be ideal. could you give me some information about the band, your style, members etc.
Thanx a lot
Thomas
thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 09:13   #4
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: We Need Someone Who can play Piano

BK2BK are currently a duo. Me myself play the guitar and sing and Laura is also a vocalist. We have an audition with a manager on saturday and then we will introduce you into the band. That is if you want to of course. I am nearly 17 and Laura will be 18 in Septmber. Could you please leave me some details of yourself like your age, where you live and do you have transport. We meet for practice regularly although i myself cant do fridays because i am currently in a musical and dont finish till 10pm. Me myself go to St Mary's College and currently studying, Psychology, Sociology and AVCE Health and Social Care. Laura on the other hand goes to Burnley College and is studying Performing Arts.
Old 22-02-2005, 13:30   #5
Ben

Re: We Need Someone Who can play Piano

OK, firstly - who is this reply for?
What time is the audition. What grade do you have in guitar? Are you any good?
Are you any good at singing? I am interested.
I am from Accrington and I'm 17 - 18 in November. So you don't actually have a manager yet?

P.S. Why BK2BK?
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 13:39   #6

Hold on LIAM,thought YOU could play piano ...?
AND... you told me you already had a manager and it's only an audition.

Last edited by Chelle; 23-02-2005 at 09:21.
Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 09:23   #7
Junior Member+

Hi again, who is the reply for? thats all very interesting. i live in Accrington. Do you have any grades in guitar? how strong a singer are you? Can you play piano? if so, why are you looking for another pianist?
I am 18 - 19 in april

Thomas
Old 23-02-2005, 10:58   #8
Junior Member+

yes i can play the piano and i would like to hear you both play because although you are both at the same grade ben has been in a band before and he knows what the pressure can be like so i need to see you both play. then i can make my mind up if thats ok with you. No i dont currently have any grades in guitar as i have been teaching myself to play in my spare time. if you have any urgent enquiries and needto get hold of me my numbers 07835563253 and always ahve it switched on. hope to hear from you soon

BK2BK
Old 23-02-2005, 11:00   #9
Junior Member+

Listen chelle anything you have to say to me you can either say it to my face or you can txt me. Not that its any of your business but yeah i do have a manger but he wants to listen to if thats ok with you. Anyway at least my group is actually goingto get somewhere.
Old 23-02-2005, 15:28   #10

HAHAHAH pmsl helps if you can sing... don't forget to learn your BASIC chords Liam rofl
BTW Ben & thomas seriously, you are too good,don't bring yourself down for it. get someone decent, he takes over... *repeats self*.... *HINT*
Old 23-02-2005, 17:00   #11
Junior Member+

Exclamation Re: We Need Someone Who can play Piano

OK im getting confused. Ben, do you write your own stuff for piano? I av been workin on some songs you see, and it would be great if we could collaborate. I can sing also, so i would be really interested in working with you.
Chelle, you seem to know an awful lot about Liam, where do you get your information from?
Liam you say YOU have to make your mind up, does the other member get a say in it?
I too have been in a band before but we all went separate ways and split. I am interested in your band, I am just wondering if piano is all I would get to do or is there any vocal stuff going?
thanx
Thomas

P.S. what does BK2BK mean?

Last edited by thomas; 23-02-2005 at 17:03.
Old 23-02-2005, 17:22   #12

Hi Thomas,
I know enough about Liam because I know him from college, he was an ex-member of our band - Established. However, we refused to let him re-join basically because we do not need him & he tried taking over by attempting to kick out one of our best members - who also plays piano & sings btw. BTW LIAM our group is getting somewhere we have at least 2 albums worth of tracks to record, that SURPRISE we have written by ourselves, and as for the stupid INSULTING email you sent to the band's email address, it was pathetic.. and for one, you do not have any rights at all to any of our lyrics/melodies we wrote even when you were 'in' the band as you never contributed to either. So I don't know where you got that idea from. And btw, don't tell me to tell you whatever I wanna say to your face because for a start, I was stood right in front of you when you were probably writing that message pathetically in Open Access 2. Also, if you do have a manager then why do you only have an audition, you haven't been signed yet, since when did they agree to sign anybody on before even hearing them? Get your facts right before saying something - we ARE getting somewhere. We actually have a manager,unlike some, AND our OWN tracks. Ben & Thomas - advise you to collaborate together - forget the control freak. YOU CALL TWO PEOPLE A GROUP? IT'S A DUET DIPSTICK. And where is it exactly you are going? Mars?

P.S. He's a liar.

Last edited by Chelle; 23-02-2005 at 17:25.
Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 17:33   #13

oooooo tensions are running high here aren't they!
play nicely children! hehe! anyway, i wrote another song today remember chelle?! so thats two albums worth and an extra song hehe.
btw... who are thomas n ben?!?! whoever u r then i don't think you shud get involved in any band mentioned here, too much tension. you dont want to be caught up in all dat do u?
and also... pmsl@chelle!
Bye Bye
Rachie xx
chibba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 17:36   #14

Too right Chib, they are better off collaborating - maybe we should meet up? They sound quite cool.
Old 23-02-2005, 17:54   #15

yeah chelle! cool maybe! but wudnt dean be put out a bit??
chibba is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..