Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2011, 00:30   #1

What do you play

Fellow accy webbers who plays a instrument for how long and in what style im guitarist 6 yrs influenced by many but nirvana inspired me to pick up guitar what about you guys??
ianakabigsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-09-2011, 12:58   #2
Full Member+

Re: What do you play

Brian May is my hero and the reason I started playing. The great thing about the guitar is that you never stop learning.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 18:05   #3
Resting in Peace

I have a Fender Strat, have always dabbled about, but think I was more cut out for the tambourine
Old 23-09-2011, 19:11   #4

I can play a few chords on a guitar and ukelele. Would love to learn the banjo as well.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 20:30   #5
Give, give, give member

Men of Harlech.

Descant recorder.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 20:35   #6
Beacon of light

To my etrenal shame I can play no musical instrument....even though we had a piano and a violin at home....And both of my parents could read music and play well.
If anyone asks me what I can play, I usually tell them 'I can play hell with a big stick and a basket of eggs'.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 20:39   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
To my etrenal shame I can play no musical instrument....even though we had a piano and a violin at home....And both of my parents could read music and play well.
If anyone asks me what I can play, I usually tell them 'I can play hell with a big stick and a basket of eggs'.
I had lessons, and attempted to play every single musical instument.

All to no avail.

Everyone was so amazed that such a 'musical' child was so unmusical.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 20:48   #8
Beacon of light

I couldn't even play one of those Rolf Harris things......No....not a didgeridoo(it is considered very unlucky for a woman even to try to play one of those)....I mean a stylophone.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 08:53   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It would appear your parents were more acumplished than Paul McCarntney Margaret, he can niether read or write music, yet he's just composed an ballet which got its first airing this week, and he's made a few bob before that too
Old 24-09-2011, 09:48   #10
Resting in Peace

When our house was flooded back in the 50's my dad floated down the street on the settee,I accompanied him on the piano.

Start the car.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really

Last edited by Benipete; 24-09-2011 at 09:54.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 10:01   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
When our house was flooded back in the 50's my dad floated down the street on the settee,I accompanied him on the piano.

Start the car.
Ya and don't forget your coat
Old 24-09-2011, 12:48   #12
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I have a Fender Strat, have always dabbled about, but think I was more cut out for the tambourine
I have a strat as well, mine's relatively new but some of the old ones are worth a fortune. The thing about the strat is, the design hasn't changed a bit since they were first made in the 50's. Apart from the condition you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference between a 1958 strat and one that was made last week. Just goes to show they got it dead right first time.
Old 24-09-2011, 14:24   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
I have a strat as well, mine's relatively new but some of the old ones are worth a fortune. The thing about the strat is, the design hasn't changed a bit since they were first made in the 50's. Apart from the condition you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference between a 1958 strat and one that was made last week. Just goes to show they got it dead right first time.
When I was young I loved the shadows went to see them about three times, they were renowned for using Fenders both Telly and Strats, but I was watching a program on yesterday channel think it was something like Rock the sixties, but not sure. in this the shadows played Apache, but both Hank and Bruce were playing Bradshaw guitars, I have to say I'd never heard of them before, but here's a like about them

PRS Guitars | JD Bradshaw
Old 24-09-2011, 15:55   #14
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
When I was young I loved the shadows went to see them about three times, they were renowned for using Fenders both Telly and Strats, but I was watching a program on yesterday channel think it was something like Rock the sixties, but not sure. in this the shadows played Apache, but both Hank and Bruce were playing Bradshaw guitars, I have to say I'd never heard of them before, but here's a like about them

PRS Guitars | JD Bradshaw
Yeah, Hank Marvin was probably the first English "guitar hero" and was a big influence on the likes of Brian May and Mark Knopfler. He's usually known for playing a red strat but I've seen film of him playing a Burns guitar. Your link is actually for Paul Reed Smith guitars, I've had my eye on a PRS for a while but the missus says NO...unless a sell one of mine first!!
Old 24-09-2011, 16:47   #15

I really like the prs guitars beautiful lines and good action the guitar i got at the mo is a strat copy an its almost dead cant c myself gettin a new one too soon either maybe a cornflake box and sum rubba bands haha talkin of the shadows tea time hank marvin
ianakabigsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..