Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree55Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2018, 15:14   #61
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yeah, that's right. Are my posts not good enough or what?
Are they hell as like yer in Peru,
Wynonie Harris likes this.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-04-2018, 16:24   #62
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yeah, that's right. Are my posts not good enough or what?
Did you wear your invisibility cloak again when you typed the post Wynonie??
Wynonie Harris likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 17:44   #63
Full Member+
 
Lord Stiffupperlip's Avatar
 

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just seemed to me an inappropriate time to whinge about such a small matter - Wynonie posted in a very similar vein & yet that doesn't seem to have upset you?
Yes, the club made a mistake but I'm sure if you'd pointed it out to them instead of posting on here that you're going to report them to trading standards for it, the matter would have been sorted
Oh do pardon me AccyMad!
I thought this thread was about Season Tickets, not our superb league title - Silly me!
There are 61 posts on this thread, quite a few critical about the clubs apparent inflexibility over exactly when they can be bothered to service requests to renew season tickets - on which you remain strangely quiet.
Yet, as soon as I raise a legitimate point about an unlawful charge, you accuse me of being a whingeing skinflint, intent on spoiling the party.
As for 'pointing this out to the club', I did question it at the time I paid my 182 fee & was told 'Sorry! Company policy'.
I recall we had this same argument last season when the club made this 'admin charge' but it was only after I paid that I was made aware that this became illegal in January.
As for your pathetic jibe about ignoring Wynonie. You stuck the knife in first, he just finished me off!
Your argument is like a child reprimanded for some naughty deed who replies -'It's not fair, it wasn't just me!
But just to keep you happy - Wynonie - you're a very naughty boy!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 17:52   #64
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

No reasoning with you is there Lord S?! And someone said Cashy could start an argument in a nunnery, he's got nothing on you - I'm done reading any more of your drivel, I'm too busy feeling happy that the club I've supported for over 40 years have done the impossible, again!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 17:54   #65
Senior Member+
 
Chimer's Avatar
 

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
As for 'pointing this out to the club', I did question it at the time I paid my 182 fee & was told 'Sorry! Company policy'.
Yeah, but there is a big difference between questioning a busy member of staff with no authority to change things, and writing formally to the MD pointing out that their policy is illegal. The difference being that the second approach might actually change things ....

Life would be so much simpler if I could only see one side of an argument
sherry likes this.
__________________
Zero Tolerance of Intolerance
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 20:25   #66
Super Moderator


 
Wynonie Harris's Avatar
 

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
But just to keep you happy - Wynonie - you're a very naughty boy!
That's better! I was beginning to think you were ignoring me. Strewth, Lord Stiffy, you've certainly got one on you today. If this is you at our greatest moment of triumph, I dread to think what you're like in one of our darker moments!
__________________
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 21:00   #67
Full Member
 

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Its always the same when we're doing well and there's nothing to moan about football wise. I still fondly recall Piegate from our dress-rehearsal season 2 years ago.

If you want something to moan about what about the price of soft drinks during winners hour? (Only joking).
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 21:10   #68
God Member
 
VALAIRIAN's Avatar
 

Smile Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Please........

This thread was started - as I have done more than once - in the hope of rallying folks to beat the 1000 barrier (something that I have longed for for years.............)

There are people on here who get it and understand why

But, I never, ever intended it to turn into a tit for tat thread - like some posters seem to relish in - about anything else!!!!

At the time of posting, I never, ever envisaged we would be talking of a title winning 'Championie' team (please burn me now for doubting we would win the league )

The two main 'culprits' in this thread are - in my opinion - two of the most loyal, dedicated, Stanley oriented, decent people I know.

I heard Andy Holt on the radio the other night - Yeovil - saying that a girl said to him "Sorry, but I have only been supporting Accy for six years..." Andy replied "Do not worry, I have only supported them for two!!"

It is not about 'my dad is stronger than yours..' it is about Stanley achieving a monumental promotion and WINNING THE LEAGUE!!!!!

Please can we all remember that the one thing that binds us all together is the mighty Accy Stanley..........

"we conquered all of non-league..................



ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad, sherry and choirboy like this.
__________________
JCFG



308
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 21:31   #69
Super Moderator


 
Wynonie Harris's Avatar
 

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

So anyway, Joe, to get back in track, how many ST's have they sold so far? I'm sure I've seen a figure of 800 quoted somewhere?
__________________
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 21:48   #70
Full Member+
 
Lord Stiffupperlip's Avatar
 

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
That's better! I was beginning to think you were ignoring me. Strewth, Lord Stiffy, you've certainly got one on you today. If this is you at our greatest moment of triumph, I dread to think what you're like in one of our darker moments!
Wasn't ignoring you Wynonie. Just trying to keep my response in keeping with the point of this thread.
I celebrated our superb achievement along with everyone else on Saturday.
However, I thought this thread was supposed to be about season tickets?
I've gladly renewed mine again, but because I mention a questionable charge I'm suddenly a whinger.
We all love an argument, but some of the replies to my original post have been pure sarcasm & seem to follow the old adage;
'When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff'
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 21:56   #71
Full Member+
 

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

So as people get different treatment and told different things it probably depended who you spoke to. Which doesn't bode well - come back RH!
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 22:32   #72
mab
God Member
 
Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!
Flash Circle Tower Defense Champion!

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

902 ST sold as of 1:15pm on Saturday plus those who have purchased one after that time. I asked jess in the office
Wynonie Harris likes this.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 22:58   #73
Super Moderator


 
Wynonie Harris's Avatar
 

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
902 ST sold as of 1:15pm on Saturday plus those who have purchased one after that time. I asked jess in the office
Cheers, mate. So it looks like we're going to meet the 1,000 target...and maybe more!
mab likes this.
__________________
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 23:25   #74
mab
God Member
 
Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!
Flash Circle Tower Defense Champion!

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

A good friend of mine has just purchased a St for the first of asking only been to 4 Stanley games, He was so impressed with everything Stanley, hes got the Stanley Bug
Wynonie Harris likes this.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 16:52   #75
Full Member+
 

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Over a thousand sold now! Great news
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:42.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.27212 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1