Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2009, 08:29   #31
Member.

Re: 1000 Shares Issue!!!

It’s a bold move and it answers what some of us have in fact asked for; I had said months ago I wanted a share or Shares for there historic long term value although that wouldn’t be in financial terms. They are expensive and some of us will do silly things to get one; I’ve already told “her” lies i.e. there only £200 quid etc.

The only worries I have is the marketing aspect from the club; Programme announcement fine, but by half time it should have been on the fishy site with half a dozen questions answered before they could be asked; a full description of the package; can they be bought over small payments or be reserved to give people time to access funds.

Full credit to the club because this also answers some of the questions regarding the alleged debt levels and short term future funding after the tax repayment, not a vast amount of money but certainly better than handing out the begging bowl again.

Will they all be sold? Doubt it at this time of year following a really bad down turn like we have just had; the better off fans may have a run on them with Christmas only 10 weeks away, it a good quality novelty gift if you can afford it.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2009, 08:32   #32
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
I like many would love the chance to INVEST in the club......

But this looks like a large DONATION with a certificate ???

Could be Simon, but would they run the risk of falling foul of Trading Law & Trading Standards, a lot of younger fans will be wanting parents to buy these for Christmas, I’m sure the club will have considered that and will have looked at the risks of misleading people

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 14-10-2009, 08:37   #33
Senior Member+

[quote=maccawozzagod;753331) My understanding of this is that Styrings shares have been used. The 1000 shares are only equivalent to about 10% of the club.

[/quote]

So this means Macca, that 1 x £250.00 share gives you only 1/100 th % of a shares ?? with possibly no rights ?
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 08:45   #34
God Member

Did you honestly think that EW and the Don would allow a share issue with voting rights?.................Of course not, it is just an elaborate way for getting us to pay the bills with no rights given. Oh and it will also mean that the current board will have even less money to find..............Bloody typical

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 09:16   #35
Resting In Peace

We have been asking for a share issue (more or less demanding it) ever since the winding up order was made. Now a share issue has been made everybody is complaining about it and finding things wrong with it. I, for one, will be subscribing to it and I hope that all the people who have been demanding it are subscribing to it as well. I think it's a good move by DON and I hope that all 1000 shares are sold.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 09:23   #36
God Member

Well well i never, would love to have a share in the club but seems a prem team share deal is cheaper up the rd im led to believe. Its a lot of money for little back and despite xmas and my birthday at the start of the year its probably surpassed my allowance.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 09:26   #37
God Member

I agree Jeff, nothing illegal or untoward seems to have happened with this but I would imagine that the maths of it all won't stack up for larger investor (businessmen with an interest toward the club) so it is only aimed at the smaller investor. Who are skint and is there a thousand of them.

I too hope that they all sell and I will hope to buy one
Old 14-10-2009, 09:32   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Did you honestly think that EW and the Don would allow a share issue with voting rights?.................Of course not, it is just an elaborate way for getting us to pay the bills with no rights given. Oh and it will also mean that the current board will have even less money to find..............Bloody typical

Bloody Amazing!...There you were plotting the take-over of ASFC, but when the club offer the opportunity for everyone to participate the negatives come-out again!........There's no pleasing some folk!

It's about saving the Club, not voting rights!!!!!!!!
Old 14-10-2009, 09:36   #39
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin View Post
bloody amazing!...there you were plotting the take-over of asfc, but when the club offer the opportunity for everyone to participate the negatives come-out again!........there's no pleasing some folk!

It's about saving the club, not voting rights!!!!!!!!
exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14-10-2009, 09:37   #40
God Member

How does this effect the assf plans ?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 09:37   #41
Resting In Peace

Details now on fishy site

Accrington Stanley
Old 14-10-2009, 09:40   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
We have been asking for a share issue (more or less demanding it) ever since the winding up order was made. Now a share issue has been made everybody is complaining about it and finding things wrong with it. I, for one, will be subscribing to it and I hope that all the people who have been demanding it are subscribing to it as well. I think it's a good move by DON and I hope that all 1000 shares are sold.
I think this is an EXcellent move bythe Club!

This is everyone's opportunity to participate, finances permitting, in the survival of the club. I for one shall be investing for my "piece of history"

On Stanley On!
Old 14-10-2009, 09:41   #43
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
How does this effect the assf plans ?
It doesn’t, this is the club acting in it best interests to raise funds from those who wish to purchase as individuals. The ASSF could buy into this if it wanted too; only it wouldn’t have control, just as we won’t if & when we buy them

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 14-10-2009, 09:43   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Well well i never, would love to have a share in the club but seems a prem team share deal is cheaper up the rd im led to believe. Its a lot of money for little back and despite xmas and my birthday at the start of the year its probably surpassed my allowance.

Remind me when the Accyweb awards next come up to nominate you for 'Most Non-Subtle Hint Of The Year'
Old 14-10-2009, 09:44   #45
Member.

Note to Club: Well Done.........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..