Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2009, 09:46   #46
God Member

Re: 1000 Shares Issue!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Remind me when the Accyweb awards next come up to nominate you for 'Most Non-Subtle Hint Of The Year'
So its a no then lmao

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2009, 09:47   #47
Member.

Quote:
Remind me when the Accyweb awards next come up to nominate you for 'Most Non-Subtle Hint Of The Year'

Don't get soft....make her work twice as hard for it; but dont commit yourself, leave it open ended just in case she wants to hang it over the bed..........

Don't tell her I said anything will you.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 09:48   #48

Getting mine asap
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 09:52   #49
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Getting mine asap
Been trying to get them on the Phone.....it's engaged

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 09:53   #50
God Member

Even though this may have been the better first option when the crisis started, you can't turn back the clock. Maybe lessons have been learnt in certain quarters on how passionate Stanley fans are, and how helpful football fans in general are ( wouldn't suggest you try the latter too often though )

The one big thing is that anybody buying these shares will actually be able to attend the AGM. I'm assuming it will be held annually not every 10/20/30 years as seems to be the current trend. You may not get a vote, but you do get a voice.
Old 14-10-2009, 09:56   #51

Yeah I'm in Scotland sent an email, credit card in hand
Old 14-10-2009, 09:58   #52

Quote:
Even though this may have been the better first option when the crisis started, you can't turn back the clock. Maybe lessons have been learnt in certain quarters on how passionate Stanley fans are, and how helpful football fans in general are ( wouldn't suggest you try the latter too often though )

The one big thing is that anybody buying these shares will actually be able to attend the AGM. I'm assuming it will be held annually not every 10/20/30 years as seems to be the current trend. You may not get a vote, but you do get a voice.
will need to be a big room.
Old 14-10-2009, 10:19   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
Bloody Amazing!...There you were plotting the take-over of ASFC, but when the club offer the opportunity for everyone to participate the negatives come-out again!........There's no pleasing some folk!

It's about saving the Club, not voting rights!!!!!!!!
You're damn right Im annoyed, I do not like being ripped off and at 250+vat PER SHARE I see that as a rip off.

If I recall correctly the original 'B' shares were valued at 1(one pound)..........Im sure that Jeff will correct me if Im wrong, now even taking fluctuations in the market to ridiculous levels, there is no way in hell they are now worth 250! If they were then the club is being valued at approx 2million pounds!!!.................That spells RIP OFF to me.......Redskin, if you want to waste your hard earned cash on this scheme then please go ahead and do so I am merely pointing out the way I see things................If ya dont like it then tough, I couldnt care less mate

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 10:29   #54

I know what your saying uk but the tickets are worth £150 and a shirt probably £40 so it's only really £60 for the share that's my view on it and people have given a lot more than that in fundraising events.

Just my view
Old 14-10-2009, 10:44   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
I know what your saying uk but the tickets are worth £150 and a shirt probably £40 so it's only really £60 for the share that's my view on it and people have given a lot more than that in fundraising events.

Just my view
Dress it up whichever way you want, but if the club sell all 1,000 shares in the next 2 weeks, it still comes down to the fact that Do'N and the remainder of the board will have got the club saved for free and still retain the right to run the club how they see fit. The maths add up as follows £250k for shares + over £100k in SOS fund (when you include Rovers game + Aztecs game and all other funds not yet listed). So that is £350k+ and what rights have share holders got, exactly none except to attend an infrequent AGM. Sorry Shurm, Redskin et al, I am with UKCowboy on this one.

However, if the story in the Evening Telegraph is to be believed and the end of the tax bill is nigh, i.e. bill paid and shares issued to repay short term loan from a local businessperson, then yes it may just be a good idea and in which case, I would probably purchase one if and when funds are available

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 14-10-2009 at 10:48.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 11:02   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
You're damn right Im annoyed, I do not like being ripped off and at 250+vat PER SHARE I see that as a rip off.

If I recall correctly the original 'B' shares were valued at 1(one pound)..........Im sure that Jeff will correct me if Im wrong, now even taking fluctuations in the market to ridiculous levels, there is no way in hell they are now worth 250! If they were then the club is being valued at approx 2million pounds!!!.................That spells RIP OFF to me.......Redskin, if you want to waste your hard earned cash on this scheme then please go ahead and do so I am merely pointing out the way I see things................If ya dont like it then tough, I couldnt care less mate

It's funny when the boot is on the other foot isn't it!..........True Colours are being show now!!!!!

I shall do it for the right reasons, Unconditional Support!......
Old 14-10-2009, 11:08   #57
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Dress it up whichever way you want, but if the club sell all 1,000 shares in the next 2 weeks, it still comes down to the fact that Do'N and the remainder of the board will have got the club saved for free and still retain the right to run the club how they see fit.
It says in the report in the Telegraph that key figures within the club – including joint chairperson Dave O’Neill and chief executive Rob Heys – had pledged to put in a combined £100,000.

Accrington Stanley near end to tax saga (From Lancashire Telegraph)
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 11:13   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
It says in the report in the Telegraph that key figures within the club – including joint chairperson Dave O’Neill and chief executive Rob Heys – had pledged to put in a combined £100,000.

Accrington Stanley near end to tax saga (From Lancashire Telegraph)

I wonder if Mr Khan and the ASSF will now match it??????????
Old 14-10-2009, 11:20   #59
Senior Member+

also we are getting a new kit which is about to come out end of this month!!!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 11:38   #60

Well done the DON, didnt even need to sell a house, now thats what I call a business man, I think Stanley will be safe in your hands. The share certificate will look good framed and hanging in an alcove, On Stanley On.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..