Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2009, 14:32   #76
God Member

Re: 1000 Shares Issue!!!

Would anyone like to guess what the take-up rate will be for these shares?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2009, 14:40   #77
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The alternative of sitting in the pub every Saturday afternoon for the next 20-odd years, saying to myself "well, at least the club didn't get my hard-money!" just doesn't appeal. Now if only I can get Mrs H to see it that way!
Mr H, you must have a face you pull when there is no game to watch on a Saturday, you know the one, bored, what am I doing here, she's going to suggest shopping soon. Just use it when trying to convince her that a small investment is better than looking at your face for years.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 14:41   #78
God Member

It could be a nice little way for businesses to get behind the club.

£250 (most of em will get the VAT back) secures them a ltd edition shirt to hang in the reception, ten tickets to give away to staff or customers, and a framed certificate to say that xyz company part own Stanley. Marketed that way there would be a good chance of decent take up around the business parks.

I've also emailed Dan regards whether an installment package could be produced, fifty notes + vat for five months might be a lot more ameniable to us general riff raff

I'd still like to know what the overall percentage share is though, just in case I win £250k on the lotto tonight
Old 14-10-2009, 14:42   #79
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Macca can we ask them if they can chuck in a limited edition badge?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 14:45   #80
God Member

Lol so finding the excuses to the misses funny any luck fella's ?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 14:49   #81
God Member

if they sell em all I think we should produce one baggie
Old 14-10-2009, 15:06   #82
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think if you offer any football club chairman the chance to get the revenue from 10 games in advance he would snap your hand off.
Maybe but this money will be used to pay of tax debts from how many years ago? It will not be used to invest in the club for this season so it is in effect lost ticket sales.
Old 14-10-2009, 15:16   #83
God Member

Smile Re: 1000 Shares Issue!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
We have been asking for a share issue (more or less demanding it) ever since the winding up order was made. Now a share issue has been made everybody is complaining about it and finding things wrong with it. I, for one, will be subscribing to it and I hope that all the people who have been demanding it are subscribing to it as well. I think it's a good move by DON and I hope that all 1000 shares are sold.
Great post Jeff, I am with you all the way and will be getting one

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 15:22   #84
God Member

Me too

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 15:27   #85
God Member

Smile Re: 1000 Shares Issue!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Would anyone like to guess what the take-up rate will be for these shares?
I will guess 100%

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 15:40   #86
God Member

1) How on Earth is this a "longer term income generator" when the most it can bring in is £250,000? That would barely cover our tax debt even if it was being used entirely for that purpose. That's not even mentioning the £150,000 owed to Eric Whalley and other debts.

2) Are these new shares or have they been bought from other shareholders and resold? If they have been bought from other shareholders, will the people who bought them be taking their money back out of each £250?

edit:

3) Where has the money come from to pay for the new kit?

Last edited by shakermaker; 14-10-2009 at 15:43.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 16:54   #87
God Member

Just a thought - it doesn't bode well for their optimism about promotion that they are saying that it's for any League 2 game. Presumably it's transferable if they find themselves playing League 1 football next year.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 17:18   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Just a thought - it doesn't bode well for their optimism about promotion that they are saying that it's for any League 2 game. Presumably it's transferable if they find themselves playing League 1 football next year.
It wouldn't matter as it is for season 09/10 only apparently
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 17:25   #89
God Member

Well, ' She that must be obeyed' has told me enphatically "NO". If it was a real share issue, with voting rights etc, she would consider and most likely say yes. As she dosen't share the same passion for our great wee club as I do, and because the funds would have to come from 'our ' a/c ,as opposed to mine, its a "No no" for us. I am still completely stupified as to why they didn't accept Ilyas 's offer earlier. This to me is a more 'Upmarket bucket collection'. I really do hope it works, and going by the mostly positive feedback on here, should that feeling prevail in the greater community, then success is assured.
Good luck STANLEY
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 17:45   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
1) How on Earth is this a "longer term income generator"
because it may take a while to sell them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
2) Are these new shares or have they been bought from other shareholders and resold? If they have been bought from other shareholders, will the people who bought them be taking their money back out of each £250?
old shares revalued. they are 'b' shares which sold for ten pounds each. I would imagine that the previous holder will have been paid for them already but the big question is who by?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..