Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2009, 19:55   #106
God Member

Re: 1000 Shares Issue!!!

Value for money doesn't matter a jot. I just see this scheme as half arsed.

A massive issue of brand new shares would've cleared all of the club's debts and recapitalised the club. That's properly saving the club; properly preparing it for the future. How can fans forgive David O'Neill for passing that up?

But I'm sure the new shirt will be splendid and the frame for the stifficate will be lovely. I'll probably get one. That's what happens when your heartstrings are being tugged and shiny stuff with all kinds of emblems are waved in your face.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2009, 19:57   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
That's what happens when your heartstrings are being tugged and shiny stuff with all kinds of emblems are waved in your face.

And thats why football is like no other business, it's difficult as a customer to take your business elsewhere
Old 14-10-2009, 20:04   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
A tenner is more easily obtainable even £50 is but at 280 odd incl vat is too rich for mine and many's blood equates to more than 2 weeks wages for me! I wish as does many that the money was disposable, but big fry for the ordinary fan.
Easy, have a share of a share..... 10 of ya, £25 each, do a draw for the shirt, get 10 photocopies & 10 £2 frames....

There ya go, a share of a share & you can still say "I am a shareholder & I did my bit!"

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 20:04   #109
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Value for money doesn't matter a jot. I just see this scheme as half arsed.

A massive issue of brand new shares would've cleared all of the club's debts and recapitalised the club. That's properly saving the club; properly preparing it for the future. How can fans forgive David O'Neill for passing that up?
But that's what Stanley directors are good at being half arsed except when it comes to scaring away investors because they are world beaters at that

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 20:07   #110
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I can't afford a Porche, but I don't want to stop them making cars.
i love you

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 20:10   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Out of curiosity what do those who hold season tickets think. Those who don't have them are probably looking at the package as a good buy if they can use the ten tickets. Should they have done something different for ST holders ?
That's an important point, Dave. I've already expressed my thoughts as below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I'm afraid I'm still undecided. I would have liked the official announcement to be much clearer. For example, I would like to know how long the flexi tickets are valid for. If it's only for the current season, they are of little value to season ticket holders except possibly as gifts.
A season ticket, two shirt sponsorships, donations to SOS - and now this. As a "deal", it's not worth it in my opinion. As a meaningful share in the club, it's a non-event. As a donation, it's a heck of a lot of money.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 20:11   #112

oh i think Hannah has cracked it,she asking grandad to get her a share,shes not daft that one!
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 20:14   #113
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Easy, have a share of a share..... 10 of ya, £25 each, do a draw for the shirt, get 10 photocopies & 10 £2 frames....

There ya go, a share of a share & you can still say "I am a shareholder & I did my bit!"

Accrington Web version of this please
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 20:45   #114
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
And thats why football is like no other business, it's difficult as a customer to take your business elsewhere
No its not......Come over to the REDs my Son, see the quality......

You will feel better buying the old woman a share if you did.......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 20:48   #115
God Member

Smile Re: 1000 Shares Issue!!!

Quote:

So this was your idea all along was it and you sold it to The DON

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 20:54   #116
God Member

Quote:
do a draw for the shirt,
Could put the shirt in a frame and hang it on the wall for 36.5 days a year each
Old 14-10-2009, 20:54   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
No its not......Come over to the REDs my Son, see the quality......
Couldn't afford to
Old 14-10-2009, 21:10   #118
God Member

Quote:

Lol i do like someone who thinks outside of the box now there's a thought, u should be the don's Google Page Ranking man

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 21:17   #119

Quote:
Everyone will have their opinion on this.....

For me, fans were desperate for a share issue when they were spending Illyas Khans money. Now it is thier money on the line, fans are negative... Bizarre!

Some will take it up, some won't!
If I was a "won't" I still wouldn't post anything negative for fear of changing someones mind who will commit £250 to the cause

Rob & David have taken some flak but have come up with step 1 in a legitimate plan for the future. ASFC must be self sufficient whether a benefator is out there or not. After all, Jack Walker passed away at Ewood & the spending slowed down.

The value for money issue is irrelevant. Nobody should be buying a share as a business deal. Its to save the club. Its to own a piece of ASFC however small. Its something to tell people over dinner parties. I am an ASFC shareholder! Briliant. It will be a weeks wage but I am in.... The value of Stanley, to me, is priceless & so I will get my 0.001% of priceless.

On Stanley On!
My Sentiments Exactly!!!!!!!!!!...Spot On!!
Old 14-10-2009, 21:37   #120
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
She won't; most likely tell you that you should know better, thing's are hard enough without wasting money on that ….that's what I got. Now I’m lying like buggery.

Going to do it anyway........
Actually proved a lot easier than I thought, Doug. Arguments deployed included:

1. "Think of it as an early Christmas present."

2. "It's a one-off...I'll never ever do it again."

3. "You spent over two hundred quid on clothes last month." (The latter did not prove a particularly promising approach and I quickly abandoned it.)

4. "If I don't and they go to the wall, you'll have to put up with me whinging on Saturday afternoons." (Many thanks to Baggy for that particular stroke of inspiration).

Result!...and, yes, I know, my share won't be worth much and I won't have any voting rights and, as a season ticket holder, my flexi-tickets will be sod all use...but, symbolically, at least, I'll have a little piece of Stanley!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 14-10-2009 at 21:39.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..