Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2009, 21:51   #121
Senior Member+

Re: 1000 Shares Issue!!!

I was interested in buying real shares but not these mickey mouse ones.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2009, 21:53   #122
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
It wouldn't matter as it is for season 09/10 only apparently
So the argument that some people have made about the season ticket holders buying a share instead of a season ticket is irrelevant. As the ones who would buy a season ticket have bought them already. So, the only way the club would lose out would be on occassional ticket buyers, in which case the share option is an advance on the ticket sales.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 21:55   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
once the club has been save you might get a chance - you never know
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 22:02   #124

Got this response to my email:

Hi Dave

Thank you for the quick response.

That is great news that you are interested.

I am currently collecting the contact details of the individuals and businesses that are interested as the club is still arranging the most practical payment methods for this campaign.

If you could please provide me with your full name and address, and when the payment methods have been sorted I will contact you with all the details about the packages on offer.

Kindest Regards

Martin Edmundson

Commercial Sales and Marketing Executive

Accrington Stanley Football Club
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 22:06   #125
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Result!...and, yes, I know, my share won't be worth much and I won't have any voting rights and, as a season ticket holder, my flexi-tickets will be sod all use...but, symbolically, at least, I'll have a little piece of Stanley!
She was having a bad afternoon in the office and had a paddy. Later on she said she was sorry, so I told her that I had gone and ordered shares this afternoon out of spite because she was being an arse….. she felt guilty and I’m in the clear . I’ll be ordering mine in the morning if someone at the club picks up the bloody phone.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 22:08   #126
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradshaw Boy View Post
Got this response to my email:

Hi Dave

Thank you for the quick response.

That is great news that you are interested.

I am currently collecting the contact details of the individuals and businesses that are interested as the club is still arranging the most practical payment methods for this campaign.

If you could please provide me with your full name and address, and when the payment methods have been sorted I will contact you with all the details about the packages on offer.

Kindest Regards

Martin Edmundson

Commercial Sales and Marketing Executive

Accrington Stanley Football Club

I will ring and if no luck I will e-mail Mr. Edmundson.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 22:34   #127

At least he got a reply another admin balls up might just keep my money, people act on impulse with these things it annoys me I've got to pester them to give them money !!!!
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 22:51   #128
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Result!...and, yes, I know, my share won't be worth much and I won't have any voting rights and, as a season ticket holder, my flexi-tickets will be sod all use...but, symbolically, at least, I'll have a little piece of Stanley!
quick idea, but if anyone who is unable to use their flexi tickets for whatever reason wants to send them to the OSC I'll try to work on a way of distributing them around some supportive local businesses. Maybe a little way of giving them something back?
Old 14-10-2009, 23:09   #129
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
So the argument that some people have made about the season ticket holders buying a share instead of a season ticket is irrelevant. As the ones who would buy a season ticket have bought them already.
Yes, it is irrelevant now. But when the point was made, I for one did not know the validity of the flexi ticket. Had it been valid for next season, I would have been tempted to buy a share instead of a season ticket.

Quote:
So, the only way the club would lose out would be on occassional ticket buyers, in which case the share option is an advance on the ticket sales.
Not really. The club would lose out because some of us cannot afford a season ticket AND a share. So it misses out on the share.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 23:25   #130
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
This so-called share issue is completely bonkers. A share of what? It appears to me that what the club is doing is selling a piece of paper, 10 tickets and a shirt for £250. All this to bail out the current incumbents? It appears to me they are trying to save their own necks, not the club.

As soon as supporters can get together and form a supporters trust with the aim of taking proper control of the club from those who are running it now the better.

That might happen if the club were to go into administration. It won't happen if those running the club now are bailed out be well-meaning supporters.

You who live in the Accrington area should contact Supporters Direct and get some proper advice. Supporters Direct is recognised by the Government and the FA... it's not a mickey mouse organisation. Also, you might like to contact David (?) Conn at The Independent, he's long been running articles about struggling football clubs and how their supporters are frequently hoodwinked by the clubs' directors. David Conn, I believe, lives in the Manchester area and if you are serious would quite likely come to talk to you - as would Supporters Direct.

Go for it if you want the club to survive. It's not too late, believe me. Exeter City was saved very much at the brink by its Supporters' Trust and received a lot of goodwill and help to achieve that.

Last edited by DevonStanley; 14-10-2009 at 23:33.
DevonStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 23:35   #131
Senior Member+

DevonStanley

I agree mate.

Nothing more than spin from Oneill and co.

We have been lied to, decieved and spun lots of open ended language - and at the end of it all, the last action of a doomed ownership is to go into more debt.

These people have failed; but so have we as fans if we do not use this opportunity to change the clubs ownership and direction.

Last edited by DAV007; 14-10-2009 at 23:43.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 06:31   #132
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
So the argument that some people have made about the season ticket holders buying a share instead of a season ticket is irrelevant. As the ones who would buy a season ticket have bought them already. So, the only way the club would lose out would be on occassional ticket buyers, in which case the share option is an advance on the ticket sales.
Not quite true. I would expect most season ticket holders would give the 10 tickets away to friends and family so they did not feel they had wasted them.
Old 15-10-2009, 06:38   #133
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

This quote from Martin Edmundson is ridiculous

Quote:

So the share offer has been arranged and the Commercial Sales and Marketing Executive does not even know how to sell the damn things to the people who want them. He is not fit to hold his job.

They should have expected many emails and phone calls from people wanting info and to buy them. They should have been prepared but he has not even decided how to take the money of people.

The club would do better run by school children.
Old 15-10-2009, 08:00   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonStanley View Post
As soon as supporters can get together and form a supporters trust with the aim of taking proper control of the club from those who are running it now the better. You who live in the Accrington area should contact Supporters Direct and get some proper advice. Supporters Direct is recognised by the Government and the FA... it's not a mickey mouse organisation.

we're on it
Old 15-10-2009, 08:32   #135
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonStanley View Post
This so-called share issue is completely bonkers. A share of what? It appears to me that what the club is doing is selling a piece of paper, 10 tickets and a shirt for £250. All this to bail out the current incumbents? It appears to me they are trying to save their own necks, not the club.
Believe me when I say I thought exactly the same ie 1000 shares at £250 + what is in the SOS fund = Dave O'Niell and fellow directors getting away scot free. Not so n'est pas, according to our CEO - the money for the taxman has already been collected ie SOS fund + £100k from directors + £50k loan from a local businessman and this will be paid shortly, in fact we await the declaration on the Official website that it has been paid and indeed Accrington Stanley live to fight another season. The share issue as I see it is to consolidate that position for the remainder of the season and the future. We live in hope!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..