Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Tretton signs for Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/tretton-signs-for-stanley-11733.html)

harwood red 04-06-2005 01:19

Re: Tretton signs for Stanley

1, Good luck to Lee whereever he may be next season (hopefully at the IES)

2, great signing for us from hereford

3, Hereford are a rip off club (did you see the prices they were charging for kids??)

4, Kipax has stated very clearly on previous threads that he was going to the preston play-off final to take his daughter as she is a PNE fan and as I have a son who supports liverpool I'd do the same for him! Does that make me a traitor to stanley?....... No stanley will always come first and I believe no I'll re-phrase that I know that Tony feels the same about stanley! feel free to respond Tony if I'm wrong in my judgement

5, End of silly talk

I thank you!

MikeA 04-06-2005 09:21

Getting back to the thread, there's still a bio of Andy Tretton on Hereford's site:
http://www.herefordunited.co.uk/tretton.htm and there's an impressive piece written about him at the beginning of last season: http://www.thisishufc.co.uk/herefordshire/hufc/sport/HEREFORD_SPORT_UNITED_PENPICS5.html. He played against us in the away fixture in March 2004 and in both league games last season but not the trophy matches. Danny did well to save his second-half header at Edgar Street in April. He's also played in the England non-league XI a number of times, including the game against the USA with JK and Ian Craney. By all accounts he's a useful signing.

zayno14 04-06-2005 17:54

time will tell. We scored more then enough last season but leaked to many in defence. This is a big step in trying to find a solution to this problem, hopefully this works out for us, fingers crossed. Good luck Andy Tretton :)

DanTheMonkey 05-06-2005 13:57

As Long As He Is Devoted To Us , Im Fine With That

Ricardo 07-06-2005 22:08

Yes, you're right Accrington are in fact a bigger club than Hereford.

Just to clear things up, seeing as History, crowd size, quality of team and size of ground are irrelevant, what criteria are we using for this judgement?

Bazf 07-06-2005 23:05

The fact we don't play in front of sheep Shag%E&s every week.

Adam Cottier 08-06-2005 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo
Yes, you're right Accrington are in fact a bigger club than Hereford.

Just to clear things up, seeing as History, crowd size, quality of team and size of ground are irrelevant, what criteria are we using for this judgement?

and you're from cloud cookoo land

JEFF 08-06-2005 08:22

Adam Cottier - I don't know who you are, but, if you are a true Stanley fan then you would know that Stanley are probably 'The biggest little Club in the world' and you wouldn't be slagging them off but defending them.

Cafu01 08-06-2005 10:51

Only through Reputation, not through money, gates, fans, income etc

JEFF 08-06-2005 11:07

Cafu01 - Are you a Stanley supporter or a mate of this Adam Cottier ?

AccyMad 08-06-2005 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF
Adam Cottier - I don't know who you are, but, if you are a true Stanley fan then you would know that Stanley are probably 'The biggest little Club in the world' and you wouldn't be slagging them off but defending them.

That's the trouble Jeff - Adam is not a Stanleyite but a self-confessed Rovers fan

simon 08-06-2005 11:45

1 Attachment(s)
Don't see Hereford's name below as a founder member of the football league.....

Cafu01 08-06-2005 12:33

So Accrington Stanley are a bigger club than Man Utd then because i dont see there name there :)

It doesnt mean your a bigger club because you where a founder member of the league

Cafu01 08-06-2005 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF
Cafu01 - Are you a Stanley supporter or a mate of this Adam Cottier ?

Jeff its not about that its fact what i have said, if you read all of the thread you might understand :)

JEFF 08-06-2005 15:26

I have read all the thread, and as far as I am concerned Accrington Stanley are the biggest and best in the world. It may not be true, but if you don't say it and believe then it will never happen. Never concede that anybody is better than you or you will never make anything of yourself. How many times in your life have you said 'he's no better than me' when the person you are talking about obviously is ?