Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Tretton signs for Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/tretton-signs-for-stanley-11733.html)

MichiganRed 03-06-2005 13:27

Tretton signs for Stanley

I'm not familiar with him. What are your thoughts on his signing?

Steph 03-06-2005 13:32

Re: Tretton signs for Stanley

I'm not familier either, sorry

John_Timmins 03-06-2005 13:48

nope but hopefully he will replace hacker or jonny smith probably on bench unless flynn leaves?

Steph 03-06-2005 13:54

You never know...........

sparkie 03-06-2005 14:30

Andy Tretton has played against us possibly 4 times in the past two seasons, twice for shrewsbury, and twice for Hereford last season as far as i can tell.

His credentials at this level are proven and he won't be here just to make up the numbers, plus his previous experience in the football league with shrewsbury will stand him in good stead.

I've seen him play and he looks to me to be a very good signing, of course it all depends how he settles to life at the club. He's a tall lad (not johnny smith tall but few people are!!) and he appears to be a calm player who doesn't mind the ball at his feet.

This could be one of the more astute signings Mr Coleman has made for the club.

Steph 03-06-2005 14:34

so it depends on whether he can fit in with the rest of the team and get settled in to the routine

HOOHAA 03-06-2005 15:14

Tretts is a quality player believe me and would probably walk into most Conference defences. He has been released because he is a first team player but unfortunately will be third choice for us this year and is probably unprepared to sit on the bench. You have signed a very good player!

Steph 03-06-2005 15:33

so you think he was a good signing then

Smiffy16 03-06-2005 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOOHAA
Tretts is a quality player believe me and would probably walk into most Conference defences.

You have signed a very good player!

Quote:

so you think he was a good signing then
hhhhmmmm :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KIPAX 03-06-2005 16:09

He may regret signing when he sees the away strip is blue...........

Steph 03-06-2005 16:13

well to be honest with you i dont know aout him so i only wanted to ask about him

Adam Cottier 03-06-2005 16:29

credit to JC. an excellent signing. exactly what was needed and a measure of how far the club has come on IMO given he has left a 'bigger' conference club to sign for Stanley. Their fans will be gutted.

KIPAX 03-06-2005 16:40

Why are you saying they are a bigger club Adam ?

Adam Cottier 03-06-2005 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIPAX
Why are you saying they are a bigger club Adam ?

well they are

Cafu01 03-06-2005 17:44

I agree with Adam that Hereford are a bigger club than us

Smiffy16 03-06-2005 17:48

Quote:

who are? i have lost it
Are you serious??? READ!!

We'll match Hereford for everything this coming season, everything bar numbers of following......and that can be improved at our end.

Andy Tretton certainly looks in the potential to be a very very good signing by the club. He will offer very stiff competition to Flynny and Rocky. The Hereford fans on their forum seem generally gutted about losing 'Tretts' and they all seem to be bemused that he's joining a mid-table club.....which is true but we wont be this season.

Overall a very decent signing by Coley still got plenty of year left in him at 28, could prove to be a long term replacement for Flynny??

Steph 03-06-2005 17:56

thankyou i needed that lol

KIPAX 03-06-2005 18:00

ASFC have been improving EVERY season for the last what..6 ? and are on the way up.. hereford have come down the league..

So adam and your new mate fearon.. just exactly how are hereford a bigger club?

Adam Cottier 03-06-2005 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiffy16

We'll match Hereford for everything this coming season, everything bar numbers of following......and that can be improved at our end.

Andy Tretton certainly looks in the potential to be a very very good signing by the club. He will offer very stiff competition to Flynny and Rocky. The Hereford fans on their forum seem generally gutted about losing 'Tretts' and they all seem to be bemused that he's joining a mid-table club.....which is true but we wont be this season.

lets not get too carried away. Lee Mac will be very hard to replace. Yes Tretton is an excellent signing but Coley still has work to do to make Stanley contenders next season. There is excellent foundations but all this talk of Stanley being world beaters next season is way off the mark at the moment. You have to put things into perspective.

Hereford are a bigger side in almost every way you look at it. That is not opinion it is pure fact.

Smiffy16 03-06-2005 18:07

Just because they finished 2nd doesn't mean they are a 'bigger' club. Yes they have finished in very respectable positions in the past 2 seasons but at the end of the day they are in the same league as us, weve been there 2 seasons and I dont know how long they have been here for, we can only improve (this season will show) and Hereford have had enough time in this league to 'improve' and adapt to Conference standards, level etc.

The only way you can call them a 'bigger' club is if you look at their fanbase, they do have more than us yes, and another is the capacity of their stadium, IMO i would choose the IES over Edgar Street any day, and I'm sure supporters who have visited Edgar Street and the IES would choose ours....

Smiffy16 03-06-2005 18:11

Quote:

lets not get too carried away. Lee Mac will be very hard to replace.
Hasn't gone yet mate, we'll worry about that if it happens.....

How many points did Hereford take off us this season someone remind me?

What league are Hereford in this coming season someone remind me?

You know as well as I do Cottier that we have the potential to be a very very good side this season, with 2 full season of the Conference behind us I feel we can only improve and I feel that we will improve a lot this season due to 'experience' didnt say we was going to be world beaters just that we'll dramatically improve this coming season.

KIPAX 03-06-2005 18:11

adam forget stanley.. you have slagged them off enough for one day..

hereford.. why are you saying they are a bigger club... your only answer so far is because its fact ? whats fact?.. why is a club on its way down the leagues a bigger club than one on its way up.. why is hereford bigger.. either explain yourself or stop putting stanley down by saying we are smaller than a team in a poor state..

Adam Cottier 03-06-2005 18:13

Quote:

adam forget stanley.. you have slagged them off enough for one day..

hereford.. why are you saying they are a bigger club... your only answer so far is because its fact ? whats fact?.. why is a club on its way down the leagues a bigger club than one on its way up.. why is hereford bigger.. either explain yourself or stop putting stanley down by saying we are smaller than a team in a poor state..

are you thick? someone back me up here and how exactly am I slagging off Stanley? when exactly did I ever say Stanley were in a poor state.

In the same way that Chelsea are a bigger team than Accrington Stanley.....

Herford have...

...more money
...more fans
...a bigger ground
...a bigger income
...more season ticket sales
...more staff
...its a bigger town
...they are ex-league
...they finished 8 places above Stanley last 2 seasons

These are the facts and don't slag me off because I am not fond of Hereford at all.

KIPAX 03-06-2005 18:19

your the one saying stanley is a smaller club than hereford and how we aint gonna do much next eason... i aint the one spouting how hereford is such a big club then NOT backing it up :)

KIPAX 03-06-2005 18:19

ooer then he edits his post

Adam Cottier 03-06-2005 18:20

I have not said that at all. You would make an excellent tabloid journalist, Twisting peoples words.

KIPAX 03-06-2005 18:21

hereford are ex league... they are coming DOWNWARDS over the last 6 seasons while stanley are going UPWARDS

you can tell us all how great they are all you want.. but i would rather be a stanley fan than a hereford fan nexts eason.. even there players choose stanley over them..

but heres adam cottier telling us all how we are going to do nothing next season and how big hereford is...

Adam Cottier 03-06-2005 18:23

You asked me to back my points up so I did. How exactlly are Hereford going downwards?

Cafu01 03-06-2005 18:28

Just because someone says they are a bigger club it doesnt mean we are saying they are a "better" club in terms of team.......
Look at Sheffield Wednesday last season, they are a miles bigger club than Crewe but yet where in a league lower than them.

More money, more fans, bigger stadium, bigger town etc etc. it doesnt mean that Stanley are not as god as Hereford it is just saying that we are a smaller club than them, which we are

KIPAX 03-06-2005 18:29

Quote:

How exactlly are Hereford going downwards?
we have come up through the leagues to the conference..

Hereford got here from the league..

find an adult nearby and ask them to explain it to you :)

KIPAX 03-06-2005 18:31

fearon... get off adams lap for 5 minutes... read what he said about stanleys chances next season.. also I never said they arnt a bigger club did i ???????????? i merely wanted to know why adam was so adamant they where...

you dont have to jump up his backside everytime he drops himself init you know..

Cafu01 03-06-2005 18:35

I was just stating that Hereford are a bigger club, whoever said that i would have agreed with them because its true.
You where asking "how are they a bigger club", so i was explaining how they ARE bigger club.

And when do i usually agree with Adam?

Smiffy16 03-06-2005 18:35

Quote:

...more money
...more fans
...a bigger ground
...a bigger income
...more season ticket sales
...more staff
...its a bigger town
...they are ex-league
...they finished 8 places above Stanley last 2 seasons
More money- IMO we will match them for money
More fans- yes they have BUT there arent many teams in Wales so they have to support someone!
Bigger ground- Yes they have but its a ****hole and smells of urine AND is falling down *cue the song*
Bigger income- No around same
More season tickets sales- see more fans
Bigger town- yes but doesnt make Hereford a bigger/better football club
Ex-league- snap
8 places above Stanley- Yes they have we have had 2 season in the Conference though we can only improve as I have said before BUT at the end of the day they havent took many points off us last season and they are still in the same league as us, because they havent shown the quality to get promoted at the time when it mattered the most.

:)

Adam Cottier 03-06-2005 18:35

Here is my final word on this

Hereford are a bigger club - fact. By my own experiences Stanley are a better club by a million miles- opinion. Why do I need to say this when its obvious to all intelligent people

Cafu01 03-06-2005 18:39

We do not get the same income as Hereford, look at the gate recietps alone!!!

KIPAX 03-06-2005 18:40

your final word.... can we have money on that..

fearon you have let the whole online community down ... AGAIN ... by siding with adam,... you should go stand in a corner with kev.... oh and steph :)

Cafu01 03-06-2005 18:40

Quote:

Wasnt saying they where "better", just saying they are a bigger club which they are

Cafu01 03-06-2005 18:43

Quote:

your final word.... can we have money on that..

fearon you have let the whole online community down ... AGAIN ... by siding with adam,... you should go stand in a corner with kev.... oh and steph :)

I have let the online community down because i have said that Hereford are a bigger club (yes, read what it says bigger NOT better, you must be having trouble seeing that point).
But your always right so it must be me who is wrong :)

Smiffy16 03-06-2005 18:45

Quote:

Wasnt saying they where "better", just saying they are a bigger club which they are
Well then that surely means that Cottier was contradicting himself in his post as he referred to league positions in his explanation of how Hereford are a 'BIGGER' club...

I see Welsh people....

Cafu01 03-06-2005 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiffy16
More money- IMO we will match them for money
More fans- yes they have BUT there arent many teams in Wales so they have to support someone!
Bigger ground- Yes they have but its a ****hole and smells of urine AND is falling down *cue the song*
Bigger income- No around same
More season tickets sales- see more fans
Ex-league- snap
8 places above Stanley- Yes they have we have had 2 season in the Conference though we can only improve as I have said before BUT at the end of the day they havent took many points off us last season and they are still in the same league as us, because they havent shown the quality to get promoted at the time when it mattered the most.

:)

More money - yes they do have more money, or maybe we could compete with them just
More fans - YES, and there is no buts its simple
Bigger ground - no buts its simple
Bigger income - no chance look at the money they get from season tickets and walk-ons.

Cafu01 03-06-2005 18:48

Was he not reffering to league position when Kipax was saying they are on thier way down the footballing ladder

Smiffy16 03-06-2005 18:50

Didn't say the did not have more fans or bigger stadium :) Dont think they have more money either.....

Maybe more income due to gate receipts

Smiffy16 03-06-2005 18:51

Quote:

Was he not reffering to league position when Kipax was saying they are on thier way down the footballing ladder
No, Cottier said the last two seasons....Kipax stated league's

Cafu01 03-06-2005 18:53

So explain how Stanley are a bigger club than Hereford then if Hereford are not a bigger club than Stanley :)
Lets see what points you come up with?

KIPAX 03-06-2005 19:32

look adam and fearon.. why dont you go buy a big welsh sheep between you and knit a hereford scarf. your like a couple of big girls.

Cafu01 03-06-2005 19:34

I dont even like Hereford mate

Adam Cottier 03-06-2005 19:51

Hey Kipax I never knew this but apparently your a closet North End fan so why don't you knit yourself a PNE scarf and cry into it. Surely you must still be devestated after Monday's mauling

zayno14 03-06-2005 19:56

hereford are bigger....
stanley are better....
tretton is a quality coup....
we are going up next season wth or without lee..........

;)

KIPAX 03-06-2005 19:56

You still dont know it.. Its my daughter who is a preston fan and your now on very rocky ground. You dont really want to be bringing my family into a petty argument. I would step BACK accross that line if I was you.. Whoever wound you up with that one did you no favours.... OK ? :)

Adam Cottier 03-06-2005 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by zayno14
hereford are bigger....
stanley are better....
tretton is a quality coup....
we are going up next season wth or without lee..........

;)

this is the most intelligent post on this thread

Cafu01 03-06-2005 19:59

Good post Zayno, exactly what i think

Adam Cottier 03-06-2005 20:00

Quote:

You still dont know it.. Its my daughter who is a preston fan and your now on very rocky ground. You dont really want to be bringing my family into a petty argument. I would step BACK accross that line if I was you.. Whoever wound you up with that one did you no favours.... OK ? :)

Only five years as a Stanley fan I have been informed. Oh dear, at least I am open about being a LIFELONG Rovers fan and I'm prepared to take some flak for it.

Did you or did you not join the tear parade in Cardiff on Monday Tony?

KIPAX 03-06-2005 20:08

as we are not allowed to have this convo here then we will have it elsewhere adam.. where you can feel free to call me a liar to my face.....

Adam Cottier 03-06-2005 20:14

If PNE were playing in the playoff final on the same day as Stanley were playing the Conf play-off final which game would you attend?

Smiffy16 03-06-2005 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Cottier
If PNE were playing in the playoff final on the same day as Stanley were playing the Conf play-off final which game would you attend?

Are you serious Cotty?!

Whatsup with you man?

KIPAX 03-06-2005 20:18

may as well remove this as he cant reply?

Roy 03-06-2005 20:24

ok people, enough is enough. The thread is about a new signing not about who supports who and who is bigger than who.. Please continue arguments in the chat room if need be.

Adam Cottier 03-06-2005 20:36

hahahahahaha oh dear the children have been banned from passing comment

zayno14 03-06-2005 20:39

ye well said roy..come on folks!! thanks cotty and fearon. So, does anybody have any ideas who the new striker and left back coley wants may be? Or are your guesses as good as mine...http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...cons/icon5.gif I am now resigned to losing lee so the money gained should all result is a good transfer kitty for coley. Hopefully we sign established and experienced players who will help with out promotion push but then again as we have seen with procky, butler and alcock, youth can always be good.

big al 03-06-2005 22:45

He has probably joined us cos we are further away from Wales than Hereford!
As for Lee joining Wrexham-he has more chance of getting a weekly pay packet at the IES from uncle Eric than a team with no funds. If he does his sums he will still be at Stanley to help us become Conf Champs this season & then enjoy the benefits of league footie!

harwood red 04-06-2005 01:19

1, Good luck to Lee whereever he may be next season (hopefully at the IES)

2, great signing for us from hereford

3, Hereford are a rip off club (did you see the prices they were charging for kids??)

4, Kipax has stated very clearly on previous threads that he was going to the preston play-off final to take his daughter as she is a PNE fan and as I have a son who supports liverpool I'd do the same for him! Does that make me a traitor to stanley?....... No stanley will always come first and I believe no I'll re-phrase that I know that Tony feels the same about stanley! feel free to respond Tony if I'm wrong in my judgement

5, End of silly talk

I thank you!

MikeA 04-06-2005 09:21

Getting back to the thread, there's still a bio of Andy Tretton on Hereford's site:
http://www.herefordunited.co.uk/tretton.htm and there's an impressive piece written about him at the beginning of last season: http://www.thisishufc.co.uk/herefordshire/hufc/sport/HEREFORD_SPORT_UNITED_PENPICS5.html. He played against us in the away fixture in March 2004 and in both league games last season but not the trophy matches. Danny did well to save his second-half header at Edgar Street in April. He's also played in the England non-league XI a number of times, including the game against the USA with JK and Ian Craney. By all accounts he's a useful signing.

zayno14 04-06-2005 17:54

time will tell. We scored more then enough last season but leaked to many in defence. This is a big step in trying to find a solution to this problem, hopefully this works out for us, fingers crossed. Good luck Andy Tretton :)

DanTheMonkey 05-06-2005 13:57

As Long As He Is Devoted To Us , Im Fine With That

Ricardo 07-06-2005 22:08

Yes, you're right Accrington are in fact a bigger club than Hereford.

Just to clear things up, seeing as History, crowd size, quality of team and size of ground are irrelevant, what criteria are we using for this judgement?

Bazf 07-06-2005 23:05

The fact we don't play in front of sheep Shag%E&s every week.

Adam Cottier 08-06-2005 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo
Yes, you're right Accrington are in fact a bigger club than Hereford.

Just to clear things up, seeing as History, crowd size, quality of team and size of ground are irrelevant, what criteria are we using for this judgement?

and you're from cloud cookoo land

JEFF 08-06-2005 08:22

Adam Cottier - I don't know who you are, but, if you are a true Stanley fan then you would know that Stanley are probably 'The biggest little Club in the world' and you wouldn't be slagging them off but defending them.

Cafu01 08-06-2005 10:51

Only through Reputation, not through money, gates, fans, income etc

JEFF 08-06-2005 11:07

Cafu01 - Are you a Stanley supporter or a mate of this Adam Cottier ?

AccyMad 08-06-2005 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF
Adam Cottier - I don't know who you are, but, if you are a true Stanley fan then you would know that Stanley are probably 'The biggest little Club in the world' and you wouldn't be slagging them off but defending them.

That's the trouble Jeff - Adam is not a Stanleyite but a self-confessed Rovers fan

simon 08-06-2005 11:45

1 Attachment(s)
Don't see Hereford's name below as a founder member of the football league.....

Cafu01 08-06-2005 12:33

So Accrington Stanley are a bigger club than Man Utd then because i dont see there name there :)

It doesnt mean your a bigger club because you where a founder member of the league

Cafu01 08-06-2005 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF
Cafu01 - Are you a Stanley supporter or a mate of this Adam Cottier ?

Jeff its not about that its fact what i have said, if you read all of the thread you might understand :)

JEFF 08-06-2005 15:26

I have read all the thread, and as far as I am concerned Accrington Stanley are the biggest and best in the world. It may not be true, but if you don't say it and believe then it will never happen. Never concede that anybody is better than you or you will never make anything of yourself. How many times in your life have you said 'he's no better than me' when the person you are talking about obviously is ?

staggeringman 20-06-2005 00:52

sorry lads dont know you all from jack ****! you are all badmouthing the supposed club you support! Why? read back through your threads and posts, you are all supposed to be stanley thats right STANLEY ! get your asses together and cheer who ever they bring in! from hereford china or timbucktoo, whats the matter did you expect instant promotion , or happy to stop[ in the league, the more support and backing they get the better!

DrBull 23-06-2005 00:12

nice club, good fans, good siging from us, tretts will do good for you this season you will see, but j'sus to make out hereford is s'ite while accrington is glamorous, please...... e.g. http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.p...rticle&sid=396 :0

DrBull 23-06-2005 00:16

i just thought, you think you are the 'biggest little club' which is fine, but proove it by been the biggest little supporters (like you have done at edgar street etc) rather than been tards, well i guess every club has idiots. i, for one, thought your support at ES was impressive, dont let the doubters in your 'home supporters' ruin your ethos... conga on stanley :)