Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Matt Glennon (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/matt-glennon-11907.html)

RossendaleRed 08-06-2005 14:30

Matt Glennon

Does anyone think this guy could be heading our way to solve our goalkeeping problems. I believe he has left Carlisle United after refusing a new contract. Apparently he has a good reputation....

sparkie 08-06-2005 14:59

Re: Matt Glennon

Unfortunately Mr Coleman appears to have a problem with gaolkeepers and reputations!!!

Last year preseason he turned away more goalkeepers than you can shake a stick at, including two who happened to finish as the best two keepers in the league in Craig Mawson and Scott Tynan, apparently these two were good enough number 1's for hereford and Barnet respectively, but not for Stanley in Mr Colemans eyes.

And then he added insult to injury by signing Paul Crichton a man with a different kind of reputation, (York and Soccer AM's Blooper reel!!!) who in Mr Colemans eyes was the best thing since sliced bread, sadly for the rest of us he was merely a money grabbing crusty (l)oaf prone to flakeyness!!!!

If Matt Glennon has indeed been released by Carlisle then I think he's worth having a look at Carlisle didn't concede too many last year and Matt Glennon appeared to have a huge hand in that (no pun intended!) However all this remains to be seen and may depend on who else Mr Coleman is in the hunt for.

DanTheMonkey 09-06-2005 09:40

Stupid If You Ask Me !!

Bazf 10-06-2005 02:25

CARLISLE keeper Matty Glennon, 26, is joining Bristol Rovers after refusing to take a 40 per cent pay cut.

RossendaleRed 10-06-2005 07:00

Oh well..... thanks for the info baz f, i heard he may be going to Swindon.

I wonder if Mr Coleman is going to use Danny Alcock as his number 1 and bring in a younger keeper as cover, or will he purchase a more experienced keeper and use Danny as he did last season?? Mr Coleman has some serious thinking to do.

qualtrough 10-06-2005 08:42

I think the cunning plan re 'keepers is to check out the best that Chelsea,Man U etc have available, give them trials at the IES during July and discover they are all useless/not good enough for Frickley. Then, completely forget about 'keepers till the day before the new season begins when a frantic 'phone call and rapid negotiations secure the services of one Jon Kennedy for the forthcoming matches. Unfortunately, Jon is likely to be injured in the first few games and the unused Danny A. has left for pastures new. We borrow Harwood's keeper in return for their using the IES and ship goals like they're going out of fashion or Forest Green. How about that , Baldrick!

AccyMad 10-06-2005 09:20

Why do I have this nightmare thought in my head that we won't sign a keeper, it'll be the day before the start of the season and - I can hardly bring myself to say it - Crichton comes back!!

smudgie 10-06-2005 09:24

i cant understand why he got of rid of JK? unless he has sum1 in the pipeline???

sparkie 10-06-2005 10:11

Mr Coleman comments in the observer this morning that he was hoping to secure the services of 1 Craig Dootson who we tried to sign last year, but who now has joined Bury so it appears it is back to the drawing board for Mr Coleman.

KIPAX 10-06-2005 10:17

I know its the silly season but I find all this a lttle sick.. Knocking/attacking Coley for what you THINK - MIGHT happen :(

AccyMad 10-06-2005 10:21

I hope I'm wrong - just can't help remembering a similar scenario last season that's all

sparkie 10-06-2005 14:02

Kipax I'm not getting into yet another of your arguments on this web site.

the question was asked about matt glennon the question has subsequently been answered for all to see. last seasons farsical procession of keepers in and out preseason has got us all worried and Craig Dootson was mentioned in the paper by coley himself.

And before you point out that papers are an unreliable resource . . .WE KNOW!!!! We've been reading them for years!!!

I'm not knocking coley for what i think might happen, but what did happen and may well happen again this season . If it doesn't then more's the good and better for the team.

KIPAX 10-06-2005 17:43

Quote:

I'm not knocking coley for what i think might happen, but what did happen and may well happen again this season
eeeerm isnt that what I said.. you just said you are knocking him for what may well happen this season.. whats the difference between what may well happen and what you think might happen... seems like the same thing to me...but if it's diferent then i am happy to be corrected :)

zayno14 10-06-2005 19:18

i hope danny gts the number one jersey. Need to sign cover and we also have fearonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.......

big al 10-06-2005 23:11

JK has nothing in the pipeline so far & told me he is waiting for offers. Maybe he could receive a better return welcome than the man from Norwich???? Then again Roy Carroll is on the dole at present!