Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   the vics are going down (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-vics-are-going-down-12042.html)

matt.l 12-06-2005 19:31

the vics are going down

just been on the bbc sport website and the latest is that northwich are going in to the conference north have a look at the link.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...nf/4085130.stm

Smiffy16 12-06-2005 20:22

Re: the vics are going down

It's a real farce that is, I wanted Vics to stay up because they are a local side.

And why relegate them with a team from Conference North?? Surely that will backfire becasue if Vics win the league then will they be allowed back in?? No

FGR dont deserve to be in the conference they have survived relegation 2 times on the bounce, absolute disgrace!

harwood red 12-06-2005 21:25

Really bad news as far as I can see. It's the players/fans I really feel sorry for as they battled back from almost certain relegation!!!

simon 12-06-2005 21:47

Really SAD news, not only do we have to travel a lot further but the Vics deserved to stay up. I paid keen attention to there results and was chuffed for them because despite 10pts being deducted(which the exeter cheats did not get) they battled and played there way up.......
And when we played them they did not look like relagation material....

This makes a mockery of league !!! One rule for One..........One rule for Another...... SAD :(

harwood red 12-06-2005 21:51

Don't know about you simon but I was endeared to the vics when we drew there and we were chanting "going down, going down, going down!" and they replied "So are we, so are we, so are we" it had us all pi**ing ourselves laughing

Adam Cottier 12-06-2005 23:01

i bet their ground is up to standard. It will be some petty thing that the Conference didn't like. This whole scenario is a joke and I feel bitterly sorry for Northwich. I really hope they can bounce back up but it's unlikely. They have been sent to their graveyard.

WOT ABOUT FOREST GREEN'S SLOPING PITCH FFS!!!!! That breaks Sunday League regulations!!!

MikeA 13-06-2005 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Cottier
i bet their ground is up to standard.

It is, but that's not why they're going down. What I can't understand is, if they apparently fulfil the criteria for playing in Conference North, what's the difference between that and playing in the Conference itself?

And, yes, I feel very sorry for their fans and players. The 'So are we!' was a classic.

Outback Ozzy 13-06-2005 10:13

In answer to your question Adam, The vics are going down because the current team do not have a home to play at. Sounds farcical I know, but the ground is owned by Northwich Victoria (in administration) and has not been passed over to the new club. I personally think they have been very hard done to by a Conference Committee who did not pass on the correct information, and I believe the current owner of Northwich Victoria (2004) is suing the Conference for a cool quarter of a mil for losses due to relegation. In reality they should have gone down to Unibond at least like Telford, however, again, it is one rule for one club and one for another. Simon I have read that Exeter are in financial trouble again. So maybe cheats do not prosper.

John_Timmins 13-06-2005 20:02

absolute discrace and i for one wish the vics all the best in the futurebut i think this once again shows the north/south divide that is present in footballs authorities with many southern clubs getting smaller punishments than northern clubs for the same act.... discraceful

maidstoneaccy 13-06-2005 21:16

i dont do politics but all i can say is that its one more match i can go to, shame youve got to travle a bit further but you can get to see all the home games

AccyMad 14-06-2005 09:19

Northwich certainly don't deserve this - to battle as they did and then get relegated anyway on a technicality, they must be absolutely gutted.

John_Timmins 14-06-2005 14:21

its says on the BBC site that the vics applied for voluntry relegation to the conference north!!!!

qualtrough 14-06-2005 14:26

Undeserved relegation for Northwich certainly. Nevertheless, Forest Green took four points off us last season and it could easily have been six. They were the better team in our home fixture against them. We always get nowt at their place. Unless Coley's got a non Baldrick-like cunning plan expect three points off them next season at best!

DanTheMonkey 15-06-2005 20:53

Volunteered To Be Relegated ?!?!? Well, Bit Stupid If You Ask Me