Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Great Harwood Town FC (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/great-harwood-town-fc-12437.html)

KIPAX 22-06-2005 21:14

Great Harwood Town FC

Are they going to be ground sharing with us next season...All season..

Robbie 22-06-2005 21:30

Re: Great Harwood Town FC

From what we have been told at skem, they are due to play all their games at Accy next season.. A fantastic gesture to a local club fallen on bad times..

KIPAX 22-06-2005 21:43

With all the problems they had last season on and off the pitch they where lucky to survive. I can't find much info on the web. The Harwood website seems to suggest that some issues are yet to be resolved
http://www.greatharwoodtown.non-league.org/MainPage.htm

As the newly formed FCUM are in the same league then I have my fingers crossed for an early Harwood home game against them for a bumper pay day that will go a long way to helping the clubs future.. I guess all the NWCL teams will have the same thought :)

rob 23-06-2005 08:18

great harwood will be playing all their home fixtures at the interlink express stadium next season due to the fact that their own ground is still some way off being ready to stage matches again following the fire there last season.

rob

JEFF 23-06-2005 08:56

Looks like there are going to be a lot of matches at IES next season. Let's hope the pitch is up to it, does anyone know if we still have a groundsman ? I have been told that Jim Shaw has not been seen for four or five weeks.

KIPAX 23-06-2005 10:43

As our reserves used to play at Harwood and still did to the end of last season. (but I have seen complaints re lack of changing rooms) Where will they play this season?

I presume Accy fixtures come first of course.. But what about as allways happens.. we have to re arrange many fixtures due to cup runs ect...can we then move harwood fixtures to better accomodate us mid season or only when the fixtures are out..

Talking of fixtures.. If the NWCL fixtures are out before ours then how does that work in our favour?

Are there any Great Harwood fans on this MB?

Smiffy16 23-06-2005 12:41

Quote:

Looks like there are going to be a lot of matches at IES next season. Let's hope the pitch is up to it, does anyone know if we still have a groundsman ? I have been told that Jim Shaw has not been seen for four or five weeks
Jim Shaw hasn't been the groundsman for over 6/7 months now, its Anthony Mallon

AccyMad 23-06-2005 12:48

Thought Anthony was the kit man? Or does he do both jobs

Wynonie Harris 23-06-2005 14:30

Are Burnley Reserves also using the IES for home games next season?

rob 23-06-2005 15:05

burnley aren't using our stadium for reserve matches next season, and while a venue for our reserves has yet to be confirmed it is unlikely that it will be the interlink express stadium.

as far as fixtures go, our use of the stadium will always take priority over great harwood's requirements, although we don't expect to encounter any problems.

rob

JEFF 23-06-2005 16:09

[QUOTE]Jim Shaw hasn't been the groundsman for over 6/7 months now, its Anthony Mallon[/QUOTE
I thought Anthony was Jim's apprentice, but obviously I'm wrong. Is Anthony experienced enough to be THE groundsman, he's a bit young isn't he to know all there is to know about keeping the pitch in top class condition. Perhaps Rob can tell us who the groundsman is, and what happened to Jim Shaw.

KIPAX 23-06-2005 16:45

I thought anthony was the kit man...

Adam Cottier 23-06-2005 17:29

Never doubt youthful talent!!!!

KIPAX 23-06-2005 17:59

no one is doubting him..

Smiffy16 23-06-2005 22:48

Anthony is the kitman and head groundsman and Big Ste is his assistant,

Anthony has been doing the pitch full time since around February.....