Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2006, 11:22   #1
Senior Member+

150 Away Fans!?

We used totake that in the Unibond................

What is going wrong? Its not like Lincoln or Stockport is far? Very very puzzling............

However, on a positive note, those that went saw a very quiet set of fans & 20 or so singers outsinging them from start to finish.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2006, 11:59   #2

Re: 150 Away Fans!?

To be fair, both these games were on weekdays. We certainly would have brought a lot more had they been on Saturdays.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:46   #3
God Member

its not very puzzling its the economics of accrington .theres a lot of companys that pay mininum wage or near so everybodys on a tight budget in the last 5-6 years wage increases in hynburn have been static at accrington stanley and other clubs admission fees have increased about 74% we have just reached the league at the wrong time if we reached the league about 1991 we would have at least an extra 1500 on the home gate cause average prices were only about £6.00 so the reason is greedy tv companys, greedy football assco that couldnt even organize to build a staduim, greedy agents ,greedy footballers with overgrown egos,football started as na upper and middle class sport and now they have reclaimed it back. this is only some of the reasons
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 14:18   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley
its not very puzzling its the economics of accrington .theres a lot of companys that pay mininum wage or near so everybodys on a tight budget in the last 5-6 years wage increases in hynburn have been static at accrington stanley and other clubs admission fees have increased about 74% we have just reached the league at the wrong time if we reached the league about 1991 we would have at least an extra 1500 on the home gate cause average prices were only about £6.00 so the reason is greedy tv companys, greedy football assco that couldnt even organize to build a staduim, greedy agents ,greedy footballers with overgrown egos,football started as na upper and middle class sport and now they have reclaimed it back. this is only some of the reasons
What a load of tripe, we took around 800 to Chester/ If the Lincoln match had been on Saturday, we'd have taken a lot more, trust me

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 14:21   #5

We'd have took over 1000 to Stockport for a Saturday game IMHO
Old 02-09-2006, 14:22   #6
God Member

There's something in what cmon stanley says though Diesel, yea course we'd have taken more on a Saturday but higher admission prices to grounds in this league do make a difference as to whether people can afford to go to as many away games
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 15:08   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk
We'd have took over 1000 to Stockport for a Saturday game IMHO
Not so sure, on a day like this, with no roof

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 15:24   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy
Not so sure, on a day like this, with no roof
Totally agree.....

Look outside now and tell me how many people would be stood on open terraces ???????????????
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 15:25   #9

Do you think the Main Stand would mind if we borrowed their roof? Maybe we could shareit. 1 half each?
Old 02-09-2006, 17:08   #10

i was at all the away matches apart from Lincoln,,,why? I was working friday...the game was scheduled Friday because Engerland are playing today ( huh ? ).. i couldnt get to Lincoln cos I finished too late....the reason for low crowds is, lets face it. most people aint interested enough to pay theire money and stand/ sit in the ground watching a real match. rather be associated with a "quality brand " like Utd or Liverpool..hey you I support these...never seen em but I watch every match on telly and wear a shirt.....class....but thats what happens.

world turned upside down

If you spin the Windows Vista CD backwards you can hear satanic messages. Worse is if you spin it forward, it installs Vista on your computer.
No.9 Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 18:19   #11
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I went on the FE coach and it was embarassing as there was only 20 of us. I only managed to go because I finished early at work but it was annoying that the coach set off at 3pm and we arrived at 6.10pm, even allowing for a few Tom Tom detours, it took 2 hours 10 mins to get back so why set off so early? I know more would have travelled if it had set off later.

As Jase said 20 or so accy fans outsung 4900 Lincoln, i've still got a sore throat from making ourselves heard.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 02-09-2006 at 19:41.
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 18:24   #12

I drove and left at 3 and got there just before 6 (due to traffic), but i would not have wanted to leave it much later. IMO we would have took more on a sat, not matter what time the coach left. Also what do you mean tom tom detours, what is wrong with using a map and/or following your nose, it works for me and it has never let me down yet.
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 19:43   #13
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishton
I drove and left at 3 and got there just before 6 (due to traffic), but i would not have wanted to leave it much later. IMO we would have took more on a sat, not matter what time the coach left. Also what do you mean tom tom detours, what is wrong with using a map and/or following your nose, it works for me and it has never let me down yet.
I've no doubt more would have gone if it had been on a Saturday, I'm not a fan of Friday night games.
The Tom Tom detours was my little joke as the coach driver seemed to get lost at one stage.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 21:34   #14
God Member

[quote=Diesel]What a load of tripe, we took around 800 to Chester/ If the Lincoln match had been on Saturday, we'd have taken a lot more, trust me[/
so go on everybody..all those who couldnt afford to go on friday night are all liars cause its just all your imagination cause diesel says its all tripe whens he going to get in the real world people have to budget and will only go to certain games their budget will allow or are you offering to pay for them and thanks for the negative karma
Old 02-09-2006, 21:36   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
We used totake that in the Unibond................

What is going wrong? Its not like Lincoln or Stockport is far? Very very puzzling............

However, on a positive note, those that went saw a very quiet set of fans & 20 or so singers outsinging them from start to finish.
and they wre unibond prices

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..