Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2014, 08:15   #1

£20 for a match

I can't believe nobody's picked up on this from the fishy site. Walk on match tickets have gone up to £20. It makes a season ticket a much more interesting proposition.

Last edited by Local Red; 10-07-2014 at 08:16. Reason: spelling mistake
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2014, 08:46   #2
Senior Member+

Re: £20 for a match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Red View Post
I can't believe nobody's picked up on this from the fishy site. Walk on match tickets have gone up to £20. It makes a season ticket a much more interesting proposition.
But they have - see the ST1000 thread ...
Old 10-07-2014, 09:16   #3

Fairy nuff. Missed that, cheers.
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 13:54   #4
Senior Member+

Bit of a disgrace really. Can see sub 1000 attendances this season, especially if we start to struggle.

The excuse is "we need to keep in line with other League 2 clubs" . The problem is We cant!!!

Our facilities are a joke compared to other clubs in the division.

Not a good move. AT ALL.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 14:07   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats about the daftest response yet, its about survival nowt else. of coarse some would prefer us to be back in non league.
Old 13-07-2014, 17:10   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Bit of a disgrace really. Can see sub 1000 attendances this season, especially if we start to struggle.

The excuse is "we need to keep in line with other League 2 clubs" . The problem is We cant!!!

Our facilities are a joke compared to other clubs in the division.

Not a good move. AT ALL.
What would you charge come on we know that the gates are always the die hards, if where at the top end people come stop looking at the negatives.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 17:43   #7

Stanley have gone from the cheapest match day tickets to one of the most expensive especially since there is no discount for buying in advance. Of the League two clubs with terrace most are £15 or £16 if bought in advance. Of those with seats only Shrewsbury are dearer at £23 unless you have a membership card and then it is £20. Portsmouth don't have the prices up yet that I can see so they may be more but given the huge level of season tickets they have sold it may not be.

These are based on the cheapest ticket's available for an adult and usually include discount for advance purchase.

The value of a season ticket at Stanley is such that if you are going to most games it is a must but the game by game goers may be affected especially away fans in bad weather who may well give it a miss. this could also affect non stanley fans looking for a game to go to. It may have been better to consider advance discounts but these come with a cost.

It is pointless arguing that the gates are always diehards as it is plain to see this is not the case and ways to attract other people should be considered or what is the point of playing on a friday.

As stated on the other thread, this has affected the amount of games I will go to and not because I feel any less about Stanley or as a huff against the increase but because of basic economics. My pay seems to be the only thing not increasing by more than 1%.

I had already decided to go to more away games as some are easier to get to -Carlisle for example or suit me visiting family - Cambridge, Luton and Stevenage and after checking the prices it isn't as bad as I thought for tickets there.
SamF likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 20:01   #8

I understand why prices have been raised but can also see why some people are upset .

I have been a season ticket holder for 10 years and I am again this year. I would however struggle to bring myself to hand over a £20 note every other week.
cashman likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 21:56   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I understand why prices have been raised but can also see why some people are upset .

I have been a season ticket holder for 10 years and I am again this year. I would however struggle to bring myself to hand over a £20 note every other week.
Agree i understand also,i got a season ticket n would struggle off a pension to fork out fer consession price every other week, but i aint upset about the rise, the survival of stanley overides that as far as i'm concerned.
Old 13-07-2014, 22:53   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Agree i understand also,i got a season ticket n would struggle off a pension to fork out fer consession price every other week, but i aint upset about the rise, the survival of stanley overides that as far as i'm concerned.
If it was down to the survival of stanley then don't charge a ridiculously low price of £9 a game for adult season tickets as the people most likely to go to games at Accy will be season ticket holders. Unfortunately this would not work for two main reasons.

Firstly Stanley need the money from season tickets to survive the summer when there is very little income and the vastly reduced amounts are better than nothing. Secondly,as you have correctly stated, people can't afford to pay every week at matchday prices. Its easier to go when you only have to pay travel every week rather than travel and ticket prices.

High matchday prices are needed to maximise away support income as they have to be charged the same and this may be why there is no differential between seats and standing unlike the rest of League 2. I hope away fans don't look at this and decide not to come as the novelty factor has worn off for most clubs' supporters.

It's easy to say we are right to put the prices up when you have a season ticket but don't complain if people decide it's too much and don't go as much if at all.

I hope this doesn't backfire on the club as we need every penny and it's a risk that if people get out of the habit they stop going. I know people who used to go to football but don't anymore as they lost the habit. And if, god forbid, it comes to rattling buckets again will we still have the same sympathy as before.

Hopefully the pricing structure will be subject to review and if it isn't working then we change it before it's too late.
Old 13-07-2014, 22:59   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I aint complaining, i think its the thing to try, cos they tried cheapos n they didn't work, its obvious to me it will bring in more income oer the season, my reasoning is theres a damn site more away fans than occasional walk ons, The reason i have a season ticket,is the simple fact i put a bit away so i can, not rocket science, simple economy.
Old 13-07-2014, 23:12   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I aint complaining, i think its the thing to try, cos they tried cheapos n they didn't work, its obvious to me it will bring in more income oer the season, my reasoning is theres a damn site more away fans than occasional walk ons, The reason i have a season ticket,is the simple fact i put a bit away so i can, not rocket science, simple economy.
That only works if they don't say "sod that , I'm not paying £20 to stand in the rain" which I have done in that past although not at Accy yet.

It's not the putting a bit away to but a season ticket it's the fact that if they only equated to saving a few pounds on a matchday ticket would people still do it.

I could buy one without putting a bit away but I wouldn't make enough games for it to be worthwhile so the economics don't add up. It also means I can chose not to go and spend the money on something else which is the problem with not having a season ticket. Then again the ticket price i sless than half the cost of my travel and it's a 15 hour day for a trip to Accy and back so that is also a factor for me.

As I say, I hope it works but if not don't leave it to late to change. I'm sure Dag & Red cut their prices one season after we had bought tickets and we had to argue for a refund.
Old 13-07-2014, 23:22   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats what its all about to me,"Economics" as you n i have to weigh that up, so have Stanley, n in such things theres always losers, not great i know, but thats life.
Old 14-07-2014, 05:47   #14
Full Member+

It may reduce the number of away fans willing to pay £20.

Its not long since we moaned at Port Vale for charging £20 and there was a seat behind the goals for that price.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 10:10   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
It may reduce the number of away fans willing to pay £20.

Its not long since we moaned at Port Vale for charging £20 and there was a seat behind the goals for that price.
£20 is a lot to pay to constantly watch your asses getting whipped!!!
cashman, Revived Red and smobile like this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..