Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2012, 22:23   #1
Senior Member+

2011 Prediction League; Game 33 - Swindon Town (away)

Swindon Town

V

Accrington Stanley

Prediction League – Game 33; v SwindonTown (away)

Happen you might think – and if you did, happen I might agree with you – that now is not a thrillingly good time to be going to Swindon ; lost our last three , not scored in 5 ¼ hours of football , not replied to the last nine goals we’ve conceded , and not playing as well as we were…………….. But then again; is there any reason to be downhearted? None at all – keep the faith . We fear no-one in this League!

Big Bad Paolo (“Thank you for banishing me to the stands”) didn’t entirely keep the faith with all his summer signings; Leon Clarke came in from QPR, fell out with the Boss after 11 days of his 2 year contract, was out on loan after 3 weeks at Chesterfield (where he did well), and was exchanged for Charlton striker Paul Benson (32) in January ; Alberto Commezzi, a 32 year-old Italian defender, played only five times and has had his contract cancelled after 7 months; Ibrahim Atiku, a Ghanaian midfielder, never played at all and left after 3 months of a 2 year deal; rumour seems to be that Algerian striker Mehdi Kerrouche (26) – who has 8 in 18 games – is being frozen out; and Czech Republic striker Lukas Magera (29) – 18 games, 9 from the bench, and one goal – has gone back to Banik Ostrava on loan. “Over ‘ere son, on me ‘ead!”. Add Michael Timlin and Elliot Benyon, both of whom have gone to Southend (Benyon having been signed from Torquay in January 11), and you’ve got an authentic clear-out.

Spaces in the dressing room mean new signings; as well as Benson the Robins have brought in winger Luke Rooney (21) from Gillingham for a six-figure fee, Palace’s keeper Wes Fotheringham (just 20) – who was on loan from September and kept 9 clean sheets in 15, and ex Foxes midfielder Lee Cox (21) from Inverness Caledonian Thistle; Daniel Boateng, Arsenal’s reserve team skipper (a 19 year old defender) and 20 year old Ipswich striker Ronan Murray (wasn’t he part of Take That? ) – who got 2 in 10 in a previous loan spell - complete the picture.

Modest as ever, Paolo has just described his team as “far away better” than their League Two promotion rivals . Maybe, on the stats, he’s got an argument; home record is 11 wins, two draws and one defeat – to Oxford on a Sunday in August by 2-1, and the away record is W8 D2 L6 F21 A15; overall, played 30, won 19, drawn 4 and lost 7, scored 52 and conceded 23 (scoring 31 of them at home and conceding just 8). They’ve put 4 past Barnet at home without reply, Huddersfield in the FA Cup (4-1 – maybe that’s why Lee Clark got sacked in favour of Simon Grayson? ) and away at Southend (also 4-1); they also tanked Crawley 3-0 at home on St Valentine’s Day, to complete a 3-0 double over them for the season , have also managed 3 against Morecambe, Crewe, Hereford and Rotherham, all at the County Ground, and have failed to score just half a dozen times – only once since October (at Torquay on Boxing Day).

Nineteen players have scored for them, including Magera (1), Christian Montano (1 – against us) who’s now on loan at Notts County for the second time this season, Jake Jervis – now at PNE – with 5 (one against us), Rooney with 1, Murray with 2, Benson with 4 and Welsh u21 midfielder Billy Bodin with 2. Top of the pile are 22 year old striker Matt Ritchie (ex Portsmouth, Daggers and Notts Co) with 10, Mehdi Kerrouche (see above) and Alan Connell (29), a striker whose cv covers Bournemouth, Brentford, Hereford and Torquay before he spent last season at Grimsby, both with 8, and Raffaele De Vita (ex Livingstone, and for 4 years part of Blackburn’s Youth set-up) with 6

Our record against them isn’t thrilling either; in 06/07 we drew 1-1 at home (Andy Todd), and lost 2-0 away; they went up to League One, coming down again last season. This season we lost to them at Fortress Crown by 2-0; played 3, no wins, one draw, two losses, scored 1, conceded 5. Hmmmm!

Currently they top the table, with 61 points from 30 games; Cheltenham and Southend are 2 and 3 on 60 and 59, but both have played two more than Swindon; having dropped two points by drawing at home to Morecambe tonight, Crawley are 5th on 56 from 29 ……….Ah bless! What a shame ……

The deadline for entries is, as ever, scheduled kick-off time, which is 3.00pm on Saturday 25th February. On the numbers you maybe wouldn’t fancy us ……. But then, I bet Crawley thought they’d do Morecambe – so there!

Good luck to everyone ………… and thanks for playing!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2012, 22:29   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: 2011 Prediction League; Game 33 - Swindon Town (away)

Swindon are gonna win the league i reckon, so 1-0 to stanley.
Old 22-02-2012, 22:32   #3
Senior Member+

Do you ever sleep?
Old 22-02-2012, 22:46   #4
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Swindon Town 1 - 2 Accrington Stanley Please for me
Old 23-02-2012, 04:50   #5
God Member

3-1 to The Stanley, please chaps.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 06:40   #6
Senior Member+

1-1 please
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 07:22   #7
Senior Member+

Going for an unlikely double before, as a part-timer, heading off ....

Stanley 1 Swindon 0
Stanley 3 Port Vale 1

Onward and upward!!
Old 23-02-2012, 07:45   #8
Super Moderator

Shock result of the weekend - 5-1 to the Stanley!
Old 23-02-2012, 08:45   #9
Resting in Peace

2-0 to Swindon please
Old 23-02-2012, 09:14   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Going for an unlikely double before, as a part-timer, heading off ....
There's probably only you and me understand that one!
Old 23-02-2012, 09:23   #11
Senior Member+

Sorry but got to say this is one I do not fancy Stanley winning, ergo Swindon 3 Stanley 0. Please prove me wrong Stanley

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 11:48   #12
Full Member+

2-1 Swindon for me please.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 15:04   #13

think I'll be scriking in me beer again - -
Swindon 5 Stanley 1
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 15:48   #14
Senior Member+

3-1 Swindon please
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 17:37   #15
Senior Member+

Only my second loss prediction of the season.

Swindon Town 2-0 Accrington Stanley

Prove me wrong lads!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..