Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 23:23   #1
Senior Member+

2011 Prediction League; Game 35 - Bradford City (away)

Bradford City

V

Accrington Stanley

2011 Prediction League – Game 35; v Bradford City (away)

They may be down the lower end of the League, but they’ve had some Cup runs this season, have the Bantams ; they went out at the first stage in the Carling, 3-2 at Leeds (managed by Simon Grayson), but in the JPT they did Sheff Wed (now managed by Dave Jones) on penalties at home, Huddersfield (now managed by Simon Grayson) on penalties away, and Sheff Utd (managed by Danny Wilson, who replaced Micky Adams last May) on penalties, also away, before Oldham put them out 2-0; in the FA Cup they beat Coleydale (who are still in a peck of trouble in League One ) and AFC Wimbledon, 1-0 and 3-1 respectively, before going down 4-2 to Watford ……Respect!

They’ve got a squad of 32 (at least), and keep changing it by loans and signings; they’ve bought at least five – Matt Fry (ex Hammers LB, who played under Phil Parkinson at Charlton), who signed to replace Luke O’Brien, sold to Exeter; Marcel Seip, a Dutch defender signed from Plymouth; ex Notts Co and Doncaster midfielder Ricky Ravenhill, ex Burnley trainee Dean Overson (18) - son of Vince, and former Charlton, West Ham and Blackpool striker Kyel Reid (23). On loan they’ve got Bury’s midfielder Andy Haworth, Rotherham GK Jamie Annerson, who replaced Matt Duke (who himself took an interesting career move by joining Northampton), midfielder Will Atkinson from Hull, who did well on loan at Plymouth before Christmas, Deane Smalley (23, a striker) from Oxford (signed by them from Oldham last summer), 34 year old defender Rob Kozluc, ex Port Vale and Blades (who also played for PNE and Wigan), and Stoke’s defender Andrew Davies, who – although only 26 – has been around a bit (Middlesbrough, Preston, Sheff Utd and Palace). A couple have gone out on loan – Guy Branston, bought from Torquay, had a spell at Rotherham but now seems to be back, and Steve Williams – a hairdresser whose career began at Bamber Bridge – is defending for Inverness CT …………….. Oh, and earlier in the season they also had, on loan, one Jamie Devitt from Hull …………….

Their League position – 18th, with 35 points from 32 games – belies their current form; they lost 1-0 at a resurgent Daggers on Saturday, but were unbeaten in February , winning 2-1 at Torquay and 4-0 at Barnet (whom they also beat 4-2 at Valley Parade earlier in the season ) and drawing 1-1 at home to both Hereford and Port Vale; in fact, they’ve drawn their last 4 at home – the two January draws being Burton (1-1) and Morecambe (2-2). They aren’t prolific – apart from thumping Barnet x 2 they’ve only managed 3 goals three times, but – be warned – those were all at home – 3-1 v the Wombles in the Cup, 3-0 v Crewe on Boxing Day and 3-1 v Shrewsbury on New Year’s Eve . Their home record is 5 wins, 6 draws and 5 defeats, and away it’s W3 D5 L8, giving them an overall record of 8 wins, 11 draws and 13 defeats; our record in W11 D11 L11, the ‘away’ bit of that being 3 wins, 9 draws and 5 losses. They’ve scored 40 in the League and conceded 42; in the Cups it’s F11 A13; they lie 1 point above Barnet and 2 above Macclesfield (about whom, Larry Lobster Sir, I’m starting to get worried, since they’ve got the worst away record in the League and - Cup games apart - have won just once in their last 18 ……..after 15 games they were 10th, on 24 points – now they’re 20th on 33 )

Leading scorers are ex Guiseley striker James Hanson (24) with 10, Bermudan Nahki Wells (21) with 6, ex Wigan, Gillingham and Blackpool midfielder Michael Flynn (31), also with 6, and ex Colchester and Hull striker Craig Fagan (29), yet again with 6; Fagan (24 goals in 70 for the Us) was in the Colchester side we so nearly beat in the FA Cup in January 04 ……….. 13 other players are on the score sheet, including one Jamie Devitt with one, which is one more than he’s so far got for us .........(under the bar Jamie – it’s not Rugby League! )

Having beaten us at Fortress Crown in the first two meetings there, we haven’t actually lost to the Bantams since 2008; our last 6 games have seen three draws away , and three wins at home – 2-0 in 2009/10, our goals coming from John Miles (where the heck is he nowadays? ), 3-0 in 2010/11 – Luke Joyce, Andy Proctor and Sean McStockportCounty – and 1-0 in August last, with a debut goal from Wes Fletcher (who appears still to be at Crewe, where he’s got just the one goal in 3 starts and 3 sub appearances ……..) It does seem that we’re something of a bogey team to Bradford – W4 D3 L2, scored 14 and conceded 8 …….. and long may it remain!

The deadline for entries is, as ever, scheduled kick-off time, which is 7 45pm this coming Tuesday, 6th March. We’re due a win, surely? Blockbuster victory? 7 goal blitz? Dodgy point again in another 0-0? Things are starting, slowly, to come together, and to be fair we actually made more chances on Saturday than did the Vale

Good luck to everyone ………… and thanks for playing!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2012, 23:35   #2
Senior Member+

Re: 2011 Prediction League; Game 35 - Bradford City (away)

2-1 to Stanley please
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 00:45   #3
Full Member+

I predict a 1-1 draw.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:03   #4
God Member

3-1 to The Stanley, please Chaps.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:34   #5
Senior Member+

2-0 Bradford -sorry !
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:04   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

1-0 stanley fer me.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:17   #7
Resting in Peace

1-0 to bradford
Old 05-03-2012, 08:46   #8
Super Moderator

I'll go for a cautious 2-1 win to the Stanley, as I don't want to jeopardise my chances of winning the prediction league.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:54   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
.................. as I don't want to jeopardise my chances of winning the prediction league.
In your dreams!
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:29   #10
Senior Member+

2-1 stanley please
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:16   #11
Full Member+

Think I'll go for another draw. 1-1 please.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 13:51   #12

2.- 2 we are getting there .
kristo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 16:00   #13
Senior Member+

Bradford 0-2 Stanley
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 16:38   #14
Senior Member+

Bradford City 1-1 Accrington Stanley
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 17:34   #15

2 1 stanley please
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..