Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2012, 00:52   #1
Senior Member+

2011 Prediction League; Game 38 Morecambe (home)

Accrington Stanley

V

Morecambe

2011 Prediction League – Game 38; v Morecambe (home)

To tell the truth, they’ve been far less busy changing their squad about since we last played them on Boxing Day than anyone else in the Division; they signed 21 year-old striker Jack Redshaw – ex Man City and Coleydale – from Altrincham (he made his debut on Saturday and scored their second in their 2-0 win at Barnet – where, you’ll be pleased to note, the crowd was 250+ smaller than ours was against the Cobblers ); on loan, they’ve acquired Man Utd’s ex Charlton, Republic of Ireland u19 international defender Sean McGinty. And that’s it – unless you count the attempts to sign Namibian Miguel Hamutenya, who nearly had deals with Rangers and Aberdeen lined up before work permit/international registration issues got in the way. The Shrimps are hoping to sign him, but don’t hold your breath – the best estimate seems to be that it won’t be sorted this season ………………

They’re having a funny old season, really; top of the pile early on, including giving Crawley an incredible seeing-to (6-0 ), they then hit a dip in form (we know all about them eh lads? ), but have recently been doing better – well enough to climb the table, anyway. In fact, their last ten games have finished W4 D2 L4, the defeats being at home to Hereford (1-0), away at Aldershot (also 1-0), at home to the Daggers (2-1) and away to the Pirates, also 2-1. They’ve beaten Cheltenham 3-1 (it’s all going rapidly pear-shaped for the Robins – but not as pear shaped as it’s going for Macclesfield ) and drawn the return game at Crawley 1-1. Very odd, really ……..

They’ve played 37 in the League; at home they’ve won 6, drawn 4, and lost 9 (remember Bryan Hughes’ winner at the Globe – Happy Christmas or what! ), whilst away they’ve got a better than healthy W7 D7 L4 tariff. They don’t bang that many goals in, either, on their travels; four at Port Vale (4-0), three once (3-0 at Hereford), two on five occasions, eight singletons, and 3 blanks; 25 goals in 18 games, but they’ve only got more than one goal in seven of the 18.

Leading scorers are Kevin Ellison (whose 9 previous clubs include Altrincham, Chester and Stockport) with 16, striker Danny Carlton - who hit their 82nd minute winner in the 2007 Playoff Final against Exeter which got Morecambe their League status with a 2-1 victory – who has 8 to his name, defender Lawrence Wilson (25), an ex-Everton and Chester England u19 International, with 6, ex Hull, Grimsby, Yeovil, Bristol City and Huddersfield striker Phil Jevons with 4, and 36 year-old player-coach Stewart Drummond, who’s also got 4, but from midfield. Carleton has scored just one since Christmas, Wilson and Jeavons haven’t scored at all in the same period; Ellison’s the man to watch – and after the way he played against Akinfenwa, Toto may be the man to stop him ……….Cashy? What d’you think?

There is no way I’m tempting the fates by reminding you of our record against them in the League; if you need to know, look it up ………….***

The deadline for entries is, as ever, scheduled kick-off time, which is 7.45pm on Tuesday 20th March. Unbeaten in four , are Cooky’s lads ……Playing with some confidence and occasional swagger too ……Win, lose or draw? Get your chips on the baize, Ladies and Gentlemen – Rien ne va plus after a quarter to eight on Tuesday!

Good luck to everyone ………… and thanks for playing!

*** OK, then, you talked me into it: two 1-1 draws (away in 08/09 and at home in Feb 11, when a penalty from (now) Rochdale superstar Phil the Tan cancelled out Phil Jevons’ strike) and 7 wins, two by 3-2, three by 2-1 and two by 1-0; P9 W7 D2 Lost NONE goals F16 A9 and 23 points out of a possible 27; good or what?

Also, we’ve never failed to score against them in the League, which is a record we’d hugely like to continue, thank you very much for asking! ……………..

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2012, 01:24   #2
Full Member+

Re: 2011 Prediction League; Game 38 Morecambe (home)

We can't keep beating them can we?! I'll go for a 2-2 draw.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 06:12   #3
God Member

3-1 to The Stanley, please chaps.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 06:15   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

2-0 to stanley.
Old 19-03-2012, 07:27   #5
Resting in Peace

My brother text me this : Morecambe 3=1 Stanley sort it out between you

Last edited by Mick; 19-03-2012 at 07:29.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 08:57   #6

1-0 to stanley please
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 09:17   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
My brother text me this : Morecambe 3=1 Stanley sort it out between you
Help - pred league scorer here - I need to know Mick-the-Administrator's brother's user name to do owt with that .......

And 2-0 Stanley will do me nicely.
Old 19-03-2012, 09:30   #8
Senior Member+

1-1 please
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 09:35   #9
Resting in Peace

2-1 to Stanley please
Old 19-03-2012, 12:49   #10

Going to be GOALS Stanley 3 Morecambe 2 .
kristo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 16:13   #11
Senior Member+

Stanley 3 - 1 Morcambe
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 17:37   #12
Senior Member+

Accrington Stanley 2-1 Morecambe

smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 19:36   #13

2 1 stanley please
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 19:47   #14
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Help - pred league scorer here - I need to know Mick-the-Administrator's brother's user name to do owt with that .......

David 1

As for me, Stanley 3 - 1 Shrimps ( a somewhat modest thrashing )
Old 19-03-2012, 19:56   #15
Senior Member+

I think were in the goals for this match 4-2 to Stanley please

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..