Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 10:31   #46
God Member

Re: 2011 Prediction League; Game 46 Crawley Town (home)

3-1to the good guys.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-05-2012, 10:31   #47

Stanley 2 Crawley 3 please Div3North

Thank you for spending your time and effort in organizing
this. :-**
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:27   #48
Full Member+

Think things might end on a poor note unfortunately. 2-0 Crawley. I would also like to echo the comments on here about the prediction league. Many many thanks to all involved- it's been great fun and it's been nice to feel just that little bit more involved.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 13:00   #49
Full Member+

I think that we might just condemn the Creepies to the play-offs here...

I'll go for a 3-1 Stanley win !!!

Just like to add my thanks for those running the prediction league again this season !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 13:47   #50
Senior Member+

1-1 please
Old 05-05-2012, 20:15   #51
Senior Member+

And the winner is the man in the claret and blue hat ……

When Stanley lose, only pragmatists make progress in the prediction league, so only Teach (8th to 7th) and Sherry (10th to 9th) made moves affecting the top of our table. Carpon and David1 each gained a bonus point for Crawley’s goal, but LancsDave stays on top with 100 to Carpon’s 98 and David1’s 96.

The other pragmatists were Deeayess, LongLostSon and Valairian (Val for indefinable reasons as usual), and TonyT who as a Crawley fan was being successfully optimistic , and ends the season 66th equal in our league of 82 players. Nobody got the score right, Teach alone getting a bonus for our blank.

Looking now at the season as a whole, honourable mentions must go to those entering every week – in finishing order LancsDave, Carpon, Tom D, Teach, Deeayess, Cashman, Ossy Kid, Redash, Div3North and Wynonie Harris. 16 people only entered once – I forgive them the bureaucratic overhead this entails .

Top goal predictor was Wynonie . If Stanley had followed his script, we would have finished the season on P 46; W 46; D 0; L 0; GF 258 ; GA 63 ; Pts 138. GA only 3 out!! Wyn also shares with D3N the honour of managing 46 incorrect predictions . Redash was our most predictable punter – “3-1 to the Stanley please chaps” appearing on 40 occasions. The team produced it just once (at home to Torquay).

If we ran a percentage league (which we don’t), the joint winners would be AccyAggro and Pete Scholes with an average of 5 points per game (or to put it another way, each with a maximum 5 points from the 1 entry they made). Obviously this prediction lark is easy for some . If we made the cutoff for such a league more than 5 entries, which also happens to define our Top 50, the winner would be David1 with an average of 2.182, beating LD’s 2.174 and Carpon’s 2.130. I really should get a life ……

And finally, I echo my co-conspirator in appreciating the thanks for our efforts many of you have offered this week – and it appears I will be doing it again next year .

Final table attached (in two parts). See you in August. On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Final Table 5 May 12 - Top 50.doc (73.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: doc Final Table 5 May 12 - The Rest.doc (55.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-05-2012, 20:52   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cheers Chimer fer all the hard work in keeping us amused, look forward to next seasons.
Old 05-05-2012, 21:03   #53
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
GA only 3 out!!
Ha! Uncannily accurate, I would say!

Cheers, Div3N and Chimer for all your efforts. Karma sent to you both.
Old 05-05-2012, 21:17   #54
Senior Member+

Thank you so much to everybody for your kindness in appreciation of Chimer's and my efforts.

I had wondered whether I was overdoing the opening post each week - all the stats, all the names, all the things you didn't need to know; eventually I came to look on it as a kind of "Stanley Magazine". It seems from the reactions that people did read it after all, just as you read Chris's entertaining analysis of each week's Greater Nonsenses (put your money on me or Wynonie to win next season!). I think it helps that Chris and I have the same sense of humour, which so many of you share .........................

Thank you for allowing us - by playing along - the chance to do this; we're just very glad that you enjoyed it too ............

And thank you to all those who sent karma ...........

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 21:24   #55
Senior Member+

And massive congratulations to those up the top of the table; huge respect for everyone who did what I couldn't (get a score right!), and to Wynonie in particular for his .........ermmm ............. optimism ..........if we finish next season with 46 wins, 138 points and a goal difference of +195 (F258 A63) I for one will be thrilled.

And for the man in the blue and claret hat - Congratulations Lancsdave!
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 21:47   #56
God Member

Do I need to make a speech ?

Thanks D3N & Chimer for all your efforts.

I really wish Wynonie had got it all spot on, I would gladly have handed him the crown
Old 05-05-2012, 22:19   #57
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Do I need to make a speech ?

Thanks D3N & Chimer for all your efforts.

I really wish Wynonie had got it all spot on, I would gladly have handed him the crown
Next season, mate, next season...the voices have told me.

...and congratulations on winning...although Stanley's your "other" club, you've helped them in many ways over the years, so it's well deserved!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:49   #58
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

What I didn't win ??? Think there should be a recount !

Thanks lads for the fun & games along the way, looking forward to next season.
Old 06-05-2012, 19:34   #59
God Member

Thanks gents for running this and a big WELL DONE to Lancsdave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 19:41   #60

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Thanks for seasons effort Div3 North and Chimer...and for all facts and figures!
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..