Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2011, 23:55   #1
Senior Member+

2011 Prediction League; Game 9 Oxford Utd (away)

Oxford United

V

Accrington Stanley

2011 Prediction League – Game 10; v Oxford Utd (away)

In mid-May, Oxford manager Chris Wilder signed 24 year old ex Villa, Forest and Wycombe striker Jon-Paul Pittman; he said of him, “JP is a very positive player who has the ability to create and score goals. He has electric pace and gives us a balance to the squad. I am delighted to have beaten off stiff competition for his signature and he is definitely a signing that will excite the supporters” . On 12th September he was shipped out to Crawley on a 3 month loan ………….

Out, also, has gone striker Jack Midson, who joined in 2009 from Histon and was released, signing for AFC Wimbledon (for whom he scored yesterday); midfielder Sam Deering went to Barnet, and fellow midfielder Simon Clist has gone out on loan to Hereford (bet he’s regretting that! ). In, on loan, came Jonathan Franks from Middlesbrough, who was injured before his debut and has gone back to Ayresome Park (or wherever the hell they play now ), and Lewis Guy from MK Dons, whose loan hasn’t been extended ; to replace them, they’ve just signed Andy Haworth, a 22 year-old winger from Bury, initially on a one-month loan.

Over the summer they also acquired some other well known names, including 35 year-old Michael Duberry, released by St Johnstone after a career which included Chelseas, Leeds and Stoke, Oldham striker Deane Smalley (22), who scored 12 in 39 for Chesterfield on loan last season, ex Cobblers defender/midfielder Liam Davis, and Tony Capaldi (29), a Northern Irish international left back whose clubs include Leeds and Plymouth and, most recently, Morecambe; he joined them in September 2010, and last played at the Globe in March, his career coming to a sudden halt, possibly because he Twittered criticism of their training, and called them “rubbish” ……….. Potentially the most ‘fun’ signing is Gk Wayne Brown (34), who played for Chester, Bury, and – last season – SuperSport Utd in South Africa, where he apparently had “an error-ridden campaign” and left in April. Anyone know the Afrikaans for “Over ‘ere Son, on me ‘ead”?

They play Aldershot in the JPT 2nd Round (a bye getting them there), and lost in the Carling 3-1 at home to Cardiff. In the League they’re 7th, on 15 points from 9 games – 4 wins, 3 draws and two defeats; 12 scored, 9 conceded. At the Kassam Stadium, 3 draws – 1-1 against Aldershot and Bradford and 2-2 v Burton – and a 2-0 win over the Shrews; away, wins by 2-1 at Swindon, 1-0 over the Daggers and 2-0 over Barnet yesterday, with two defeats, 3-1 at Crewe and 1-0 at Rotherham. 13 goals in 10 games (including the Cup) – two goals four times, one goal 5 times and one blank; eight different goalscorers, with only Liam Davis (2) and midfielder Simon Heslop and striker James Constable (3 each) having more than one. Constable, despite his newly-signed three year contract, is apparently wanted by a BSP side, whose first offer was turned down…..……… Watch this space!

Last season we played out two goalless draws; make of that what you will …………… They’ll be without defender Jake Wright, sent off at Barnet yesterday; I think most of our red-carders are back now; lads? Can we all stay on the field, please?

The deadline for entries is, as ever, scheduled kick-off time, which is 3pm on Saturday 24th September. So; here’s one where the bragging rights are up for grabs! Big win? Thumping loss? 6-6 thriller? A goal for anyone? Certainly time for another Stanley win ........Your call ……………

Good luck to everyone ………… and thanks for playing!

Last edited by Div3North; 17-09-2011 at 23:58.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2011, 07:55   #2
God Member

Re: 2011 Prediction League; Game 9 Oxford Utd (away)

3-1 to The Stanley, please my good men.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 10:15   #3

Still feeling positive so a 2 - 1 win for the Stanley Boys
Mysteron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 10:39   #4
Resting in Peace

2-1 to Oxford please
Old 18-09-2011, 12:27   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

A rather scrappy Stanley 1-0 Oxford, please.
Old 18-09-2011, 12:32   #6
Senior Member+

1-1 draw please
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 18:59   #7
Senior Member+

1-1 please
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 23:05   #8
Senior Member+

Just for the record, the header is wrong - this is 2011 Prediction League Game 10 (not Game 9)

But you knew that, didn't you ..................
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 12:03   #9
Full Member+

2-1 Stanley please.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 16:45   #10
God Member

Oxford United 2 - 0 Accrington Stanley please.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 17:03   #11
Senior Member+

Oxford United 0-0 Accrington Stanley
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 17:16   #12
Senior Member+

3-3 please
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 19:49   #13

0 - 0 methinks
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 20:05   #14

Stanley 1 Oxford 1 please
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 20:14   #15
Super Moderator

6-4 to the Stanley please!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..