Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2014, 23:54   #1
Senior Member+

2013 Prediction League; Game 36 v Hartlepool United (home)

Accrington Stanley

V

Hartlepool Utd

2013/14 Prediction League – Game 36; v Hartlepool (home)

14th September 2013; Hartlepool 2 Accrington 1 ; their first win, our run went on ……..and they climbed the table and did ok in the Cups – for a while - including 5 wins in a row …………..they hit mid-table, and they’re still there – currently 10th; but, remember, 6 points covers York in 9th place down to us in 22nd (inclusive) , and you sort of think (or would do, if it weren’t for Torquay and Northampton ) that 50 points isn’t going to guarantee survival this season.

Hartlepool lost 4 of 5 in January, and since the turn of the New Year they’ve taken just 14 points from 12 games (we’ve got 15 from 11 ) with 4 wins, 2 draws and 6 defeats ………their 6 away games in that time have given them just 4 points (a 2-0 win at the Daggers, and a 1-1 draw at Southend); P6 W1 D1 L4 F5 A9 ……….Overall, P 35 W12 D9 L14 F40 A40 Pts 45 ………Safe? No way! And it’s worth recording that there are only four sides who’ve lost more games than the Monkey Hangers have – Exeter and the Wombles with 15, the Cobblers with 16, and the (surely doomed?) Torquay with 18

They haven’t done a lot in the markets; they sold CB Jack Baldwin (20), who they signed from Ryman League side Faversham Town in 2011, to Peterborough on Deadline Day for £1/2 million (described by Posh as “the best centre back in the Football League” - no he isn't; perm any one from Tom Aldred and Dean Winnard for starters); they loan-signed Nick Barmby’s son Jack, a 19 year-old MF, from Man U and also forward Luke Williams (20) from Middlesbrough, and on 13th January 2014 they proper-signed 34 year old striker Marlon Harewood, whose career includes 12 clubs, notably Notts Forest, West Ham (for £1/2 million), Villa (for £4 million), Barnsley and, most recently, Bristol City

They went out of the Capital One 3-1 at Notts Forest in the First Round; in the JPT they did Bratfud 5-0 at home, then the Blades 1-0 away (bet they wouldn’t do that now – the Blades into the FA Cup semis today on the back of a ninth consecutive win in all competitions ), before losing 2-1 at the Victoria Stadium to Rotherham; in the FA Cup they saw off Notts County 3-2 at home, and then drew 1-1 with Coventry at home, losing the replay 2-1…………. 55 goals in all in 42 games; leading scorers are home-grown striker Luke James (19) with 14; winger Andy Monkhouse (33) – ex Rotherham and Swindon – with 53 in 271 since 2007, has 6; MF Jonathan Franks – once of Middlesbrough, with loans at Yeovil and Oxford and appearances for England u16 to u20 – has 5; two others have four each, one has 3, two have two and four have one …………who got the other eleven I have no idea ……………

We’ve met them since we came back into the League; 2006/7 – the year they went up - we lost 1-0 away, and 2-1 at home (Andy Todd with the goal); 14th September we lost 2-1 again (our goal on 57 from James Gray)…………played 3, lost 3 ; that needs to change a bit rapid!

The deadline for entries is, as always, scheduled kick-off time, which is 7.45pm on Tuesday 11th March 2014. 3 points and a reduction of the goal-difference ? You’d fancy our chances after Saturday, I might think ………………

Good luck to everyone ……………….Remember; passion overcomes logic ………..Keep the faith ……………………. And thanks for playing!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2014, 04:33   #2
Senior Member+

Re: 2013 Prediction League; Game 36 v Hartlepool United (home)

The luck against Hartlepool has got to change, and hopefully will this Tuesday night. Here's hoping Moly still has his shooting boots on and fires another hat trick - 3-1 to Stanley again and a move up the table above Morecambe.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:13   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Reverting to form 2-1 to the Stanley please D3N.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:48   #4
Super Moderator

4-1 to the Stanley please!
Old 10-03-2014, 07:32   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

2-0 stanley roll on tuesday night.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:39   #6
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Accrington Stanley 2 - 1 Hartlepool United Please for me
Old 10-03-2014, 10:06   #7

2-1 to stanley please
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:48   #8
God Member

I'll go for another 3 - 1 to Stanley
(Just in case it's another nail biting, nerve wracking game I've booked Wednesday off work to recover - really hope the lads can put in another performance like Saturday, wonder if Jeff Stelling will be around?)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:42   #9
Senior Member+

Stanley 0 Hartlepool 1 please
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 15:34   #10

Stanley 2 Hartlepool 0
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 16:01   #11
Senior Member+

1570 for me
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 16:17   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
1570 for me
They'll still be playing three weeks later if someone's going to score that many!
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 16:38   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
They'll still be playing three weeks later if someone's going to score that many!
Apologies for that wrong thread.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 18:24   #14
Full Member+

A 2-2 draw for me.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 19:00   #15

2 - 0 to Stanley please
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..