Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2015, 17:43   #46

Re: 2014/15 Prediction League - Game 25 v Bury FC (home)

2-1 to Bury unfortunately. I'm not letting Nige know my predictions early, he copies!
angeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2015, 18:30   #47
Full Member+

one all draw for me please
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 12:00   #48
Senior Member+

Bs Consolidate Grip on Table with Continued Accurate Pessimism

We were doing rather better when this fixture was first due , which may explain the excessively optimistic 24 for us, 8 for them and 7 on the fence in the final entry list. But a number of our frontrunners got it right, although the only spot-on was recent joiner StanleyAccrington (aka CFSA) who thereby leapt up the table on to the tail of those who have been playing regularly, but unsuccessfully , from the start of the season.

The top of the table sees the Bs pulling clear with 3 points each. Ange is 5 ahead of Nige, having worked out that by going after him and making the same prediction he can never close the gap (well that's the way it's worked out the last few weeks ). Deeayess and Outback Ozzy, also with 3 each, have closed in on Tommy McQueen in third spot but remain a couple or three points adrift of him.

I've cut down to a single table again this week, as the Top 40 now contains all those currently playing regularly. Redraine joined us for the first time this season, being unable to resist calling our organiser a Divvy (Scouse term of endearment, sort of in response to his starter for 10 about left halves, but as his entry was before the postponement and he's not participated in the games since, I'm not counting him as regular at the moment. His 3-2 prediction scored nul points, so he sits 51st and last equal.

I've had enough of Stanley losing and website bickering for a bit , so I'm off and away for a fortnight from tomorrow . So the next table won't appear until after the Southend game, by which time Stanley will have 12 more points , and Dav007, Chubbyman and Cashman will have stopped clogging up every thread (except this one and Guess the Gate) by exchanging pointless insults . Well, I can dream, can't I? I wonder which is less likely?

My predictions for my absence:
Stanley 2 Cobblers 1
Plymouth 2 Stanley 2
Stanley 4 Oxford 0
Southend 2 Stanley 1

Roll on the lot of 'em. On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL Pt 1, 27 Jan 15.doc (97.0 KB, 12 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..