Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2015, 23:10   #1
Senior Member+

2014/15 Prediction League - Game 42 v Dagenham & Redbridge (away)

Dagenham and Redbridge

V
Accrington Stanley

2014/15 Prediction League; Game 45 v Dagenham & Redbridge (away)

So ………two from Tranmere, Cheltenham and Hartlepool; Tranmere lie bottom (39 points and -20 GD), having dropped from League One last summer in 21st place with 47 points; they were accompanied through the trapdoor by Shrewsbury and Stevenage; Cheltenham are 23rd (40 points and -26 GD, which may be an issue in the next two weeks or so ), having been in League Two since the summer of 2009 (finishing 23rd with 39 points, accompanied down by Northampton); Hartlepool are 22nd (41 points but -32 GD); they joined us in 2013, together with Bury and Pompey, having finished 23rd, also with 41 points ………. Hartlepool play Exeter at home and Carlisle away; Cheltenham play Shrewsbury (who need one point to go back up) at home and the Wombles away; Tranmere visit Plymouth and finish with Bury at home, both of whom need points to get their play-off places cemented.

Tranmere reacted to their parlous position by MutuallyConsenting with Manager Micky Adams ; strikes me that mutually consenting when you’re bottom of the table with two games left might not be the most brilliant idea (I imagine they told him to “MutuallyConsent Off” , but what do I know?) My analysis is that Hartlepool have the best chance of picking up the points they need, despite having the worst goal difference; we’ll see ……..by the way, Barnet snatched a draw from the jaws of defeat at Kidderminster on Saturday to lead Brizzle Rovers (who snatched a draw from the jaws of victory at Dover ) 89 points / 88 points with one left; Barnet are +46, Brizzle +32; Barnet are at home to 10th-placed Gateshead, Brizzle to 21st-placed Alfreton (who could still stay up if Southport (48 points) beat Welling (45 points) away and they draw, or if Southport draw and they beat Bristol R, which isn’t likely ….) Burton are up, Shrewsbury will be if they get one more point (GD in their favour) or Wycombe and Southend drop anything, and the 3rd automatic place will be Wycombe (81), Southend (81) or Bury (79); technically the four teams lying 8th – 11th (Luton, Newport, Northampton and Exeter) could still reach the playoffs , but Newport – who lost 3-2 at home to the Daggers last weekend – were/are “adversely affected” by the jailing of striker Chris Zebroski for four years four months for various offences of robbery, attempt robbery and assault at Swindon Crown Court last Friday, according to their skipper Andy Sandell ………..

Speaking of MutuallyConsenting , the Daggers parted company last week with def Damian Batt (30, ex Barnet, Stevenage and Oxford), who’s played a lot of the season since joining in the summer; experienced ex Torquay def Brian Saah is still out on loan at Woking and staying there to the end of the season, and 24 year-old MF Joss “Bite me” Labadie is banned for six months for taking a chunk out of Brian Henry’s finger at Stevenage, having served a 10-gamer for doing a Suarez whilst at Torquay last season …. Cheltenham released three of their loan signings back to their parent clubs (they had seven and could only name 5 in their squad, so they released three and now have four ……….What? )

The Daggers are 14th, with a record reading P44 W16 D8 L20 F53 A57 and 56 points; they lost a penalty shoot-out 4-2 to Brentford, after a 6-6 home draw in the First Round of the Capitol One, then went out of the Johnstone’s Thingy 2-0 at home to Leyton Orient; the high point of their season may not have been losing 2-0 at Southport in the away replay of the FA Cup First Round tie , the first leg having finished 0-0 ………59 goals, then, in 48 games; in 16 of those 48 they’ve failed to trouble the scorers (three of those 16 this current month! ), and nine of the goalless games have been at home ……….. They managed just 22 points from their first 23 games, at which time they lay an uncomfortable 23rd (despite nicking a 2-1 win at our place), but have 34 from the last 21; as a point of comparison, we took 30 from our first 22 and 23 from the last 22 ………..

Their last eight at home have seen 3 wins (Hartlepool and Plymouth, both 2-0, and the Wombles 4-0; I wonder where YouFatB*st*rd will be next season?), two draws (Pompey and Luton, both 0-0) and three losses ……. Trouble is, those three losses have been to Burton (3-1), Wycombe (1-0) and Southend (3-1) – three of the top four; in fact, the only top-six team they’ve beaten at their place is Bury (1-0) ……..Leading scorer is Jamie Methuselah Cureton (still on top form despite having just had his 70th birthday) with 18; worryingly – at least for his GP and his Insurers – he wants a new contract!

Deadline for entries is, as always, scheduled kick-off time, which is 3.00pm on Saturday 25th April; I’m still worried that St Piero hasn’t signed a new contract , and it’ll be interesting to see which of the squad make the match-day 18; will it be our players? Our new Professionals? The people about to go back to their own Clubs? Or a mix of all of those groups? Time will tell …..JC will decide - if he isn't at Tranmere by then!

Good luck to everybody! ………. Keep the Faith, and buy a Brick and an Early Bird ……….and thanks for playing!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2015, 23:17   #2
Senior Member+

Re: 2014/15 Prediction League - Game 42 v Dagenham & Redbridge (away)

Yes, I do know it's game 45 - just testing!
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 06:50   #3
God Member

2 apiece for me please
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 07:12   #4
Super Moderator

5-1 to the Stanley please.
Old 22-04-2015, 13:01   #5

Dagenham 1 Stanley 2.please
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 17:26   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

2 - 1 to the Stanley please D3N.
Old 22-04-2015, 23:35   #8
Senior Member+

1-1 please
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 04:12   #9
Senior Member+

Dagenham 1 - 3 Stanley
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 08:57   #10
Senior Member+

Daggers 1 Stanley 2 please D3N.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 09:56   #11

3-1 Stanley
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 10:25   #12
God Member

Dagenham & Redbridge 2 - 1 Accrington Stanley, please.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2015, 08:35   #13
Full Member+

Dagenham & Redbridge 1 Accrington Stanley 2, please
Leylandii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2015, 14:49   #14
God Member

2 goals apiece
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2015, 15:59   #15
Senior Member+

Daggers 1 Stanley 0 please
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..