Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2014, 14:44   #61
I am Banned

Re: 2014/15 Season Ticket Launch and Fans Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
I doubt they would be much information anyway, as it predates Accrington Stanley (1921) pre that is Stanley villa or even Accrington, so cancels out ww1 connections, with that in mind it's feasible that ww2 would further more connections, I'm sure I gave read up somewhere
I've just got back from the Library, in the Tuesdays editions of the Accy Observer January 1914, it shows the results of the previous Saturdays Football, and Accrington Stanley is mentioned in one of the leagues, they lost 1-0
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2014, 14:59   #62

Thanks for that Retlaw
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 18:09   #63
God Member

Accrington Stanley were playing in the Central League in 1914-15 and most if not all of the players would have been local.

Breedon Book quotes "the 1914-15 season was the last in peacetime football and Stanley finished in 6th position. The outbreak of World War One saw the men of Accrington answer their country's call. The formation of the East Lancashire Regiment which became known as the Accrington Pals and the fate they met is well documented ...."

I think it is likely that many of our players met their fates over the coming months but as team documentation is thin on the ground I would imagine it will forever remain speculation.

maybe one of the mods could separate these posts from the main thread as it could run and run as more info comes to light?
cashman likes this.
Old 10-04-2014, 18:58   #64
God Member

Looks like word is starting to spread

Accrington Stanley announce small increase in season ticket prices (From Lancashire Telegraph)

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 19:01   #65
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Accrington Stanley were playing in the Central League in 1914-15 and most if not all of the players would have been local.

Breedon Book quotes "the 1914-15 season was the last in peacetime football and Stanley finished in 6th position. The outbreak of World War One saw the men of Accrington answer their country's call. The formation of the East Lancashire Regiment which became known as the Accrington Pals and the fate they met is well documented ...."

I think it is likely that many of our players met their fates over the coming months but as team documentation is thin on the ground I would imagine it will forever remain speculation.

maybe one of the mods could separate these posts from the main thread as it could run and run as more info comes to light?
I've not seen any WW1 newspaper articles which mentions a Stanley player serving in any Regmt during that period, If there is going to be any thing I would need a name. There could have been Stanley men, but without documentation its a no.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 11:00   #66
God Member

If it helps you can now pay online for season tickets

Season Tickets 2014/2015 - Accrington Stanley FC
Pendle Red likes this.
Old 13-04-2014, 13:53   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
If it helps you can now pay online for season tickets

Season Tickets 2014/2015 - Accrington Stanley FC
Re: (pay online for season ticket) there does not appear to be an option to retain our current seat location
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 14:14   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Re: (pay online for season ticket) there does not appear to be an option to retain our current seat location

It's not linked to the ticketing system, just another option for methods to pay, not always possible to contact the club during 'normal' hours for some people so just trying to make it easier

It does say in the description somebody from the club will contact you to sort out seat reservation.

Is there a time limit for keeping your old seat, must admit I haven't seen anything about it before
Old 13-04-2014, 14:35   #69
God Member

A real plus putting that option up online Dave particularly for that live away from the Club

SFFS
Old 13-04-2014, 14:38   #70

just done it, thanks dave that was easy for me being from outside the area
lancsdave likes this.
teabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 14:43   #71
God Member

I took part in the warm-up show on Talk Sport Radio with Max Rushden from Soccer AM & Barry Glendenning Deputy Sports Editor of the Guardian talking about Accrington Stanley earlier this afternoon if you want to have a listen it is here

on the 12-00 to 12-30 section from about six minutes in

talkSPORT Listen again 1397381400 | talkSPORT

Hopefully came across okay and helps get the message out there to the wider public.

SFFS
Old 13-04-2014, 14:57   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Come across well, but a bit thick, its 7 mins in not 6.
Pendle Red likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..