Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2014, 15:55   #316
God Member

Re: 2014/15 Squad :)

Another one in, on fishy site now we've signed Jordan Mustoe on an initial short term deal - welcome aboard lad
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2014, 16:00   #317
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Another one in, on fishy site now we've signed Jordan Mustoe on an initial short term deal - welcome aboard lad
Well pleased wi that un,had a very good game at Altringham.
Old 11-08-2014, 16:20   #318
God Member

Haven't seen him play but going off the Morecambe fan who came on here saying he'd have preferred to sign Mustoe rather than Laurie Wilson he'll do for me as I really rated Laurie when he was here - it was just the injuries that let him down
Old 11-08-2014, 18:37   #319
Senior Member+

Good signing and will put pressure on Lids to perform
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 19:52   #320
Senior Member+

JB talks about competition for places. I hope that works out in practice rather than being just a managerial cliché. From the reports of pre-season games, it seemed to me that Rob Atkinson had done more than enough to share the centre back role with Tom Aldred in the opening fixtures. (Sorry, f19)
Redraine likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 19:57   #321
Senior Member+

Sounds a great signing

Welcome on board young man.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 20:21   #322
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
JB talks about competition for places. I hope that works out in practice rather than being just a managerial cliché. From the reports of pre-season games, it seemed to me that Rob Atkinson had done more than enough to share the centre back role with Tom Aldred in the opening fixtures. (Sorry, f19)
Think he might get a shout against Leeds tomorrow? Personally I think there might be 1 or 2 changes maybe Hatfield and the new lad Alibi might get starts.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 21:01   #323
Senior Member+

Quote:
Good shout RR,Robs done well in pre-season,but so have Tom and Dean !!
Out of the three,Toms strongest in the air,whist Dean is quicker on the deck,so it's more about the combination rather than who's the better players.
Thought they did ok on Saturday despite being under constant pressure.
Rob on the bench has kept everybody on their toes as he's good enough to step in if anyone dips in form
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 18:58   #324
God Member

Any news on Brett Ormerod yet anybody is he still injured or is he just not going to sign.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 20:14   #325
Senior Member+

Quote:
I for one have no problem whatsoever with Luke Joyce in midfield. However, as you have been known to support the return of McEvilly and Craney, it is clear that your footballing insights are on a very different level from mine.
Looks like I'm right and your wrong again.
What is it like to ignore reality?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 21:04   #326
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
What on earth are you on about???
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 22:22   #327
God Member

Quote:
What on earth are you on about???
Good question RR, think maybe Dav007's had one too many lemonades tonight.
Sounds to me like we are missing Joycey's steady influencers in midfield - just hope he's back to full fitness soon
Old 16-08-2014, 22:41   #328
God Member

Sorry, that should've read Joycey's steadying influence (singular) - I blame the rosé
Old 17-08-2014, 07:34   #329
Senior Member+

Joyce would not make any difference at all, please point out over the past few years where he has had a consistent influence on games ?
Our midfielder is the worst part of the team last season and so far it's the worst part of the team this season.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 07:35   #330
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
You tell us please DAV your the real expert!!! Thanks for leaving me with an empty seat next to me at the Southend game, I wore my best red dress and my ventriloquists finger was erect all game.
DAV007 likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..