Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2014, 10:09   #331
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Joyce would not make any difference at all, please point out over the past few years where he has had a consistent influence on games
Forgotten the fact that all of our passing moves in the play off season started with Joyce?
Joyce has been asked to be a one man central midfield ever since that season and shouldn't be criticised for successive managers' failure to introduce a ball winner alongside him.
If Procter can still do that job, we should do a straight swap for Naismith.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2014, 10:56   #332
Senior Member+

Re: 2014/15 Squad :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Forgotten the fact that all of our passing moves in the play off season started with Joyce?
Joyce has been asked to be a one man central midfield ever since that season and shouldn't be criticised for successive managers' failure to introduce a ball winner alongside him.
If Procter can still do that job, we should do a straight swap for Naismith.
Probably one of the most accurate observations on this forum for a while.
Joycy was our play-maker and all of a sudden hes the holding/ball winner player.
Proccy used to shield the back four and took a lot of headers,whist joycy made the play,simple but effective.
baldy likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 11:27   #333
Senior Member+

Absolute rubbish football19.

Joyce has NEVER been a playmaker. His best season was the playoff season when he was the holding midfielder and a certain Jimmy Ryan and Mr Craney where the playmakers.

His strength his breaking the play up and NOT creating it. It always has been, and always will be!
DAV007 likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 13:07   #334
Senior Member+

Joyce is a playmaker!!! HAHAHAHAHA

More like a play actor, playacting being a league 2 standard midfielder!
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 13:08   #335
Senior Member+

do shakermaker and football 19 actually watch Stanley?
Old 17-08-2014, 13:13   #336
Senior Member+

Smudgie,you really need to get/watch match DVDs of the time we are talking about.
We played 4-2-3-1,with ryan/mcconville/craney i the three.
The centre backs (hessey/sunbeds) split and joycy came short and either half turned or went wide to the fullbacks.
If the opposition went with him the ball went to Ryan who drifted in to were joycy started.
You mention Ryan being the playmaker,the ball had to go through two lines before it got to him!!,indeed,in that team a lot of his good work was in/around the right channel.
The strength of the team was its ability to inter-change together with a decent hold up player (gornell)
baldy likes this.
Old 17-08-2014, 13:19   #337
Senior Member+

Smudgie and Davo singing from the same hymn sheet mmmm !!
i do take in one or two games Davo,as well as watching a lot of other teams as well
Old 17-08-2014, 13:30   #338
Senior Member+

Quote:
do shakermaker and football 19 actually watch Stanley?

They dont watch the same game as me, thats for sure. They wernt even at Cheltenham aparently!
Old 17-08-2014, 13:59   #339
Senior Member+

After years of Joyce in our team, how can either of you say he is the answer to our clear midfield problems?

Im not saying he is a bad league 2 player, but we wont be chalenging for the playoffs with Joyce in the team.
Old 17-08-2014, 14:19   #340
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I aint a big Joyce fan, But was he not in the team that did challenge? And get in the play-offs.
Old 17-08-2014, 14:22   #341
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
They dont watch the same game as me, thats for sure. They wernt even at Cheltenham aparently!
Seeing that the discussion was about Luke Joyce's contribution to the team in his time so far at Stanley, I fail to see the relevance of whether either Shakermaker or Football 19 was at Cheltenham yesterday unless you're trying to play the 'who goes to more games & is therefore a better fan card' which would be childish & pathetic imho
sparkie and Billy Casper like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 15:27   #342
Senior Member+

Quote:
Looks like I'm right and your wrong again.
What is it like to ignore reality?
Come on, DAV007. I have asked you once but you didn't answer. What on earth are you on about?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 15:31   #343
Senior Member+

Smudgie has played that card before,but you can't deny his passion for Acci !!
Davo just likes to go fishing .
Old 17-08-2014, 15:31   #344
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Come on, DAV007. I have asked you once but you didn't answer. What on earth are you on about?
The question was too difficult.
Revived Red likes this.
Old 17-08-2014, 15:48   #345
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Smudgie has played that card before,but you can't deny his passion for Acci !!
Davo just likes to go fishing .

I just get MASSIVELY frustrated when I know we can play better. Especially as its more or less £20+ to get in everywhere now..... NOT a cheap hobby.
We showed it for 15 minutes at Leeds, 20 minutes on Saturday. I just wish we would show it for 45 at least, to give us a chance!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..