Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2014, 06:01   #31
Senior Member+

Re: 2014 Prediction League; Game 4 v Luton Town (home)

Stanley 1 - 1 Luton
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-08-2014, 07:06   #32
Senior Member+

Stanley 3 Luton 1

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 11:29   #33
Full Member+

Stanley 1 Luton 1
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 11:36   #34
Senior Member+

I'm going for a 1-1 today please guys
Old 23-08-2014, 11:36   #35
Senior Member+

Stanley 0 Luton 2 please
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 11:56   #36
Full Member+

Accrington Stanley 2 Luton Town 1
Leylandii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 12:04   #37

1-1 please
angeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 13:08   #38
God Member

3-1 Stanley please.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 16:36   #39
Senior Member+

After Four Games and One Point

Righty-ho, here we go again ….

Early season optimism amongst our entrants was evident with only 2 hard-minded people going against the boys for the opener against Southend. So AngeB and Football19 were our early leaders with 3 points there. Smudgie got a bonus point for our blank and 18 of you got a lucky one for thinking they would get one, but not win.

A bit more realism the following week for Cheltenham, with the first 5-pointers of the season coming to Bdc, Nige B, Teach and Tommy McQueen . That gave us Bdc, Nige B and Teach on top with 6 points, T McQ one behind.

By Tuesday at Shrewsbury the feelgood feeling had just about vanished , only 14 keeping the faith compared to 12 pessimists. Nobody got the scale of the disaster quite right , but 7 of the 12 got a bonus point for another red blank . This included Nige B, taking him top with 10 points, a point clear of Teach.

Back home yesterday and the mood improved , 25 looking for the first win against Luton with only 5 expecting a fourth consecutive defeat. Leaving 7 correctly predicting the draw, with just JimsLad picking up a max 5 for the right score . Nige B and T McQ were amongst the magnificent (?) 7, leaving Nige 2 points clear now on 13, with Teach’s pessimism dropping him back behind Tommy on countback, both on 11 together with Norwich Stanley, sneaking in under the radar by amassing 3 correct results without scoring a maximum. AngeB fifth on 10 points, 3 clear of anyone else.

Watching the patterns of entries, I can confidently forecast that Wynonie’s entry for Bury next week will be 5-0, and he will be up to 46-0 for the home game against Mansfield on May 2nd . I also forecast even more confidently that if I am right there, Wynonie’s points after the Mansfield game will exactly equal the number of clean sheets we achieve this season.

We have 45 players so far this season, 16 with season tickets ensuring they won’t miss an entry. 14 others haven’t missed yet. 4 joined in after the first week, 4 haven’t been heard from since the first week . Peter9001 and Redmark are new players this season. 45 is too many for me to fit everybody in one attachment, for the time being I will split it so people with points are in Pt 1. 5 people have scored maximums, and there are 3 people who have played 4 for 0 points (that was me last season).

Finally, please please please check your records as shown in the tables do reflect your actual entries. I have been known to cock things up and it’s much easier to sort things out now then if you complain next May.

Roll on the Shakers. The only way is up (apart from Oxford so let’s not think about that).

On Stanley On!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL Pt 1, 23 Aug 14.doc (84.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: doc SPL Pt 2, 23 Aug 14.doc (44.5 KB, 10 views)
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 24-08-2014, 20:58   #40
Super Moderator

Strewth! You've cracked the code for my top secret prediction formula!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..