Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2016, 16:43   #31

Re: 2015/16 Prediction League; Game 23 v Carlisle United (home)

1-1 please
angeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2016, 16:56   #32
Full Member+

Accrington Stanley 1-0 Carlisle United
accytom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 17:11   #33

need to change the postponed game prediction to Stanley 3 Carlisle 2
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 12:36   #34

as a certain Mr Presley once uttered - "now & then there's a fool such as I" - 3 points thrown away to my last minute own goal - not blaming you Chimer - stop laughing this instant AngeB ! (lost my smilies - imagine the green grinny thingy).
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 21:02   #35

Hee Hee
LongLostSon likes this.
angeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 10:46   #36
Senior Member+

The Gap Is Growing - And Now It's Personal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
as a certain Mr Presley once uttered - "now & then there's a fool such as I" - 3 points thrown away to my last minute own goal - not blaming you Chimer - stop laughing this instant AngeB ! (lost my smilies - imagine the green grinny thingy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeb View Post
Hee Hee
For the second game running, nobody thought we would lose – for the second game running, we didn’t . But this time the drawmongers took the spoils and made the significant upward moves. There were 8 of them, 5 taking the max 5 points. In AngeB’s case, this didn’t change her position but stretched her lead at the top to 9 points , the first significant gap we’ve seen this season. But OssyKid leapt from 12th to 7th, MonkeyHanger from 24= to 18th, Football 19 from 29th to 25th (3rd max in 5 for him – the current form horse) and Norwich Stanley from 36th to 34th.

The 3 pointers were Stevie R (30th to 29th), Red-Osbornello (33rd to 31st) and Winstanley asfc, who managed to go backwards (35th to 36th) due to Norwich’s greater improvement.

17 of the remaining 27 optimists picked up a point, 4 for our goal and 13 for theirs, while the other 10 didn’t. Little change resulted in the upper reaches of the table, Deeayess moving ahead of Jims Lad (now 6th and 7th) and Sparkie similarly overtaking Revived Red (now 11th and 12th).

I see from the entries already in for the Oxford game that optimism is dwindling , and a true logical pessimist might expect us to be back in 8th by 5 o’clock on Saturday afternoon, given the other fixtures. But then logically we should have taken more than 1 point from 6 against Carlisle, so perhaps the Gods will smile on us this time .

Roll on Oxford! On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL Pt 1 - 16 Feb 16.doc (98.5 KB, 20 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..