Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2016, 23:25   #16
Super Moderator

Re: 2015/16 Prediction League; Game 27 v Portsmouth FC (home)

2-1 to the Stanley please.
Old 15-01-2016, 01:28   #17
Full Member+

Stanley 2 Portsmouth 2 please.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 15:22   #18
Senior Member+

1-1 please
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 21:30   #19
Senior Member+

3-2 Stanley hopefully ....
Old 15-01-2016, 22:22   #20
God Member

4.4 please
Old 16-01-2016, 05:39   #21
Senior Member+

Stanley 1 Pompy 0 please
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 07:34   #22
God Member

1-1 ta
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 08:56   #23
God Member

Stanley 2 snakes 2
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 09:52   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
I predict that I'll get as far as Preston before it's off this time

However if it's on then 2 1 Accy
I must be due some points for this as I'd left Carlisle and it was off by penrith
AccyMad and Chimer like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 16:17   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
4.4 please
A Double Desmond!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 21:53   #26
Senior Member+

Bump!

So, let's have a look at today, shall we?

Top seven all took a point or three; 8th - 11th all lost (Leyton Orient, Mansfield, Wycombe and Carlisle, who got a right smacking by the Cobblers) ....of the top seven, Northants, Pompey, and BrizzleRov won, the other four (Oxford, Plymouth, Us and the Wombles) drew with each other ........ Unluckiest side on the day must gave been us - our GK sent off "for handling the ball", according to one report I read, and what would have been the winning goal chalked off because the ref had blown for half time before it hit the back of the net .......... Where's the goal line technology when you want it? Where's Clive Thomas when you need him?

I thought Coley took it very well;

"I'm delighted with the way we played but sometimes the luck doesn't go with you.

"I've never seen anything like it happen [the disallowed goal] in all my 46 years playing and managing.

"He blew as the ball was on its way into the net. You can't account for that. Everyone in the ground is flabbergasted. Referees make mistakes because they're only human and that's what makes the game of football so special because you have talking points and arguments."

But my goodness, it's tight at the top; Exeter in 14th are on 48 points with 11 left to play; that's 5 points (and a few goals) outside the play-off places ............nobody's safely there yet, although you'd stick a few quid on Northants and Oxford, I suspect, and wonder if Plymouth's wheels are coming off their Hoe, so to speak; 3 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats in their last 10; 13 points out of 30? Not going to be good enough, maybe .....?

Pompey, for the statisticians, have kept 11 clean sheets over the season (which is good), but have failed to score 12 times (which isn't); they've also had 6 goal-less draws, 5 of those being at home and one (Crawley) away. Looking at the top ten, Pompey have taken 17 points from the 12 games they've played against those teams so far (beating Brizzle twice, Northants and Plymouth, drawing with Oxford, us, the Wombles, Wycombe and Mansfield, and losing to Oxford once and Leyton Orient twice), and still have to play us, Plymouth, Wycombe, Northants, Mansfield and the Wombles

MF James Dunne (29) who arrived via Exeter and Stevenage, mutuallyconsented and signed for Cambridge; GK Paul Doo Wah Diddy Diddy Jones (29) has gone back to Crawley (from whence he came from) on loan, and striker Matt Tubbs, now 31, who once cost Bournemouth £800,000 but currently can't get a game at Chez Chimer (scored 5 in 16 games this season) is now out on loan at Eastleigh, who are currently in 19th place in the Conference, 7 points off the play-offs ............... Michael Smith (think "hat-trick for us against Gillingham in Leam's first game in charge") has joined Pompey on loan from Swindon ...................... Kal's played nine (five as sub); Pompey didn't lose until the 10th League game of the season; and their last 8 games have finished with 3 wins (including today), two draws and 3 defeats ............. 11 points from 8 games; again, might not be good enough ....... 14 draws is 8 or 9 too many perhaps, and 16 dropped points might well be something you'd rue over the summer , while you're checking out the way to Forest Green or Cheltenham

Leading scorers for them are striker Mark McNulty (23), on loan from the Blades, and winger Gareth Evans (27) - Crewe, Macclesfield, Bratfud, the Millers and Fleetwood, each with 8 ............ our own Billy Whizz, of course, has fourteen and a half ............

"Oh, and if at first you don't succeed try, try, again. Or in Dagenham's case try another 20 times. Marooned at the bottom of the Football League and without a home win in all competitions since April 2015, the Daggers looked doomed this morning. However, a 1-0 victory over second-bottom York has at least ended their near 11-month home hoodoo.

The bad news is 22nd placed Hartlepool won at Barnet meaning John Still's men remain seven points adrift of safety".

Everything still to play for, n'est-ce pas? Oh, and incidentally, Lads - two games without scoring is plenty, thank you ............. can we start putting the ball in the net again - preferably BEFORE the Ref blows up?

If you want to change your January guess, please feel free; if you don't that's fine too ......Good luck to everybody ............ Keep the Faith! ........ and thanks for playing!

Last edited by Div3North; 05-03-2016 at 21:56.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:04   #27
God Member

Stanley 1 Portsmouth vipers 0
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 13:51   #28
Senior Member+

changing mine to 2-1 for Stanley please. Hope Kal and Gary Roberts don't come back to haunt us.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 15:42   #29
Full Member+

Accrington Stanley 1-0 Portsmouth
accytom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 16:14   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

1-0 stanley fer me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..