Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2016, 22:15   #1
Senior Member+

2015/16 Prediction League; Game 39 v Newport County (away)

Newport County

V

Accrington Stanley

2015/16 Prediction League; Game 39 v Newport County (away)

This week’s starter for 10; there’s only one English team which has scored in every single home league game this season; which team is it?

The Exiles are currently 17th on 41 points; they won’t go up and they won’t go down; they’re 6 points behind Crawley, one ahead of Morecambe and Notts County (who haven’t sacked last week’s manager as yet ......) and two ahead of Yeovil and Hartlepool. Hartlepool did us a favour on Friday, beating the Wombles, and Stevenage did us a real turn by costing Oxford two points at the Manor Ground with a half-Desmond .............. Brizzle soldier on; they’ve won their last 6 on the bounce (Hartlepool 4-1, Notts Co 2-0, Wombles 3-1, Mansfield 1-0, Newport 4-1 and Cambridge 3-0), scoring 17 and conceding 3, and their run-in includes Northampton (away) and four of the bottom five – which may or may not be a good thing, depending on who’s given up the ghost by then! We, on the other hand, have taken 10 points out of 12, beating 4th placed Plymouth, 8th place Leyton Orient and a desperate Daggers team (10 points and some goals from safety with 8 to play), and drawing with 7th placed Wycombe .............

Newport, by all accounts, were unlucky – as we were, it’s said – to lose to Northampton; Manager Warren Feeney said, modestly;

• "I'm gutted for the players because I don't think you'll see another team come against the champions - they'll win the League easily - and outplay them like that, like we did ..... we didn't track a runner for the goal - but apart from that I thought we had the best chances of the game.”

Their last 6 have given them 2 wins (3-0 at Pompey and 1-0 against Wycombe), one draw (a zero-Desmond against Hartlepool), and three defeats – 3-0 at home to Barnet, 4-1 (also at home) to BrizzleRov, and 1-0 at the Cobblers) ......... their overall record is P38 W10 D11 L17 GF40 GA54 – the rest of the wins being 3 at home (Mansfield 1-0, Carlisle 1-0, and Luton 3-0), and five away (Morecambe by 2-1, York (1-0), BrizzleR (4-1),Wycombe (2-0) and Carlisle (1-0)); two defeats of Carlisle, two of Wycombe, a 4-1 win and a 4-1 defeat against BrizzleR, and eight clean sheets in ten games; they’ve kept 12 clean sheets overall, but failed to score 15 times .............

By the time we played them chez nous on 14th November they were already out of the Carling (1-2 at Wolves) and the PaintyThingy (7-6 on penalties to Swindon after a 1-1); they beat Brackley Town in the FA Cup 4-1 at home after an away-Desmond, then beat Barnet 1-0 away, before losing 2-1 at home to Blackburn in Round 3. The first meeting of this season finished 2-2 (our goals coming from Billy Whizz and Matt Crookes), meaning that we haven’t beaten them since they got back in the League; three draws (2-2 and 3-3 at ours, 1-1 at theirs) and two losses (4-1 at theirs and 0-2 at ours) ..............Time that changed, lads! We’ll not go up if we keep going down, if you see what I mean ..............

Some changes in personnel; five arrived on loan in January, including Plymouth forward Deane Smalley and PNE defender Ben Davies; forward Aaron Collins left Newport for Wolves; CB Regan Poole (17) signed for Man U; winger Jake Gosling (22) – once with Exeter, and a Gibraltar international whose major contribution so far seems to have been conceding a penalty against Germany – arrived on loan from BrizzleRov (he’s also Gibraltar’s all-time leading scorer with two, one against Estonia, and a consolation goal in an 8-1 defeat by Poland) ............ MF Tommy O’Sullivan joined – also on loan – from Cardiff; and very recently (Thursday) forward Souleymane Coulibaly (21) – a Spurs Youth player in his time – signed (on loan) from the Posh – but he’s unlikely to trouble us because it appears that they haven’t managed to get him registered, on account of FIFA being shut for Easter! You couldn’t make it up, could you?

They’ve managed 50 goals altogether in 44 games – 40 in the League, 10 in the Cups; leading scorers are 26-year old striker Scott Boden (Chesterfield, Macclesfield and Halifax) with 15 (but only 1 in the last three months); Lenell John-Lewis (also 26, and previously of Lincoln, Bury and Grimsby) with 5 and MF Alex Rodman (29), who’s been around the non-League scene for 10 years before joining Newport in 2015, with 4 ...............

Deadline for entries is, as always, scheduled kick-off time, which is 3.00pm on Easter Monday, 28th March (or 2.00pm if you forgot to put back your clocks!) This really, really, really, needs to be our first League win, breaking their hoodoo and keeping up our charge up the table ........ like quite a few, I don’t think I could cope with the Playoffs!

Oh, and the team that’s scored in every home League game is ..........us!

Good luck to everybody! ............ Keep the Faith! .......... And thanks for playing!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-03-2016, 22:25   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: 2015/16 Prediction League; Game 39 v Newport County (away)

2-0 to the Stanley please D3N.
Old 27-03-2016, 07:29   #4
God Member

2 - 1 to Stanley please
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 07:31   #5

2 1 to Stanley please
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 07:55   #6
I am Banned

P-P pitch doesn't look like the game will be on, poor weather and 2 rugby games on their pitch it doesn't look good
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 08:09   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

2-1 stanley fer me.
Old 27-03-2016, 08:11   #8

Another nervous 1-0 to Stanley
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 09:30   #9
Senior Member+

If the game is played, I fancy a draw, so on that premise, will say another 1-0 win for Stanley.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 11:40   #10
Senior Member+

1-0 Accy, please.
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 11:55   #11
Senior Member+

1-1
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 15:50   #12

Newport 0 Stanley 2 please
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 17:31   #13
Senior Member+

1-1 please.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 18:54   #14
Junior Member+

County 2 Stanley 0 please, if the rugby ground staff can be bothered in trying to get it on.

Luckily the weather has been good today, but any major downpours tonight or tomorrow morning, stay at home if you're planning on travelling. It won't take much rain for that so called pitch to resemble a swamp with the drainage we've got or should've had.

Dry at the moment will update you in morning what it's like then.
ncfc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 19:36   #15
Super Moderator

1-0 to the Stanley please.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..