Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2016, 23:01   #1
Senior Member+

2015/16 Prediction League; Game 45 v Wycombe Wanderers (away)

Wycombe Wanderers

V

Accrington Stanley

2015/16 Prediction League; Game 45 v Wycombe (away)

Thank you, York, for last Tuesday, when you stopped Pompey in their tracks; sorry it was us who sent you down (but no-one goes down because of one game) .........Thank you already-gone Dagenham, for a stunning win that took three points off Plymouth; sorry you’re down as well .............

If you look for the form team of the moment, look no further than us; last 10 games, W7 D3 (24 points) .............next of the Top 8 are Brizzle (7-2-1 = 23 points); Pompey and the Wombles are joint third (6-1-3 = 19 points); Wombles have won their last 5; then it’s Northampton (W4 D6 = 18 points); actually, their last six have shown one win and 5 draws, and their last 12 have shown 4 wins and eight draws ......not counting a 3-0 defeat by (now relegated) MK Dons (after a Desmond) in the FA Cup Round 3, the Cobblers last defeat was by 2-1 at home to Pompey on 19th December, and their 22 game unbeaten streak started with a 1-0 against us which, it was said, was unjust to us .......to finish off the Form Table, 6th are Oxford (W4 D4 L2 = 16 points) and 7th are Plymouth (W4 D1 L5 = 13 points) .................. when the Cobblers beat us, the table read Plymouth 49, Northampton 46, Oxford 45 and Pompey 41 ..........we were 8th (36 points from 21 games)

Banana Skin Time it was, is and still will be (look at the freak – or were they? – results, and the records of the Big Boys as shown above) ..........and Banana Skins there still are; Tuesday has the Wombles v Portsmouth (who fancies a draw?); next Saturday has Plymouth at Carlisle (unbeaten in their last 6 (W3 D3, and not a game I’d necessarily fancy) and technically still in the hunt for seventh, but only just), Pompey at Hartlepool and Brizzle at York (as well as us at Wycombe, who now have nothing to play for); the Final Saturday has Oxford v Wycombe, Plymouth v Hartlepool and Pompey v Northampton, as well as us against Stevenage and Brizzle against Dagenham ........ who wants to call that? Are Oxford, Plymouth and Pompey dead certs for 3 points there? I do know I’d rather have the points already than need to overhaul the team that has them .......... Pompey, on paper, can catch us; we can “safely” drop 3 points to Plymouth, so it’s Oxford and BrizzleRov we need to watch most closely .......... or, to put that another way, if we win our last two, we’re up, regardless of what anyone else does, and playing, among other, Bolton, Charlton and the MK Dons!

Wycombe have two games still to play (us and Oxford), but nothing to play for; best they can do is 70 points, and seventh placed Wimbledon already have 71 ....... their record so far this season is P44 W17 D13 L14 GF 45 GA40 for 64 points (ahead of Carlisle on GD) and 9th place ................. the game which should have happened between us in December actually took place on 16th March, and ended 1-1, Shay McCartan scoring on 45 + 2, and Garry Thompson (35, ex Morecambe, Scunthorpe, Bradford and Notts Co) equalising on 62 ....... our head-to-head is even-stevens (W4 D7 L4); indeed, the last five League games have all ended in a draw, and neither side has ever scored more than two in a game ............ their “goals for” column shows 45 in 44 League games, and 7 in 6 Cup ties (they went out in Round One of both the Carling and the PaintyThingy, but made Round 3 of the FA Cup, losing in a replay to Aston Villa (see “relegated” above); thus, 52 goals in 50 games, and their leading scorers are Michael Harriman (see below) and Garry Thompson (see above), each with 8, and Paul Hayes and Luke O’Nien, each with 5

They ProperSigned Michael Harriman from QPR, he having been at Adams Park on loan twice, as well as St Albans, Gillingham and Luton ..... they released forward Jason Banton (who signed for Notts County), and GK Matt Ingram signed for Jimmy Floyd Hasselhoff at QPR ........they loaned out striker Aaron Holloway to Oldham, and LoanSigned in Millwall forward Paris Cowan-Hall, Cherries GK Ryan Allsop, Reading forward Rowan Liburd, and – very recently – striker Jerell Sellars (20) and Swiss Youth international GK Benjamin Siegrist (24), both from Aston Villa (see “relegated”, above)

Deadline for entries is, as always, scheduled kick-off time, which is 3.00pm on Saturday 30th April ............. Northants are Champs; four teams – technically, five, counting Pompey – could still get the other two playoff spots (us – max possible points 87, Oxford (86), Brizzle (85), Plymouth (83) and Pompey (81)), but are guaranteed - Pompey by at least GD over Cambridge - at least the play-offs; 7th place is Wimbledon if they get 2 more points ........... Last time (which sounds better than “the only time”) we reached the play-offs we got 73 goals and 73 points .... after 44 games of this season we’ve got 73 goals again, but 81 points – our best tally since ..................???? Anyone? I don’t think I dare to look at the scores this Saturday .....or next! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Good luck to everyone! ......... Keep the Faith! ................... And thanks for playing!

Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-04-2016, 23:17   #2
Senior Member+

Re: 2015/16 Prediction League; Game 45 v Wycombe Wanderers (away)

It's Oxford going to Carlisle next Saturday, Boss - c'mon Carlisle, you've cost us 5 points this season, even things up a bit ....
Old 24-04-2016, 00:03   #3
Full Member+

Wycombe 1 Stanley dare i say 2?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2016, 00:07   #4
Senior Member+

Correctly spotted .... You win "I was first to see the deliberate mistake" for this week!

That's what you get for using a PC, a laptop and an IPad, and mis-reading your notes! John Motson wouldn't gave done that!

Old 24-04-2016, 07:48   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

1-0 Stanley for me, tough but do-able imho
Old 24-04-2016, 09:39   #6

Wycombe 1 Stanley 2 please
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2016, 11:30   #8
God Member

1 nil win for Stanley & (another) very nervy 90 minutes for the fans
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2016, 15:06   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
It's Oxford going to Carlisle next Saturday, Boss - c'mon Carlisle, you've cost us 5 points this season, even things up a bit ....
Looking at it again, I was actually intending to refer to Cambridge (unbeaten in 6 and just still in with a playoff shout) v Plymouth!

Still got it wrong even so!

Old 24-04-2016, 15:41   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

2-1 to the Stanley please D3N.
Old 24-04-2016, 16:53   #11
God Member

1 all draw again. method here as the last 3 away games I,ve put a draw we,ve won. I,ll try anything.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2016, 20:29   #12

2-0 win for Stanley please
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2016, 08:48   #13
Full Member+

Wycombe 1 - 2 Stanley please D3N.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2016, 08:49   #14

1-0 Stanley
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2016, 08:54   #15
I am Banned

1-2 stanley
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..