Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2016, 10:39   #31
Full Member+

Re: 2015/16 Prediction League; Game 46 v Stevenage FC (home)

Accrington Stanley 4-0 Stevenage please and League 1 football as well 😃
accytom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2016, 11:30   #32

2-1 to Stanley please
angeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:33   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
thanks guys for running this again it's broken any form of marital bliss
Hey, listen - we're responsible for many things, me and The Boss, but we ain't responsible for that!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:34   #34
Senior Member+

Stanley 3-0

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 17:10   #35
Senior Member+

Cashy Holds On To Take Title As Stanley Falter

Last year, the Top 5 in the Prediction League all took maximums on the last game to ensure the season ended with absolutely no change at the top of the table. This year, the Top 5 all took zip to ensure the season ended with absolutely no change at the top of the table, leaving Cashman as our winner on 104 points , just one clear of Leylandii and Sparkie who remain locked together in second and inseparable by the existing countback rules (but see below ). The only changes in the Top Ten saw Accymad and MikeA climb from 9th and 10th to 6th and 7th by correctly forecasting yet another clean sheet for Ross and picking up a bonus point.

Nobody took a maximum, 5 fence-sitters or reverse psychologists went for score draws so took 3 points to (mostly) improve their mid-table mediocrity . I’m sure they would rather not have, so take an embarrassed bow Monkey Hanger, Stevie R, Football19, Kiwi John and Norwich Stanley. Nobody thought we wouldn’t score, so the only other points went to those who joined Accymad and Mike in their faith in Ross. And nobody thought we would lose, not that that matters .

Accymad (aka Mystic Meg) in 6th takes the crown for most spot-ons, with 10 for the season . Her nearest challenger was F19 with 8. Best average points per game goes to Maccawozzagod (P1, W1, D0, L0, Pts 5) thus averaging perfection (perhaps the booger will play properly next year, but I know after 4 years of “P1” that he just does it to annoy me and use up disk space ). Cashy’s average of 2.26 was the best of the regulars, so perhaps AngeB (average 2.24) might not have retained the title even if she had managed to get into the house the day of the Crawley game .

Respect to those who played every game without resorting to defaults: that’s just AccyMad and NigeB this year, with Ange and Monkey Hanger each missing only one. Though of course there may be those who did put an entry in every week and had their defaults “just in case” – too hard to track that .

We always get a few players from other clubs but only ncfc1 played both relevant games – Morecambe Red inexplicably failing to play when they beat us second game of the season (which was annoying at the time but a bit critical when you look at the real table today). Newport County produced a second entrant called Accy Mad which almost caused confusion, and MeganBee completed the rollcall of outsiders.

A few people played regularly for a long time then stopped, some of whom have played for several years. There could be many reasons for this, including becoming pee’d off at the weekly drivel , but I hope they are all still well: Bdc, Mysteron, Redash, Shurm, Teach, VamboOssy and Yerself I’m thinking of you.

I am publishing the final table with the break coming so the true regulars who have played 38 times or more (36 of us) are in the first section. Of those in the second section, only Jim Procter played this last game, his first, becoming our 57th player, gaining a point and leaping above 3 others into 51st equal.

Now the regular Prediction League has run its course, but Stanley’s season unfortunately hasn’t . So if both our tied second placers want to, and say so on this thread by say Wednesday midnight , I’ll dream up some rules so they can play off against one another using Stanley’s games against the Wombles. But unless both opt in, a tie it will remain. Let's be hearing from you, Sparkie and Leylandii.

So – deep breath – roll on the Wombles followed by the Navy. We’re on our way to Wembley – surely? On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL Pt 1 - 7 May 16.doc (88.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: doc SPL Pt 2 - 7 May 16.doc (62.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-05-2016, 17:28   #36
God Member

Yeah! I got a crown �� May change my user name next season 'Queen Mystic Meg' has a nice ring!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 18:11   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

First @ Second Heh? One hell of a family, is all i can say.
Old 09-05-2016, 19:45   #38

Thanks again to both of you for running this
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:56   #39
Full Member+

First and second! As you say - one hell of a family!
Leylandii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:35   #40
Full Member+

I'm quite happy with the "tied for second place" situation but maybe you and D3N can dream up something for the two legs so that everyone can have a go.
King Arthur said to Sir Lancelot "come forth" but he came fifth and won a teapot.
Leylandii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:06   #41

Congratulations Cashy and well done guys for another season of fun
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:23   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leylandii View Post
I'm quite happy with the "tied for second place" situation but maybe you and D3N can dream up something for the two legs so that everyone can have a go.
King Arthur said to Sir Lancelot "come forth" but he came fifth and won a teapot.
Wot u reckon boss?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..