Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2017, 23:23   #1
Senior Member+

2016/17 Prediction League; Game 27 v Notts Count (home)

Accrington Stanley

V

Notts County

2016/17 Prediction League; Game 27 v Notts Co (home)

O’Sullivan to Carlisle, and Rhino to Tranmere, having played just four times for Pompey since he jumped ship ..............

So ............. while the cats were away at Middlesbrough in the Cup (“the visitors rarely threatened”, according to the BBC), the mice had a nibble at the League table; Notts County beat Crawley 2-1 and Newport beat Hartlepool 3-1, Crewe and Cheltenham drew 1 each a-piece all round, and Leyton Orient alone of our rivals for relegation obliged us, by losing 2-0 at the Stags ............then on Tuesday Cheltenham won 3-2 at Luton, and lo and behold we’re down to 21st again, with a record that reads P26 W6 D8 L12 GF24 GA35 and 26 points ............Notts County are below us with 26 from 28, Orient have 25 from 27 and Newport have 22 from 27; Cheltenham and Crewe each have 28 points, from 28 and 29 games respectively .........Notts County have W7 D5 and L16, scored 30 and conceded 51, but their 26 points are trumped by our less-bad GD, and we’ve got two games in hand – and a fat lot of good may that do us! Their GA column does them no favours, being the worst in the Division (Hartlepool have shipped 47, and Newport and Stevenage (despite their 13 new signings so far) have conceded 46 each ..............our GA isn’t that bad at 35 (11 have let more in than that, and Yeovil have the same number), but our GF – at 24 – is two worse than Crewe, with Oldham (16) and Coventry (23) in League One “bettering” our total scored (is there such a word as “worsering”?), and Wigan (also 24) in the Championship equalling it ........and they’re still all in the relegation spots!

We beat the County 2-0 at their place on 10th September (O’Sullivan of Carlisle scoring the first and Boco of the Wham the second) ...........five weeks after that, may I remind you all, we were in the playoff spots with a 2-1 win over Blackpool, and 19 points from 13 ...so the mathematicians will quickly see that we’ve taken seven points from our last 13. Actually, if you look at the “Dodgy Last Five”, Cheltenham have taken 10 points from their last 10, Orient 7/10 (but have lost four in a row), we have 6/10, Newport have 5/10 (but haven’t lost in their last three) and Notts Co have 4/10 .......... Five of their seven League wins have come away from home (Hartlepool 2-1, Crawley 3-1, Cheltenham 3-2, Exeter 2-0 and Pompey 2-1) with two at home – Leyton O 3-1, and Saturday’s victory over Crawley 2-1 .......... apart from the recent Crawley win, their last League success was 22nd October, and was the culmination of a run that actually saw them hit 6th, with 21 points from 14 games ......... “sic transit Gloria Swanson”, as My Old Granny used to say!

Their New Manager is Kevin Nolan, now registered as a player again; their New Owner as from late January is Alan Hardy – who wrote “Far From The Madding Crowd”, you’ll remember (a Lancashire Comedy) – and, following the lifting of their transfer embargo in late January - they were signing folk hand over fist, mostly on loan; defender Marc Bola (Arsenal), MF Jorge Grant (Notts Forest), defender Josh Clackstone (Hull), and forward Tahvon Campbell (The Baggies) joined ProperSigning Mark Yeates (Blackpool) into the club, it was rumoured they were in for Carlton Cole (which they weren’t), and ex Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi (35), who played with Kevin Nolan at Newcastle and was most recently at Fleetwood, is on trial at Meadow Lane (how embarrassing is that – “on trial” at his age!)

And hands up if you knew that York City are now propping up the Conference with 5 wins from 30 played ...........

On paper this is winnable, so we probably won’t, even though we need to; while reports of our impending demise are exaggerated, it’s never too early to start panicking .............. And I can’t tell you how pleased I am that Rangers didn’t pocket £3million for Josh McWindass after reportedly only coughing up £60k to us when they signed him #backtoharrogaterailwayathletic

Deadline for entries is, as always, scheduled kick off time, which is 3.00pm this Saturday, 4th February ...........we’re not the form team, certainly – that’s Exeter (26 points from10), Donnie (25/10), Colchester (23/10) and Wycombe (21/10) – but then, promotion may perhaps not be a viable task this season anyway; I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’ll settle for Not Going Down ...........

Good luck to everyone! .......... Keep the Faith! ........... And thanks for playing!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2017, 01:04   #3
Full Member+

Re: 2016/17 Prediction League; Game 27 v Notts Count (home)

Stanley 1 Notts County 0 please.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:02   #4
Super Moderator

3-1 to the Stanley please.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:30   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

2-1 to the Stanley please D3N.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:01   #6
God Member

I'm hoping we throw everything but the kitchen sink at 'em . . . . . . 3 nil to Stanley please
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:05   #7
Senior Member+

2-0 Stanley, please
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:56   #8
God Member

3-1 to stanley.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:09   #9

A hopeful 4. 1 for Stanley please
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:27   #10
Full Member+

Stanley 1 - 2 Notts County please D3N.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:49   #11

2-1 to Stanley please
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:26   #12
Senior Member+

Stanley 3 Magpies 1 please D3N.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 14:41   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm hoping we throw everything but the kitchen sink at 'em . . . . . .
I think you should know that it is actually a criminal offence to throw a kitchen sink onto a football pitch, punishable by up to 200 hours of Unpaid Washing Up

AccyMad likes this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 15:58   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
I think you should know that it is actually a criminal offence to throw a kitchen sink onto a football pitch, punishable by up to 200 hours of Unpaid Washing Up

Not easy when the sink's just a few yards from the Whinney
Hill stand!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 16:03   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post

Yes, but I did say everything BUT the kitchen sink so should be ok - I'll take me marigolds tomorrow just in case
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..