Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2017, 10:38   #31

Re: 2016/17 Prediction League; Game 46 v Stevenage (away)

Sweet revenge would be nice so maybe we can do unto them what they did to us ! still for me 2-1 to Stanley . Enjoy the summer all.Look forward to next season.
Proccy fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-05-2017, 11:31   #32
Senior Member+

Stevenage 2 Stanley 3

Thank you all for playing, and for those (few) who responded to the market research
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 15:10   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

2-0 Stanley
Old 06-05-2017, 15:51   #34
Senior Member+

Heart or head... it's bloody satanage...heart 2-1 Stanley and thank you chaps for doing this again this year please don't give it up your comments have been brilliant.
Have a great Summer
Nige
Old 08-05-2017, 15:58   #35
Senior Member+

AccyMad’s Heart Ensures Her Head Wears The Crown

“McCartan tricks his way into the right side of the box – squares it to Kee – who buries the ball, Stevenage’s lingering playoff chances and Kiwi John’s hopes of stealing the Accy-Web Prediction League Title at the death! AccyMad is home and hosed, AngeB prepares to hand over the non-existent trophy, and the league organisers will have to consider the necessity to run a separate men’s table next year to give the blokes a chance again ……..”

Or something like that anyway. The majority of our players thought we would right last year’s wrong with a win to end the season, 18 faithful against 6 going for the old enemy and 5 on the fence . 9 of the 18 getting a bonus point for our clean sheet, 2 getting one for our 3 goals, thanks to the ref’s highly doubtful last minute second penalty decision , and just 1 picking up a maxi. Now who was that? Ooooh, it was me !! And I was there to see it !

A four-point swing was on the cards once the bids were in , and a four-point swing duly arrived , but swung in the direction of the Northern hemisphere , leaving AccyMad 6 points clear at the top of the final table. Kiwi was always safe in second, starting 5 points and 3 maxis ahead of Mab. That gap closed to 2, and Mab’s 3 points were enough to keep MikeA off the podium, although Mike’s bonus point meant this was only on countback, 4 maxis to 3. Leylandii must have forgotten his password , as a total lack of entry dropped him from 4th, ahead of Mike on countback, to 6th, DaveinGermany also squeezing past him to take 5th.

In the lower half of the Top Ten, lack of a bonus point dropped Tommy McQueen from 7th to 9th, with Div3North and Cashman moving up into 7th and 8th respectively, whilst Ossy Kid hung on to the last place. Further down, there was a bit of chopping and changing, but the only significant moves came from Ferret Man, scoring 4 points with his first ever entry (welcome!) and leaping into the table in 37th=, and NJSP, scoring 3 with his second go and making it to 39th=, out of, eventually, 47.

Speaking of last week, which we weren’t, if anybody has seen my weekly drivel for last week attached to some random thread, please let me know . I’m sure I drafted it , and almost sure I posted it , but I’m boogered if I can find it anywhere . It should have been wittering on about us being down to a two-horse race, and welcoming NJSP and also Rowlf, who didn’t return this week.

Other asides – as predicted ncfc1 was top of the percentage league, averaging 4.5 points per game (over 2 games ) …… Ferret Man’s late challenge took him to 4 from 1, equal with he who’s daft user name I am not going to type again …… of those who played at all regularly, AccyMad’s average of 1.91 over 46 saw off everybody else including Kiwi who was 1.86 over 44. Tommy McQueen averaged 1.80, which would have seen him 3rd if he’d kept it up over the full 46 games rather than just 41. Cashy would also have been a couple of places higher.

Apart from AccyMad, teacher’s gold stars for unblemished attendance go to MikeA, Div3North, NigeB, Monkey Hanger, Accybeme, Stevie R and Outback Ozzy. Thankfully few teacher’s raspberries for taking up space in the table by playing once then disappearing, with particular thanks to previously habitual offender Maccawozzagod for not doing that this year.

The selfless dedication to the cause award goes to Accybeme whose 16 successive forecasts of black defeat produced Stanley’s record 15 match unbeaten run and dropped ABM from 1st to 20th in our table, before recovering to finish 18th as the wheels came off at Newport. Relieved from superstitious responsibility, he got the margin right for the final game, though unfortunately we didn’t see the forecast 7-4 thriller .

And finally …… AccyMad was 9 points behind Kiwi when the unbeaten run started. Which just goes to show, faith conquers everything .

Roll on August, roll on whoever. Thanks for playing! On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Final Table, 2016-17.doc (90.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 08-05-2017, 16:26   #36
God Member

Thank you Chimer, I will take a hypothetical bow (or curtsey) while I await the delivery of the hypothetical trophy �� from Ange B - who says women don't know anything about football
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my family for supporting me in everything, I wouldn't be where I am today but for them, my agent for her unerring faith - what, it's not the Oscars???
Oh well, I'm still chuffed to bits to win - had fun playing along & it's good to know that my red tinted glasses have paid off
Thanks to the two of you for running this, it must take a lot if work & it's much appreciated - hope you carry it on next season.
See ya in August
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 18:47   #37
Senior Member+

Well done AccyMad .......

Girl Power!

AccyMad likes this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 18:52   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Ta very much fer doing this once again Chimer n hope yeh have a great summer, and well done Di or should i say Champ.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 11-05-2017, 00:44   #39
God Member

Good onya Accy Mad. So pleased you won it with your positiveness.
AccyMad likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:05   #40
God Member

Thanks Kiwi, some call it positiveness - others just being blinkered or sheer bloody mindedness
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..