Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2017, 19:15   #1
Senior Member+

2016/17 Prediction League; Game 46 v Stevenage (away)

Stevenage

V

Accrington Stanley

2016/17 Prediction League; Game 46 v Stevenage (away)

I rather suspect that the Good Burghers of Eboracum (York to you) – not to be confused with Eeebygummburrit’scawd – are sticking bodkins in wax effigies of Guiseley’s LB Danny Lowe, whose 90th minute header from a long throw went over the Solihull Moors keeper Nathan Baxter and into the net ............ Guiseley salvaged a point .........and York’s Desmond at home to Forest Green was too little too late ........... and for the second successive year York are relegated, this time alongside North Ferriby, Southport (who held Lincoln to a draw) and Braintree ...... Wobbly Torquay finished 17th, but only 3 points from safety, and York now join the likes of Stockport, Darlington in its most recent guise, Boston Utd and Bradford PA (plus the three who don’t win the playoffs) in the 6th Tier ................

Port Vale are down to League Two, a goal-less Desmond at Fleetwood not being enough to Trump (in any of its possible meanings) Gillingham’s goal-less Desmond at the Cobblers, and they’ll join Coventry, Chesterfield and Swindon in the Basement; Conference playoffs are Tranmere, Forest Green, the Daggers and Aldershot (place your bets!) for the 24th place in next season’s Div2 .........

And what was 1-4 at home to Luton all about? And Cheltenham v Hartlepool finished with Cheltenham having one shot (on goal) and Hartlepool having 0 shots (not on goal) ............ and Leyton Orient v Colchester finished 1-3, the game starting at 3.00pm and finishing somewhere around 6.50, the final 8 minutes or so being played behind closed doors after the club and the Police emptied the stadium of the vox populi by the simple ruse of announcing the game had been abandoned, and then playing on to empty terraces and stands when the fans had all got the bus back home ............. Love it!

Stevenage, meantime, drew 1-1 at Yeovil, which meant they dropped to 8th (and out of the playoff places) courtesy of Carlisle’s comeback 2-1 win over Newport ............... that means that if we beat them they can’t get back in the playoffs to join Luton, Exeter, and (technically) two from five not counting them ........ Newport host Notts County (who’ve won one and drawn one of their last four) while Hartlepool host Donnie (85 points), who – by virtue of losing three in a row – are now second behind Plymouth (86) ............ Plymouth are at Grimsby, and Pompey – on 84 – host Cheltenham, but have the best GD of the top three ...........and that is the end of the news, and there now follows the Shipping Forecast .....................

Stevenage, whose manager is ................... anybody? ............. Darren Sarll ............... only ProperSigned three players after the season began, they being South African LB Kgosi Ntihe from the Posh, GK Callum Preston from Altrincham (who finished bottom of the Conference North), and DM Jack King from the Iron ............. in the January Window they LoanSigned four – strikers Josh McQuoid from Luton and Ryan Loft from Spurs, who teamed up at the Lamex with fellow Hotspur Connor Ogilvie (not related to Angus as far as I know), and finally “second striker” (the one who can’t be offside because the other striker’s always nearer the keeper than he is!) Kaylen Hinds from Arsenal ..............

At the moment, as mentioned, Stevenage are 8th (mwwwahahahahahaha), their record reading P45 W20 D7 L18 GF67 GA60 for 67 points ........... they’re behind Blackpool on GD (+21 plays +7) and a point behind Carlisle (whose GD is zero) ............... interestingly, their last five games have finished LLDLD – losing 1-0 at home to Mansfield, 1-0 at home to Morecambe, and 4-0 at Colchester, and taking a point off Yeovil (1-1 away) and another point away to Carlisle (by the same score); P5 D2 L3 GF2 GA8 Pts2 .......... and they’ll be watching over their shoulders how Blackpool get on at home to Orient and Carlisle – the only other team they can catch – fare at Exeter ............but if Carlisle stumble and Stevenage only manage a point, say, against us, they can still be passed by Cambridge or Wycombe (who meet at Adams Park), or Colchester (who host Yeovil, and who have one of the best home records of the season) ......... Lots still happening, then ...........

Hands up who wants to StuffStevenage?

Mr Sarll said

“We stuck to our principles, we came to Yeovil (good move, since that’s who you were playing), we passed the ball, we played in the correct fashion and very offensively. We just couldn’t force it over the line.”

No need to be offensive, I’d have said. His view of Saturday coming is:

• “We are very determined”

And so say all of us, My Son

Their chief scorers are strikers Matt Godden (21) and Ben Kennedy (9), followed by MFs Tom Pett and Steven Schumacher (once of Fleetwood), who each have 6 ................their 67 League goals total is joint fifth best (with Luton); their Goals Against column puts them second-worst among the top 13 sides (which includes us!) – only Carlisle having let more in .........

And so another season draws to its conclusion, and that’s the 322nd thread-opener I’ve done ..................which means my mate Chimer has done 322 post-match summaries (and made me laugh pretty much every week!) Thank you from me and Him for playing for so long .......... and may we do a little market research? Chimer – thanks for everything Chris – has mentioned a few times this season that our PL membership seems to be dwindling (after the Newport game there were only nine people who’d entered every week of the 44, and eleven more whose predictions were in the 40s) .............and the market research is this; have we reached a natural ending as a competition? Have you had enough? Are you bored? Or do people want to carry on, and hope that more may come back or join up, so that we thrive again ..........................Or, musically, “do we go or do we stay”?

Deadline for entries is, as always, scheduled kick-off time, which is 5.30pm on Saturday 6th May (bet you thought I’d put 3.00pm, didn’t you?) ................... and if it is adieu and not au revoir, then thank you for the craic, and bless you all!

Good luck to everyone! ................ Keep the Faith! ..............And thanks for playing!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2017, 19:51   #2
Junior Member+

Re: 2016/17 Prediction League; Game 46 v Stevenage (away)

1/2 to Stanley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NJSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 21:46   #3
Senior Member+

2-0 Satanage-hope not though, would like to do Blackpool a favour for once.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:51   #4
I am Banned

1-1
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:52   #5
God Member

We all know how they will set up, park the bus & try to stop us scoring , well i'm hoping they have last game jitters like we had last year . . . . . . so, 1 - 0 to Stanley please
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:06   #6
Senior Member+

4-0 to Stanley, please. And thanks for the pre-match summaries and to Chris for doing the more techy stuff.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:50   #7
God Member

go out with a 2-1 stanley win.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:03   #8
Super Moderator

2-0 to the Stanley please.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:53   #9

1 0 win for Stanley. Thanks for the time and effort with the prediction league, the previews are a great read, keep it going!
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:57   #10
Senior Member+

4-0 to Stevenage
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:42   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

2-0 to the Stanley please D3N.
Old 01-05-2017, 14:13   #12
God Member

Many thanks for your pre-match ramblings, Div3North, throughout the season. The Voodoo Gods allow me only rarely to predict, but I always enjoy your efforts. Long may they continue.
MikeA likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 18:59   #13

1-0 to Stanley lets ****** there end of season
JIMSLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:53   #15
Full Member+

Satanage 3 - 1 Stanley please D3N.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..