Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2016, 18:40   #16
Senior Member+

Re: 2016/17 Season Tickets

Well seen as I'm asking shows I'm interested, I'm just unsure what the standard price is for a league two disabled ticket is? Do we do disabled prices this season?

Seen as most people struggle to get a constructive answer our of you il wait for ChrisR to reply!
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 10-02-2016, 18:50   #17
God Member

Just had a look back at the season ticket prices for last season & it looks like there wasn't a disabled concession price then either? At least there's not one shown on the list - trying to post a link to it but struggling to get it to work
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 19:10   #18
God Member

According to the Football League's guide to disabled facilities in League 2 the following 11 clubs offer concessionary prices for disabled fans:
Bristol Rovers, Cambridge, Dagenham, Luton, Mansfield, Morecambe, Northampton, Portsmouth, Stevenage, and Yeovil.
Contact each club to find out just what concession is made.
Leyton Orient claims to let disabled fans in for FREE, but not sure if there is a limit on the numbers.
The other 13 apparently charge full price.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 19:18   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Leyton Orient claims to let disabled fans in for FREE,
So do Stanley, depends on the disability
Admission Prices ? Accrington Stanley FC
Old 10-02-2016, 19:33   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

So where did ChrisR,get the complete withdrawal of disabled facilities from then? the star trek.
Old 10-02-2016, 20:07   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Half right, Dave; an accompanying person, not the disabled fan, gets in free. But maybe that's what happens at Leyton Orient, and every other club?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 20:16   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Half right, Dave; an accompanying person, not the disabled fan, gets in free. But maybe that's what happens at Leyton Orient, and every other club?
Even half right is an achievement these days
Old 10-02-2016, 21:33   #23
Senior Member+

That (full price, accompanying person free) is a pretty standard arrangement across many sports in my (wheelchair pushing) experience. I do think a season ticket should be available on that basis.

On balance, I think a disabled person who can attend a game unaccompanied should be entitled to the concession price (including for a season ticket) - but I recognise drawing the line for a single admission can be tricky, especially for (volunteer?) gate staff on the day.
Old 10-02-2016, 21:40   #24
Full Member+

I think the price I paid last season was the same as the over 65s price but I am not over 65 and as such do not qualify for a concession on age. I would be happy to pay that price, Last season and the previous seasons I have had to show DWP letters confirming my entitlement to disabilty benefit. and I am also registered partially sighted and had to show all this to the club. I was helped a great deal by Rob Houseman. If people in the club needed any history on this issue Rob is the man. I have spoke further to Dave Burgess and have email correspondence with him, I have to wait until next week until he looks at it again, But there was no need for this to be an issue, I won't say anymore on the discussion at this point but I would take seriously Cashmans signature. I don't want anything for nothing. I do hope this helps a little.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 21:54   #25
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Dave I think you have missed the point. A disabled person has always paid the concession rate regardless of age. Excluding children. and carers were admitted free, No Problem. who decided that the concession rate should be withdrawn for disabled people under 65? I did mention that we don't even allow injured ex service people in for free or a low rate. I think some manager in the new team needs to realise what the club is about, We are on the cusp of making history, How does it look to the outside world. I could understand it if we had not enough room for the full paying fans to get in. But I think some of the ideas being touted from the senior managers is deeply worrying. not thought through. and if implemented will seriously damage the club. perhaps if they listened to supporters we could avoid the pitfalls, After all we all want the club to succeed.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 23:11   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Dave I think you have missed the point. A disabled person has always paid the concession rate regardless of age. Excluding children. and carers were admitted free, No Problem. who decided that the concession rate should be withdrawn for disabled people under 65? I did mention that we don't even allow injured ex service people in for free or a low rate. I think some manager in the new team needs to realise what the club is about, We are on the cusp of making history, How does it look to the outside world. I could understand it if we had not enough room for the full paying fans to get in. But I think some of the ideas being touted from the senior managers is deeply worrying. not thought through. and if implemented will seriously damage the club. perhaps if they listened to supporters we could avoid the pitfalls, After all we all want the club to succeed.
Sorry Chrisr, I have to take issue. As far as I am aware, the club has never offered a disabled concessionary season ticket. I agree with LancsDave in that the club do allow carers in free with a full ticket price paying disabled supporter, however they must first prove their disablility with letters from DWP etc etc. In fact, most grounds I have visited with my partner (who is disabled) operate in a similar way, the notable exception was Torquay (when a league club). I do agree though that disabled persons wanting a season ticket, should be allowed to get it at the concessionary rate, especially persons such as yourself who are registered partially sighted. Lets hop MD Dave Burgess comes up with a solution.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 10-02-2016 at 23:14.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:44   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Dave I think you have missed the point.
I was only referring to the Football League guide which states the clubs who offer disabled free entry.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:06   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Well seen as I'm asking shows I'm interested, I'm just unsure what the standard price is for a league two disabled ticket is? Do we do disabled prices this season?

Seen as most people struggle to get a constructive answer our of you il wait for ChrisR to reply!
It certainly didn't show you were opposed to it, is that constructive enough for yeh? the price is irrelevant, the fact Chrisr was told the concession he got (whatever that is) i dont know was withdrawn, is enough to make any decent person make a comment about it, you didn't.in fact i have never been aware of you making a criticism in all the time yeh been on here.Be constructive and show me one yeh made.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:31   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It certainly didn't show you were opposed to it, is that constructive enough for yeh? the price is irrelevant, the fact Chrisr was told the concession he got (whatever that is) i dont know was withdrawn, is enough to make any decent person make a comment about it, you didn't.in fact i have never been aware of you making a criticism in all the time yeh been on here.Be constructive and show me one yeh made.
Post 12 on the "Where are we at?" Thread, 3rd paragraph!

I wasn't familiar if we have done disabled prices before or how much the average disabled ticket was, hence why I asked!

If the club do agree to do a disabled price then great but even still I don't think £8.65 a game is a bad deal for a adult season ticket, Disabled or not!
Old 11-02-2016, 10:09   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Post 12 on the "Where are we at?" Thread, 3rd paragraph!

I wasn't familiar if we have done disabled prices before or how much the average disabled ticket was, hence why I asked!

If the club do agree to do a disabled price then great but even still I don't think £8.65 a game is a bad deal for a adult season ticket, Disabled or not!
That aint criticism, its you making a valid point which i agreed with. yer full of bull baldy,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..