Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2016, 14:26   #31
Full Member+

Re: 2016/17 Season Tickets

OUTBACK OZZY, you can take issue all you like. I have the season ticket here in front of me. it just says concession , The point is the club has for many years allowed disabled supporters to buy concessionary season tickets, I have had a few.. so why is there a problem now? This is a principle argument not a financial one for me. But the message it does send out is bad, The overall price for a season ticket is nothing like other clubs in league one charge, but the principle still stands.
cashman likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2016, 14:31   #32
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I was only referring to the Football League guide which states the clubs who offer disabled free entry.
Dave I do not want free entry or ever did, The club sold concessionary tickets to disabled people. I think they charged the same price as the over 65s. I have no problem with that, why can't I and others do the same this year?? simple.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 11-02-2016, 15:06   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
OUTBACK OZZY, you can take issue all you like. I have the season ticket here in front of me. it just says concession , The point is the club has for many years allowed disabled supporters to buy concessionary season tickets, I have had a few.. so why is there a problem now? This is a principle argument not a financial one for me. But the message it does send out is bad, The overall price for a season ticket is nothing like other clubs in league one charge, but the principle still stands.
Its that simple to me, the guy has had one for awhile, so to remove that is stupidity of the highest order, and will do the club no good whatsoever, I think our new MD should join the circus, cos thats were clowns are employed.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 11-02-2016, 15:13   #34
Super Moderator

It seems strange to me that the club are making a lot of noises about being at the heart of the community yet don't offer concessionary tickets for the disabled or for injured service personnel. A rethink by the club management required here I reckon!
Chrisr likes this.
Old 11-02-2016, 15:48   #35
God Member

In general I agree that disabled fans (customers) should be entitled to the concession price, as they cant work, arent likely to be working anytime soon and thus are unlikely to afford a full price.

Perhaps our new MD has just 'misunderstood' the pricing structure of football in general? Concession to me means old, young and infirm.

However, perhaps if this is true in its entirety then it is synonymous with the classification of disabled in general society. I know people who have blue parking badges entitling them to park wherever they like. Now I have no truc with parking directly outside a shop if you have limited mobility - but I know a guy with one eye who is 'disabled'. Does the lack of an eye prevent him from walking 300 yards to said shop just like I would have to? Back to relevance, should the lack of an eye (he works) entitle him to discounted football? I couldnt give many examples but there are plenty of people who are classed as disabled when in fact they are as able as the majority to access the stadium, watch the match, shout and bawl, and pay £8.65 for the privilege.
Old 11-02-2016, 16:05   #36
God Member

If you download a copy of the clubs customer charter available on the club information page you'll find that both wheelchair disabled person's and ambient are indeed entitled to the concessionary rate.
Chrisr likes this.

Last edited by andyd; 11-02-2016 at 16:08.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 16:43   #37
God Member

Quote:
Dave I do not want free entry or ever did, The club sold concessionary tickets to disabled people. I think they charged the same price as the over 65s. I have no problem with that, why can't I and others do the same this year?? simple.
I was replying to Exile's post, merely pointing out what the club website says about free entry. Not suggesting for one minute you wanted free entry.
Old 11-02-2016, 18:58   #38

Disabled tickets. Bit of a minefield but i'll try to describe what the club does.

There is no obligation to reduce the price of tickets for disabled supporters as far as I am aware. In fact reducing the cost of a ticket for a disabled person can be seen as positive discrimination as I am reminded frequently by visiting disabled supporters.
It's more about access for disabled supporters. If a supporter with medium or high disability needs a carer we offer a free ticket for the carer with no reduction for the disabled supporter. Away supporters comment on how fair this is and are happy with this policy.
We were criticised last season for having reduced prices for both disabled and carers.
Season tickets are similar this season. Disabled pay full price for their age bracket, carer is free. Sometimes there are times when individual cases are considered for a discount.

Unfortunately I haven't been involved in next year's season ticket arrangements/ pricing but I will ask for the information any of you need at the weekend. Maybe setting up a disabled supporters working group is an idea.

Anything else you would like to know i'll answer if I can or find out if I can't.

Robert Houseman SLO [email protected]
cashman and mab like this.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 20:05   #39
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
Disabled tickets. Bit of a minefield but i'll try to describe what the club does.

There is no obligation to reduce the price of tickets for disabled supporters as far as I am aware. In fact reducing the cost of a ticket for a disabled person can be seen as positive discrimination as I am reminded frequently by visiting disabled supporters.
It's more about access for disabled supporters. If a supporter with medium or high disability needs a carer we offer a free ticket for the carer with no reduction for the disabled supporter. Away supporters comment on how fair this is and are happy with this policy.
We were criticised last season for having reduced prices for both disabled and carers.
Season tickets are similar this season. Disabled pay full price for their age bracket, carer is free. Sometimes there are times when individual cases are considered for a discount.

Unfortunately I haven't been involved in next year's season ticket arrangements/ pricing but I will ask for the information any of you need at the weekend. Maybe setting up a disabled supporters working group is an idea.

Anything else you would like to know i'll answer if I can or find out if I can't.

Robert Houseman SLO [email protected]
Thanks rob, I fully accept the club is under no obligation to offer a concession to anybody. My grumble is simple. Last season and a couple prior to this I have purchased a disability concession by showing my DLA letter and other evidence of partial sightedness to you . who I may add was very helpful. I paid my money and got my ticket, I would like to question the misinterpretation of positive discrimination. this legislation was allowed to bring equality in the work place. If you follow the logic that to offer a disability concession is positive discrimination and has been suggested to me, That this would be illegal to offer a concession to the disabled. Then surely this must apply to all concessions or is it ok to pick and choose who the club discriminates against? I can't see why this has become a problem this season. I am sorry you were not involved this season as I am sure this would not have happened. I do think it sends out the wrong message to loyal fans.
Old 11-02-2016, 20:41   #40
Full Member+

Macca If that is how you really feel towards people with disability? This shows an ignorance of peoples conditions. I can walk through the gate or I wouldn't come, But there are times when I can't walk but you don't see me then. you can't always see what is wrong. I agree there will always be the few who will screw the system if they can and I despise them as much as other people do. I have a blue badge and can count on one hand how many times it has been used. (I can't drive anymore) so I am dependant on my wife, I have a bus pass but can very rarely use it due to my condition, people only see me out at my very best. I would suggest our new MD has a lot to learn quickly. I have followed Stanley since the unibond days when Paul Beck was the hero I was not disabled then, If this proves to be a big problem then I will not renew my season ticket and withdraw support for the club. The club is moving away from the friendly club it was. I will wait and see how the situation pans out. I still want the club to get promotion this season. But I hope enough fans ask the question not for me but for all genuine disabled people.
Old 11-02-2016, 21:01   #41
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
If you download a copy of the clubs customer charter available on the club information page you'll find that both wheelchair disabled person's and ambient are indeed entitled to the concessionary rate.
Thanks for that Andy, This can be found on the club website under club info, then click supporters and it says you can download the clubs charter, It is a PDF document, Please scroll down to page 6 which is clear and self explanatory, If our new MD has not familiarised his good self with this charter I think he should very quickly.
Old 11-02-2016, 21:11   #42
God Member

Quote:
Thanks for that Andy, This can be found on the club website under club info, then click supporters and it says you can download the clubs charter, It is a PDF document, Please scroll down to page 6 which is clear and self explanatory, If our new MD has not familiarised his good self with this charter I think he should very quickly.
Not a problem only to glad to help anybody with any form of disability will always get my support not only at football but in any walk of life hope this is resolved for you as we need all our supporters on board now and in the future good luck, Andyd.
cashman and Chrisr like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 21:30   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
The fact he aint, endorses my view, that hes a clown. who if he carries on in this way, will bring nowt but trouble and grief to the club.
Old 11-02-2016, 22:12   #44

The Customer Charter is for season 2015/16. I presume it wil be rewritten for the new season. Also, we have taken part in the "tickets for troops" scheme which enabled members of the armed forces or those medically discharged free tickets to designated matches.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 22:15   #45

Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of concessions for disabled people, there is no mention of a concession being anything other than over 65s and students in last years season ticket announcement so it is strange that you got one however it doesn't surprise me. Season ticket prices frozen ? Accrington Stanley FC

Some clubs do concessions for ex servicemen with a Defence Discount Card, Stevenage did for me last year when I asked and they also did the same with season tickets. From memory Rochdale charged the full price for disabled last time I was there except for those in wheelchairs on the basis that they could choose any seat they wanted where as wheelchair users were stuck at the front.

There is no such thing as a disabled person per se there are people who have a disability and that may not always be constant. As Chris says just because he looks fine when you see him it doesn't mean he is always fine. I work with the Council team which deals with helping people claim benefits, apply for blue badges and assess care charges. Everyone is different and some disabled people get paid far more than the average wage where as others don't and can receive very little so to to base having a concession on poverty is also wrong. On the other hand the same could be said about pensioners who do get concessions regardless, however it would be wrong to means test season tickets.

My personal gripe is as I have stated above regarding flexi tickets and I discussed this with David Burgess at Carlisle and emailed him as requested so that is my crusade!
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..