Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2016, 21:37   #46

Re: 2016/17 Season Tickets

It also appears that season 14/15 did not meantion disabled people as a concession 2014/15 Season Ticket Prices ? Accrington Stanley FC
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2016, 08:15   #47
God Member

the main question is do disabled, not the wheelchair bound ones, get a concession or not. if they get one and it does not say disabled does it really matter. its the money that matters. going back to wheelchair bound fans I have a disabled step son and back in my groundhopping days he used to come with me. if I remember correctly all clubs had the same pricing structure free for him and full price for me as a carer and this was all divisions below the greedy league.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:21   #48
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
It also appears that season 14/15 did not meantion disabled people as a concession 2014/15 Season Ticket Prices ? Accrington Stanley FC
It does in the charter, please read it.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 16:12   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Macca If that is how you really feel towards people with disability? This shows an ignorance of peoples conditions.

I don't really understand your question Chris. I don't 'feel' one way or another towards a disabled person, they are just another person. I've plainly said that some cases are different. The problem is with classification. You can't really start to differentiate between disabilities, just like you can't start to differentiate between poverty and affluence. It's a tricky minefield once you start to knuckle down into it.

One problem I have always had with football ground pricing structures is that there are too many different bandings. It should be adult and concession, 2 prices, done, dusted. Let disabled or anything else be covered in the customer charter and if you cant find that you ring and they can take each case on its own merit
Old 12-02-2016, 17:56   #50
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I don't really understand your question Chris. I don't 'feel' one way or another towards a disabled person, they are just another person. I've plainly said that some cases are different. The problem is with classification. You can't really start to differentiate between disabilities, just like you can't start to differentiate between poverty and affluence. It's a tricky minefield once you start to knuckle down into it.

One problem I have always had with football ground pricing structures is that there are too many different bandings. It should be adult and concession, 2 prices, done, dusted. Let disabled or anything else be covered in the customer charter and if you cant find that you ring and they can take each case on its own merit
Macca have a look at the supporters charter on the club website, it is under club info,supporters charter. Page 6 it is clear, and unambiguous.
Old 12-02-2016, 19:12   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Macca have a look at the supporters charter on the club website, it is under club info,supporters charter. Page 6 it is clear, and unambiguous.
Again I am not taking sides but it could be argued by the club that the charter does not apply to season tickets but rather to individual match tickets. Furthermore it could also argue that this was superseded by the ticket price announcement for the new prices from 1/1/2016. This changes the admission price to full price for a disabled person and a PA free instead of the price under the charter of a concession price and a student price for the PA which is more expensive. It is a good move for disabled people with a PA but not for those who manage on their own.

It may have helped if the club had explained this if it is the case. It may even be the case that they didn't even know about the charter because I have to admit that I didn't and that could be why it is still there despite the price changes.

Good luck with your attempts though.
Old 12-02-2016, 19:54   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Again I am not taking sides but it could be argued by the club that the charter does not apply to season tickets but rather to individual match tickets. Furthermore it could also argue that this was superseded by the ticket price announcement for the new prices from 1/1/2016. This changes the admission price to full price for a disabled person and a PA free instead of the price under the charter of a concession price and a student price for the PA which is more expensive. It is a good move for disabled people with a PA but not for those who manage on their own.

It may have helped if the club had explained this if it is the case. It may even be the case that they didn't even know about the charter because I have to admit that I didn't and that could be why it is still there despite the price changes.

Aye but the new M.D. with an F.A. background should surely?
Chrisr likes this.
Old 12-02-2016, 20:21   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aye but the new M.D. with an F.A. background should surely?
You would expect so but over the years I have learned that what you would expect isn't always the case.
Old 12-02-2016, 20:22   #54
Full Member+

Quote:

Thanks, The charter is rewritten every year apparently, it would seem the people who took care of this side of things in the club have been pushed aside. Big mistake.
Old 18-02-2016, 10:18   #55
God Member

Really generous act from Ken Webb reported on the Fishy site. A true football fan and a gent.
baldy likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 11:34   #56

Fantastic Gesture - Thanks Ken
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 19:39   #57
Full Member+

A great Gesture from a gentleman. I can now confirm that the club have withdrawn the disability concession for next season. Mr Burgess has confirmed this in an email to me. This is a sadly retrograde step for a so called community club. But it could be argued that this brings the club into line with other clubs, well I hope Mr Burgess is happy with his achievement, I have supported the club for many years through thick and thin. I never thought this club would sink to this, It is not like the ground is full to capacity week in week out.
Old 18-02-2016, 20:07   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

A disgraceful state of affairs, the aim of a club like stanley should be to attract fans, this is nothing but driving them away, This new MD is a terrible move by whoever and certainly no Due Diligence has been done before this appointment in my view.
KiTChener and Chrisr like this.
Old 18-02-2016, 20:35   #59

Still no flexis either. Perhaps he might realise soon that his job is to not just attract new fans but to keep the ones we had.

I wonder if he has heard the Josey Wales quote of "don't p*** on my back and tell me it's raining"

Never mind, if crowds are poor it will be the fault of the Accrington public!!!
cashman likes this.
Old 19-02-2016, 07:58   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Still no flexis either. Perhaps he might realise soon that his job is to not just attract new fans but to keep the ones we had.

I wonder if he has heard the Josey Wales quote of "don't p*** on my back and tell me it's raining"

Never mind, if crowds are poor it will be the fault of the Accrington public!!!
Spot on, thats the old chestnut " Blame the Accrington Public" well who are they gonna blame for regular fans not coming any more? There is actually "MORE" than this disabled disgrace, but as no-one involved has yet posted i aint saying,
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by cashman; 19-02-2016 at 08:03.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..