Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2016, 08:19   #61
God Member

Re: 2016/17 Season Tickets

I've been reading with interest the same subject on fanbase on the Rochdale forum who are currently losing fans quite regularly, someone on their forum suggested trying the £100 season ticket experiment that both Hartlepool and Bradford tried a gamble that you lose money at first but both these clubs have now almost doubled their average attendance's which brings extra revenue eventually but crucially builds the long term fanbase maybe we could try this while on a more secure financial footing must be worth a try.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2016, 08:38   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I've been reading with interest the same subject on fanbase on the Rochdale forum who are currently losing fans quite regularly, someone on their forum suggested trying the £100 season ticket experiment that both Hartlepool and Bradford tried a gamble that you lose money at first but both these clubs have now almost doubled their average attendance's which brings extra revenue eventually but crucially builds the long term fanbase maybe we could try this while on a more secure financial footing must be worth a try.
think bradfords cup exploits over a couple of years have helped. no media cup interest and a couple of average seasons their gates will drop down no matter what the cost is. at the moment Bradford are still on a high. if for once we could have a good cup run with all the media attention it gives I,m sure our gates would really go up. not the time for Stanley to do something drastic like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 10:26   #63
Full Member+

I have researched this much further and to be honest disabled concession at grounds are just a hotpotch of policy on the hoof. Surely the English FA should be able to get together with clubs and have a coherent policy on this serious matter. I strongly suspect that other thing have a much higher priority than disabled fans. I can only say since this has cropped up the new owner has been very conspicuous by their absence, I just hope they cast their minds back to the history of the club and the dark days we came through. Even in those times we catered for disabled and unemployed people. But those in charge at the club have obviously got a different vision. I just hope their greed does not damage the club.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 10:59   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I have researched this much further and to be honest disabled concession at grounds are just a hotpotch of policy on the hoof. Surely the English FA should be able to get together with clubs and have a coherent policy on this serious matter. I strongly suspect that other thing have a much higher priority than disabled fans. I can only say since this has cropped up the new owner has been very conspicuous by their absence, I just hope they cast their minds back to the history of the club and the dark days we came through. Even in those times we catered for disabled and unemployed people. But those in charge at the club have obviously got a different vision. I just hope their greed does not damage the club.
Whilst supporting your basic point about liking to see the club helping the unlucky, and regretting the loss of this concession, I don't see how anyone "in charge" of a club like Stanley can genuinely be accused of greed. Ownership, as far as I can see, gives you the right to pour money endlessly into a black hole with no hope of any return and no reward other than being abused by fans for not pouring in more. I wouldn't do it, that's for sure.
Old 19-02-2016, 11:08   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Whilst supporting your basic point about liking to see the club helping the unlucky, and regretting the loss of this concession, I don't see how anyone "in charge" of a club like Stanley can genuinely be accused of greed. Ownership, as far as I can see, gives you the right to pour money endlessly into a black hole with no hope of any return and no reward other than being abused by fans for not pouring in more. I wouldn't do it, that's for sure.
The issue is with the clown appointed new MD, not the owner.
KiTChener and Chrisr like this.
Old 19-02-2016, 18:14   #66
Full Member+

Quote:
I can assure you and anyone else that I am not blaming the new Stanley owner of greed, I have been a fan too long. I think the new MD has other ideas that are going to shake the club but I am not sure this will go down well. However I don't really understand the point you are making. The owner is no fool and knows when and where he will put his money, Andy is a fan as well as a business man. The big problem is the new MD just removed the disabled concession without any warning or consultation, It was arrogant and bullish to treat supporters in such a high handed manner. At the moment the club is on the cusp of promotion and is attracting interest again. I am afraid after this season I don't see I can support the club whilst it is being run by such a person as the current MD. I just hope the proposals I have put to the FA are discussed and maybe even adopted.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by Chrisr; 19-02-2016 at 18:20.
Old 19-02-2016, 19:09   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I doubt very much if you will be the only one chrisr.
Old 19-02-2016, 21:47   #68
Senior Member+

OK, you're talking about the MD, so where does greed comes into it for him? Uncaring, unthinking, bad Google Page Ranking, arrogant maybe, but greed? Your word, not mine ...
Old 20-02-2016, 09:28   #69
Full Member+

Quote:
OK, you're talking about the MD, so where does greed comes into it for him? Uncaring, unthinking, bad Google Page Ranking, arrogant maybe, but greed? Your word, not mine ...
Chimer the greed I can see in the new MD is in the removal of the concession and other plans he has taken from other clubs. I think he sees the club as a bigger cash cow to be exploited. I am afraid the more I see of him in action the more I become disillusioned for the future of the club. See who departs and comes to the club in the very near future.
Old 20-02-2016, 09:33   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Chimer the greed I can see in the new MD is in the removal of the concession and other plans he has taken from other clubs. I think he sees the club as a bigger cash cow to be exploited. I am afraid the more I see of him in action the more I become disillusioned for the future of the club. See who departs and comes to the club in the very near future.
Anybody who thinks they can make money out of Accy Stanley must be off their head. And as for asset stripping, what assets.

For those in need of a thinking dog for the stupid, there are no assets other than the good will of the fans and be warned - football fans are a very fickle breed.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 11:54   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Still no flexis either. Perhaps he might realise soon that his job is to not just attract new fans but to keep the ones we had.
Just done some digging, the Flexi Tickets weren't announced until 6th July last season, Have the club stated there will definitely be no more flexi tickets?

Maybe they're trying to push Season Tickets before announcing Flexi Tickets if they are still doing them!

Flexi tickets frozen ? Accrington Stanley FC
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 20-02-2016, 12:13   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I just heard Rob Heys has left the building? not the best move if true.
Old 20-02-2016, 12:35   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Just done some digging, the Flexi Tickets weren't announced until 6th July last season, Have the club stated there will definitely be no more flexi tickets?

Maybe they're trying to push Season Tickets before announcing Flexi Tickets if they are still doing them!

Flexi tickets frozen ? Accrington Stanley FC
Rob Houseman was telling people in the ticket queue one day that after these vouchers were finished there would be no more flexi's. I can see why they push seasons first but even at that price it's just no good for some of us who can't make midweek games. I even suggested to the new MD that I would buy one at 15 tickets at a reasonable price - say £11 -12 each early bird.
mab likes this.
Old 20-02-2016, 13:00   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Hes another who has been side shunted along wi others.
Old 20-02-2016, 13:20   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hes another who has been side shunted along wi others.
At least we will look a lot more professional when it hits the fan this time .

For a club that relies on goodwill from people they seem to be going down a strange route.
Wynonie Harris, cashman and Chrisr like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..