Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2016, 16:05   #76
Full Member+

Re: 2016/17 Season Tickets

Fans are distracted at the minute because we are doing so well and long may it continue. If we do secure promotion I think we will see a new type of management, maybe a new stadium on the horizon as the current one would be judged to be in the wrong place and no longer fit for purpose.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2016, 17:15   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I just heard Rob Heys has left the building? not the best move if true.
Something seriously wrong behind the scenes when a fan, as much as an employee, can't work under the new regime!
Chrisr likes this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 20:06   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
...maybe a new stadium on the horizon as the current one would be judged to be in the wrong place...
It's in Accy, innit?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 08:31   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
It's in Accy, innit?
apart from Morecambe I can,t think of any new flat pack grounds,sorry stadiums, have been built in better positions than the original ones. the crown is not brilliant as we know just needs money being thrown at it. as for the issues of disabled season tickets surely there,s plenty of time left to sort this situation out. if we don't go up our fan base could shrink even further. as I,ve said before you go to your last match as well as your first. it,s an issue that dosn,t bother me attending Stanley but it does others. look after yor customers and they,ll look after you.
Chrisr likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 11:05   #80

Cool Re: 2016/17 Season Tickets

With regards to season tickets way no form on the website to download.
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 13:25   #81
God Member

Good point, Rishton, as I presume you mean "why no form".
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 13:41   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Good point, Rishton, as I presume you mean "why no form".
I do. I have got mine but they do not make it easy for any new fans who are unable to get to the ground of the shop in town during the week.
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 14:36   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
maybe a new stadium on the horizon as the current one would be judged to be in the wrong place and no longer fit for purpose.
Now why would we want to move when we have just secured a 50 year lease on the ground? Also, I have heard rumours that the cow shed could soon become a thing of the past and a 1500 all seater stand in its place. Also,and this I think maybe just a tad controversial, the Coppice end will be the new home end (covered) and the Clayton end will become the away end. As I say, not my words but words I have heard recently and with £1.32 million to play with, these rumours may not be too far from truth.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 15:42   #84

Sounds a common sense plan with terracing and seating for away fans in one place and a nice new stand up the side.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 17:20   #85

Sounds great. Build it and they will come!
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 17:42   #86
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Now why would we want to move when we have just secured a 50 year lease on the ground? Also, I have heard rumours that the cow shed could soon become a thing of the past and a 1500 all seater stand in its place. Also,and this I think maybe just a tad controversial, the Coppice end will be the new home end (covered) and the Clayton end will become the away end. As I say, not my words but words I have heard recently and with £1.32 million to play with, these rumours may not be too far from truth.
No plans been drawn as of yet so I've been informed. changing ends sounds ok until you take in to account that the control box(cabin) has to be in the away end, also theres better access to where the away coach's park on Livingston rd where there isn't any access to the clayton end apart from the pub carpark and past the main stand, not forgetting the police have an input as well. but like I say I may be wrong.
Old 24-02-2016, 17:43   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Sounds great. Build it and they will come!
We said that about the roo

Note not a misprint, there's no f in roof (well there wasn't then)
maccawozzagod likes this.
Old 24-02-2016, 18:03   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
No plans been drawn as of yet so I've been informed. changing ends sounds ok until you take in to account that the control box(cabin) has to be in the away end, also theres better access to where the away coach's park on Livingston rd where there isn't any access to the clayton end apart from the pub carpark and past the main stand, not forgetting the police have an input as well. but like I say I may be wrong.
I thought this as well when I read it earlier on my phone. The sensible thing would be roof the Coppice, seat it, remove the seats from the Clayton end, charge £20 for a seat and £15 to stand and you have solved most of the perceived problems and you don't even need to spend £20 on a loyalty card. Or is that too simplistic?

As for a 1500 seater stand, you could use that and the Coppice for away fans and close the rest of the ground as that would cover the usual crowds and then some.

If the business plan is build it and they will come then god help us. We probably have a core support of around 800 with the rest coming on an adhoc or semi regular basis. The former will come anyway on the whole as long as the prices are season ticket cheap, the latter less so and the way the new MD is annoying people it could get less.

Casual walkons might not bother if they have any form of hassle because unless people haven't noticed, there are plenty more things to do other than go to an Accy game as last night showed. If we can't attract people when we are in 4th going on 2nd with the games in hand then we won't attract them at all.

How many are disillussioned fans of other clubs or supporters whose team are playing away? Part of the mystique about Stanley is the adversity in the face of countless struggles managing with what they have. Remove that and to a certain extent you have just another League 2 team.
AccyMad, cashman and maccawozzagod like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 18:23   #89
God Member

Pink
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
I thought this as well when I read it earlier on my phone. The sensible thing would be roof the Coppice, seat it, remove the seats from the Clayton end, charge £20 for a seat and £15 to stand and you have solved most of the perceived problems and you don't even need to spend £20 on a loyalty card. Or is that too simplistic?

As for a 1500 seater stand, you could use that and the Coppice for away fans and close the rest of the ground as that would cover the usual crowds and then some.

If the business plan is build it and they will come then god help us. We probably have a core support of around 800 with the rest coming on an adhoc or semi regular basis. The former will come anyway on the whole as long as the prices are season ticket cheap, the latter less so and the way the new MD is annoying people it could get less.

Casual walkons might not bother if they have any form of hassle because unless people haven't noticed, there are plenty more things to do other than go to an Accy game as last night showed. If we can't attract people when we are in 4th going on 2nd with the games in hand then we won't attract them at all.

How many are disillussioned fans of other clubs or supporters whose team are playing away? Part of the mystique about Stanley is the adversity in the face of countless struggles managing with what they have. Remove that and to a certain extent you have just another League 2 team.
A lot of what you say is true Deeayess but it,s all well and good being nostalgic and with most of the old directors getting older with the recent problems with postponement,s and the recent big losses for a club our size I think without the recent takeover we could well have not been here and myself and the other hardcore 900+ would have had nowhere to go and nothing to spend your extra £8.65 or £15 or £20 a fortnight.
baldy likes this.

Last edited by andyd; 24-02-2016 at 18:27.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 18:36   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Pink

A lot of what you say is true Deeayess but it,s all well and good being nostalgic and with most of the old directors getting older with the recent problems with postponement,s and the recent big losses for a club our size I think without the recent takeover we could well have not been here and myself and the other hardcore 900+ would have had nowhere to go and nothing to spend your extra £8.65 or £15 or £20 a fortnight.
No, we would probably have done what every other club that lived beyond their means do and start again at a level we can sustain.

Look at what happened with gretna and their millionaire backer. The high the highspots of European competition and now play in the Lowland League.

Any changes have to be sustainable and not rely on someone elses money and I can't see where the money will come from given previous years losses.

By all means buy into the dream but watch out for the nightmare that could follow.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..