Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2016, 18:58   #91
God Member

Re: 2016/17 Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
No, we would probably have done what every other club that lived beyond their means do and start again at a level we can sustain.

Look at what happened with gretna and their millionaire backer. The high the highspots of European competition and now play in the Lowland League.

Any changes have to be sustainable and not rely on someone elses money and I can't see where the money will come from given previous years losses.

By all means buy into the dream but watch out for the nightmare that could follow.
Again what you say is true but after following Stanley for so long and this season is probably the best ever we have a chance of being in less debt or hopefully debt free and all we are getting on this website is a lot of negativity OK this Mr. Burgess is testing peoples patience but he is just another employee who will have to get it right or he too could be shown the door I want to enjoy the dream but also would hate to see long standing supporters stop coming because of one individual.
Redraine likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2016, 19:19   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Again what you say is true but after following Stanley for so long and this season is probably the best ever we have a chance of being in less debt or hopefully debt free and all we are getting on this website is a lot of negativity OK this Mr. Burgess is testing peoples patience but he is just another employee who will have to get it right or he too could be shown the door I want to enjoy the dream but also would hate to see long standing supporters stop coming because of one individual.
I agree with you there however it is beyond testing peoples patience as most who have spoken to him will tell you. People like him don't go easy and how far does the club have to sink before he admits he's wrong.

I booked time off to do a few days way for the Newport game but still haven't booked the trip yet as I'm losing interest and keep putting it off until tomorrow.

I will still be down this season as I still have flexi tickets but I can't guarantee it next season. Spot the benefit of a flexi.

Stanley aren't my only team, I followed Rangers for years as a season ticket while also attending Stanley games. Fans eventually removed those damaging the club after a long struggle by not attending in numbers and during this period Stanley became the place of choice on a Saturday and continued this season and would have been next but this could change.

In terms of places I've been and trophies I've seen won, promotion to League 1 wouldn't normally be a great deal as such but I would love to see Stanley do it as it would be against all the odds.
cashman and Chrisr like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 20:12   #93

Average attendance now 1522 at home

Let's see if there's any significant effect on this number in the remaining games, best way to judge.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 20:35   #94
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Rob Houseman was telling people in the ticket queue one day that after these vouchers were finished there would be no more flexi's. I can see why they push seasons first but even at that price it's just no good for some of us who can't make midweek games. I even suggested to the new MD that I would buy one at 15 tickets at a reasonable price - say £11 -12 each early bird.
At £180 for 15 tickets it is hardly worth it with only £19 pound off the £199 full 23 games.

The flexi has gone, as it costs £135 for 7 games same as 10 with the 'early bird flexi', obviously 8 games with the new card is £150 same as the 'late bird flexi' for 10.

This loyalty card thing is not worth it, as to make it even save a penny you need to go to 7 games (30.4%) whilst the cost is 67.8% of a season ticket. I can't see people not getting a season ticket but forking out £45 for their first game.

With the season ticket costing £8.65 a game flexis (if they did exist) should not be too cheap as some may get them instead of season tickets, but add 50% is £12.97. 8 tickets at this price would be £103.62. I think a £100 8 game ticket (one ticket per game only) would be fair, and if half way through another one is bought, then there would be 16 games for £200 only costing £1 more than the ST but no incentive not to get a ST.

Better than charging £10 for under 12s.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 20:46   #95
Senior Member+

As someone who has used a flexi ticket for a few years now I think its a shame they are going.

However, I am more than happy to keep backing the club and get a membership card and pay £15 per game when i can make it.

What I would suggest, why not make the membership card have a life span of say 5 seasons?
That way you will have more casual fans buying it as they will be happy to fork out he expense of membership if they will get to use it more than once.

I will be honest, there is no way if i was a casual fan I would buy a membership card if it only lasted for 1 season and I only planned to visit maybe 3 or 4 times.

One last thing, why not put the membership/loyalty card as an app to make it easy for fans to get tickets - you can pay over your phone and simply pick them up with a quick QI scan of the membership/loyalty ID.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 20:54   #96
Full Member+

Out of interest Dave, how many Home League games do you reckon you will make it to?
Old 24-02-2016, 20:59   #97
Senior Member+

I have 3 left for this season although I have normally ran out of tickets by the end of feb!
7 so far

The cancelled games are probably the reason why

Last year I did 11 home league , 5 away league, 3 cup home, 2 cup away
Old 24-02-2016, 21:12   #98
Full Member+

So based on last year it will cost you £195 for league only games compared to the £199 ST. That is why I can't see many who don't get a ST getting the loyalty card.

It only works for those who go to 7 to 11 games, and those who go to 9 to 11 may get a ST just in case they can make it to more. The only benefit is paying as and when you go, which will be a factor to some.
Old 24-02-2016, 21:18   #99
Senior Member+

good point chewbacca, may need to reconsider a season ticket.

The beauty of a flexi is I can bring a friend and use 2 tickets.
Old 24-02-2016, 21:40   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
At £180 for 15 tickets it is hardly worth it with only £19 pound off the £199 full 23 games.

The flexi has gone, as it costs £135 for 7 games same as 10 with the 'early bird flexi', obviously 8 games with the new card is £150 same as the 'late bird flexi' for 10.

This loyalty card thing is not worth it, as to make it even save a penny you need to go to 7 games (30.4%) whilst the cost is 67.8% of a season ticket. I can't see people not getting a season ticket but forking out £45 for their first game.

With the season ticket costing £8.65 a game flexis (if they did exist) should not be too cheap as some may get them instead of season tickets, but add 50% is £12.97. 8 tickets at this price would be £103.62. I think a £100 8 game ticket (one ticket per game only) would be fair, and if half way through another one is bought, then there would be 16 games for £200 only costing £1 more than the ST but no incentive not to get a ST.

Better than charging £10 for under 12s.
Saving £19 at the top end of my example is better than nothing where a season ticket is no use. Flexis would be targeted at people for whom a season ticket doesn't suit not to replace them hence the savings can't be as much as a season ticket plus they also mean you can pay up front reducing matchday outlay. They would have to increase similar to season tickets otherwise people wouldn't buy season tickets therefore your 16 game example wouldn't work as such for the reason you have given.

I used the fifteen game one as a personal choice as I would guess that is around the number of games I'd make in normal circumstances. There is no reasonable argument for arguing the loyalty card plus 10 games is a better deal than the 10 game early flexi for people who would commit to those many games.

The argument is academic though because it doesn't fit the master plan.
Old 24-02-2016, 22:02   #101
Senior Member+

Surely, as Dav007 says, the real selling point of the flexi was the ability to use more than one of the credits at the same game, enabling you to drag a mate along at short notice for no instant financial pain?
Old 24-02-2016, 22:11   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Surely, as Dav007 says, the real selling point of the flexi was the ability to use more than one of the credits at the same game, enabling you to drag a mate along at short notice for no instant financial pain?
That was another good thing about it. Plus any unused at the end of the season can be a free ticket for someone else unlike a season ticket.
Old 25-02-2016, 09:11   #103
God Member

The argument is academic though because it doesn't fit the master plan.[/QUOTE]

the master plan is trying to sell more season tickets than last year. simples.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2016, 09:41   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
The argument is academic though because it doesn't fit the master plan.
the master plan is trying to sell more season tickets than last year. simples.[/QUOTE]The master plan may well fail. i know 2 possibly more that aint renewing.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 25-02-2016, 09:50   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the master plan is trying to sell more season tickets than last year. simples.
The master plan may well fail. i know 2 possibly more that aint renewing.[/QUOTE]

Well I will certainly be getting mine could,nt care less who,s the team manager or who own,s the club best football I,ve seen for a generation but even that does,nt matter only the grim reaper will stop me and you can,t argue with him.
AccyMad and Redraine like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..