Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2016, 20:21   #121
Senior Member+

Re: 2016/17 Season Tickets

Just a further thought on all this. Will season ticket holders, loyal fans by definition, be eligible for all the extra benefits that holders of the loyalty card will receive?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2016, 20:28   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Just a further thought on all this. Will season ticket holders, loyal fans by definition, be eligible for all the extra benefits that holders of the loyalty card will receive?
I would think they should but given the post elsewhere about them not being paying customers for under 12s I would guess not. Happy to be wrong though
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 20:54   #123
Senior Member+

It would be good to see an official answer from the club on this question.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 08:28   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Average attendance now 1522 at home

Let's see if there's any significant effect on this number in the remaining games, best way to judge.
3 home games since this. Average attendance now stands at 1565, slowly creeping up. No negative effect from the cashless turnstiles it seems. Improvement on last seasons average - 1478.

Anyone actually bought a season ticket yet? I'm waiting for payday this month.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 09:54   #125
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Over a 1000 way fans in the last 2 games helps
Old 13-03-2016, 11:39   #126
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post

Anyone actually bought a season ticket yet? I'm waiting for payday this month.
Paid for mine yesterday
Old 13-03-2016, 12:26   #127
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Paid for mine yesterday
Ditto!
Old 13-03-2016, 12:52   #128
Senior Member+

yeup paid for mine too, disappointed that still the only way to pay is cheque or cash
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 14:45   #129
God Member

I recall Chrisr (may have been someone else) explained ( a long long time ago ) that the credit card companies/banks withhold payment to Stanley "in case the club goes bust" during the coming season and, presumably, they would have to compensate season ticket holders.
Given that the 'early bird' concessions are designed to bring in money when there is otherwise less opportunity for the club to generate income, it's understandable, if this is true, that the club don't use credit card payments.

But I'm not at all sure if that's how credit card companies/banks do operate, or whether it's just how they treat all or certain football clubs.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 14:47   #130
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I recall Chrisr (may have been someone else) explained ( a long long time ago ) that the credit card companies/banks withhold payment to Stanley "in case the club goes bust" during the coming season and, presumably, they would have to compensate season ticket holders.
Given that the 'early bird' concessions are designed to bring in money when there is otherwise less opportunity for the club to generate income, it's understandable, if this is true, that the club don't use credit card payments.

But I'm not at all sure if that's how credit card companies/banks do operate, or whether it's just how they treat all or certain football clubs.
What i cant get me head round, does a debit card payment not go out right away?
Old 13-03-2016, 15:10   #131
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
What i cant get me head round, does a debit card payment not go out right away?
That's what I don't get either & it'd be easier for most to pay by debit card rather than trailing up to the club with a wad of cash, I'm also a little disappointed that the two part payment idea brought in last season isn't being used this time - no doubt there's a reason for it but I think there would possibly have been more early bird takers if it was an option.
Not moaning, & will be renewing mine - was just easier last year to split the cost
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 15:14   #132
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well no-ones bothered to explain from the club,why a debit cards a no-no.
Old 13-03-2016, 16:41   #133
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well no-ones bothered to explain from the club,why a debit cards a no-no.
Cashy, Daine and all; it's good question re debit cards; BUT the banks treat them the same as credit cards. We have asked after monies were previuosly "held back".

Last time we enquired they wanted an £80k deposit to allow us to use this facility. We don't take £80k after the VAT is accounted for.
I know Andy's people we lookling into it; but without any joy.

Those club's that do have this option take out expensive insurance policies.
cashman likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 16:51   #134
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Cheers fer the answer, woulda been worth explaining it on the fishy though imho.
Old 13-03-2016, 18:23   #135

The above is correct. Banks would be responsible for refunding payments if the club go bust for credit card and visa payments. Given the perilous state that the club has been in previously there is no way banks would touch us with a barge pole. The same happened with Rangers after their troubles.

It is different for individual games as payment can be released once the game is played but we still don't take online payments however there could be another reason for that.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..