Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2016, 15:38   #1
Senior Member+

2016/17 Season Tickets

Nice to see the prices published early. £199 for a ST if bought before 30/4/16.
I can see the loyalty card being snapped up though for £20 to reduce the walk on price to £15, especially for those who cannot commit to coming every home match. Well done the club for publishing these details early. Now to start saving my £199
Red-Osbornello likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-02-2016, 16:53   #2

Re: 2016/17 Season Tickets

Excellent. Was it 200 for the early bird deal last season?
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 17:16   #3
Senior Member+

Hope the club get plenty of advertising around the town and on leaflets on matchday whilst we're on a roll!

Loyalty card pretty cheap as a birthday present!
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 04-02-2016, 20:31   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Excellent. Was it 200 for the early bird deal last season?
Yes it was and the option to pay in instalments, providing the final payment was before 31st July I think.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 04-02-2016, 21:08   #5

Sorry for being underwhelmed but this is actually worse for me than last season which was being called ridiculous. The only possible saving grace would be promotion.

Season tickets are the same price which may be a bonus if it's league one but not for me. It is unlikely to be worth my while given that to date this season I have made 7 games at home and I have been to every one I could go to. With a bit of luck I should be able to double that by the end of the season but that is dependent on rail works and any potential cuts to our bus services in the new financial year.

Last season on here it was a case that £20 was too much and would deter casual walkons despite the fact groups could use flexi tickets to get in for £15 each or £13.50 if bought while on offer. This season you can get in for £15 if you pay £20 up front. How many casual walkons will do that compared to those who will say sod it, I wont bother.

Last season I paid £135 for 10 tickets and those will be enough to cover me given I have acquired a few freebies for various reasons. This season it would cost £170 to achieve the same result and I wouldn't have paid up front so I have less incentive to go in the first place if the weather is dodgy or I have a raging hangover from a friday night out on the bevvy.

As for the discount with the loyalty card, I don't seem to buy as much merchandise as I used to other than the shirts on occasion an having been a member of the Stanley Legends, I am a bit wary of this as is seems roughly the same idea under a new name.

For me it would have been a better idea to leave things as they were. As for the cut price to £15 brought in as a great idea and listening to the fans, what is the justification for putting the prices up to £20 if we are still in league two other than last seasons idea of making money from the away fans?
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:00   #6
Full Member+

The season ticket prices dropping £1 is welcomed.

The match day prices, in particular under 12 for £10 is is **** take. I know any one in Accy would get a £20 card to get the £10 off or a free U12 with an adult, however it is obviously designed to sting away fans and has a few casual and far away Stanley fans caught in the cross fire too.

The 16/17 prices went up in Jan this year under the 'reductions' to encourage more fans too. Not enough thought is put into the pricing, if you were thinking of taking an U12 for a one off game you would think again.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:26   #7

hope it persuades the current breed of Accy area residents to wise up 'n smell the coffee ! Well done the Club - can smell the expectation level from all the way down here on the south coast.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 21:33   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
hope it persuades the current breed of Accy area residents to wise up 'n smell the coffee ! Well done the Club - can smell the expectation level from all the way down here on the south coast.
I would doubt it as someone who doesn't go won't buy a season ticket just because we look half decent and and how many casuals are going to fork out £ 20 up front to get a fiver off or pay £20 a game. If we were being realistic, would we even pay a fiver to go to ewood or turf moor if accy were away? Some might just to watch football but most wouldn't.

The low season ticket prices only appeals to those who would buy one anyway and the loyalty card at £20 won't appeal to the casuals who might only do the odd game if any anyway so really it is the same as last season and that was almost universally unpopular price wise.

It might look good value if we get to league 1 but not if we get a regular beating and hover at the botttom. What is the answer? I don't know but the death of the flexi puts me off to a small extent.

Time was I would go to the football slavishly, mostly Rangers games but still about a dozen or so Accy games. Now following the way Scottish fans are treated and the way Scottish football is hating it's self to death, it's now far more Stanley games but I have reached the stage where I could easily take it or leave it especially when the grandkids are here and I am not the only one. Football is no longer "a matter of life and death" or even a major attraction these days in the lower leagues and those who have a business plan of "build it and they will come" could be in for a rude awakening.

On that note, I have a "home" game tomorrow for a change so roll on beer o'clock in Carlisle tomorrow
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:11   #9
Full Member+

I have brought to the attention of the club the complete withdrawal of Disabled concessions. I have contacted the club as I believed this to be an oversight. It was not, I was told the prices for the season tickets were not known until next week, I did point out it was already on the site and has been for about a week. I won't go into details at this moment but I would ask all our supporters to make their feelings known to the new MD Dave Burgess at this discriminatory step by a club that has always been the leader in looking after all of the community.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 14:31   #10
Senior Member+

After thinking long and hard about this, I too am beginning to feel a little underwhelmed. Last year, there was the offer to pay for your season ticket over a number of months (up until 31st July), this made things a little easier for the elder supporters on a pension. Although there is 11 weeks until the date of closure for the tickets at £199, it means that those on a low income/pension have at least only 3 pay days, which if saving up effectively means that you would have to find £66.67 per calendar month to pay for the ticket. As for Chrisr's statement that the club don't know the season ticket prices for next year, I find incredulous and the abolishment of the disabled concession is a disgrace.

Old 10-02-2016, 14:36   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
After thinking long and hard about this, I too am beginning to feel a little underwhelmed. I find incredulous and the abolishment of the disabled concession is a disgrace.
I agree completely on this, in fact after thinking on it, i may not even renew my own.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 10-02-2016, 16:15   #12
Full Member+

I have no wish to put people off going to the club, But I fall into this category now and feel so annoyed and now disenfranchised, I have contacted the MD Dave Burgess but I am not convinced by the discussion I had with him. I have looked into many clubs in league one and two and sent him a couple of examples of what other clubs are doing. We don't even cater for injured service people at our club. I think the fans will be extremely annoyed at some of the ill considered suggestions coming out of the clubs management. I just want the ordinary fan to make their feelings known by asking Dave Burgess to reconsider this retrograde step. I know there is no legal requirement for the club to offer any concessions but if this is indicative of the route they are taking then I won't renew my season ticket and withdraw my support for the club. We have come a long way with a lot of hard work by unpaid and unseen volunteers. But I was told that there was plenty of time to get the season ticket, In other words they are waiting to see if there is enough of a protest from fans, I hope there is as it only needs an email, If you have time take a look at the disability concessions at other clubs. But I am beginning to think this is moving away from the family friendly club I have always been used to.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 16:47   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I agree completely on this, in fact after thinking on it, i may not even renew my own.
Mr.T seeing as you read this forum regularly maybe you could please bring it to the attention of the powers that be the concerns of these loyal fan's is a cause for concern to the owners good work since October, when supporters such as Cashman talk like he has it makes me a lot concerned.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 16:56   #14
Senior Member+

Out of curiosity, What prices are you expecting the club to charge disabled supporters?
Old 10-02-2016, 17:47   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Out of curiosity, What prices are you expecting the club to charge disabled supporters?
I doubt if anyone wants to tell em what prices to charge, I personally think its very poor NO consideration is to be given to em, Out of curiosity are you bothered about that fact? or just couldn't give a stuff.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..