Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2017, 22:03   #16
Senior Member+

Re: 2017/18 Prediction League; Game 25 v Grimsby Town FC (away)

I'll go for a 1 - 1 draw please D3N.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-12-2017, 22:15   #17
Senior Member+

I( just don't know which team will turn up on the day, but I hope that Stanley may just turn it round giving them the confidence for the derby match on the 1st. 2-1 to Stanley please.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 22:27   #18
Senior Member+

As I have missed the edit deadline, can I also add a Guess the Score for Stanley v Morecambe as i will be in bonnie Scotland on the 1st (probably suffering from a hangover) after the Hogmanay celebrations. Stanley 4 Morecambe 1 thanks

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 07:12   #20
Full Member+

Grimsby Town 1 Accrington Stanley 2
Leylandii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 07:49   #21
Full Member+

Grimsby Town 1-1 Accrington Stanley
accytom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 08:47   #22
Senior Member+

Stanley 1 Grimsby 0
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 09:35   #23
Senior Member+

2-1 to Acci please
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 11:36   #24
Senior Member+

Grimsby 0 Stanley 2 please
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 11:46   #25
Full Member+

Stanley draw 2-2
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 12:30   #26
Senior Member+

Bad feeling 2-0 Grimsby
Old 31-12-2017, 11:56   #27
Senior Member+

Change of Fortune, Change of Leader

Pragmatism took a firmer grip on the Prediction League community after 4 defeats on the trot, with 4 of us seeing another loss coming , 5 looking for safety on top of the fence and only 15 keeping the faith - and reaping the rewards .

Monkey Hanger was the highest placed pragmatist, and lost his six weeks old place on top of the podium as a result, with Outback Ozzy taking over on a second level countback ( - same number of points, same number of wins (maxis), one more draw (correct result, wrong score)). Mab now only 3 points behind in 3rd, and Leylandii and Tom D 1 point further back in equal 4th.

The only maxi this time went to Dav007 , boosting him from 29th to ... er ... 29th , but now in touch with the rear of the peloton. 7 of the faithful 15 got a bonus point, 5 for backing Aaron for a most welcome clean sheet , the other 2 (DaveinGermany and MikeA) for somewhat surprisingly expecting the flood gates to open at the other end.

Quite a lot of movement in and around the Top Ten, with AndyD up from 9th to 6th, Cashy from 10th to 8th, and DaveinG from 12th to 10th, pushing Ossy Kid out of the elite from his previous 8th. Other sliders were NigeB and Lord S, down from 6th and 7th to 7th and 9th respectively.

So at the turn of the year we have 22 regular players (played at least 22 out of 24), 6 more who've played at least half (highest placed of these ProccyFan in 19th), and 12 others (including Jims Lad who is alongside Dav at the back of the bunch from only 9 goes). 8 of these 12 have played only once (SalfordImp doing best picking up 3 points), though I suspect we'll be seeing Morecambe Red again very shortly hoping for a first point, which we'll be happy with as long as its just the one for "Stanley 3" in a 3-4 prediction .

Which leads me into roll on the Shrimps, Happy New Year to all followers of drivel, and may your hangovers tomorrow be washed away in the euphoria of a Derby win .

On Stanley On .... into 2018!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 30 Dec 17.doc (81.5 KB, 7 views)
Outback Ozzy and Stevie R like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..