Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2018, 21:03   #31
Senior Member+

Re: 2017/18 Prediction League; Game 26 v Morecambe (home)

Stanley win 3-1 please

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-03-2018, 15:55   #32
Full Member+

We are a different team since we loaned Greg Wylde from Plymouth Argyle.

Play like we did at Wycombe and I foresee Accrington 1 (Billy Bunter) Morecambe 3 (Kev with 2 and one for Wildig)
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 20:48   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post

Play like we did at Wycombe and I foresee Accrington 1 (Billy Bunter) Morecambe 3 (Kev with 2 and one for Wildig)
Love the optimism - we shall see
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 21:32   #34

Quote:
"Well my friend, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sauté it.
There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried.
There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich.
That- that's about it.
Oh I nearly forgot, there's Morecambe Bay shrimp.
Billy Bunter sure do love that the best!"
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:12   #35
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

You Forgot "Potted Shrimp" Lord Stiffers, but in this case that's more likely to be potty Shrimps! Delusional at least.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:32   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Can i change my forecast to 3-0 Stanley? after a shrimp fan gets ridiculous.
Old 07-03-2018, 17:25   #37
Senior Member+

One Of Everything, But Very Little Change

It was indeed a day for one of everything, except of course 3 points for the Stanley . Most importantly, only one goal, in the right net. Only one twist from original predictions - Cashman, who improved his take from 3 to 4 thereby . Only one Stanleyite not expecting to win - Monkey Hanger, crashing from 2nd to 5th as result of lack of faith . One entrant expecting a Morecambe victory against all sensibilities - but Morecambe Red can be excused for having his own red-tinted spectacles, we all wear them too now and then. And only one person correctly forecasting "Stanley 1" - and that was Morecambe Red too , leaping up the table from 38th= to 34th= as a result.

And they were the only two significant moves, as everybody else took 3 or 4 points, depending as usual on faith or otherwise in Aaron. A bit of minor chopping and changing, Cashman overtaking Div3North into 8th the only other Top Ten action, Wynonie similarly getting by AccyTom18, me passing AccyBeMe, StevieR doing Revived Red, Proccy Fan's non-appearance dropping him below Football19 and Tommy McQueen, and JimsLad similarly giving way to ChrisR.

So - roll on Luton . Something of a biggie, methinks , possibly even more for them than for us, as losing and giving up the last vestige of what looked like becoming an uncatchable lead a few weeks ago would surely be a huge blow to their confidence. Can we do them? Why not? Why not indeed?? Who's the ref???

On Stanley On!!

P.S. I'm off for a week on a little holiday on Saturday, so there won't be another table published until after the Vogon Rovers game on Saturday week. Hope we put some nice tempting pies in the away dressing room before that one .....
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 6 Mar 18.doc (84.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 07-03-2018, 18:13   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have a good Hol Chimer yeh deserve one.
Old 07-03-2018, 18:24   #39
God Member

Quote:

Well you were certainly a different team last night than the one who beat Wycombe - two of your fans sat with us in the main stand weren't too happy saying your lads were too slow & weren't creating any chances to speak of - I'm all for optimism but your insult to Billy Kee certainly came royally back to bite you on the backside
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..